Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

4.5

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [7/30/15]

on 8/9/2010 10:46:00 PM

If you look at the ingredient list, this is exactly like Clean and Clear Sensitive skin foaming face wash, but more expensive (at least where I get my cleanser from). I buy this when my store is out of C&C sensitive skin foaming face wash.

Nice and gentle.

on 5/27/2010 10:12:00 PM

I really like this cleanser even more than the cetaphil gentle cleanser I used for years. This is just as gentle on my skin and does not leave a film like cetaphil. I use this in the am and pm and I am not experiencing any more dryness than usual. This removes my light daily eyemakeup and foundation although sometimes I follow with a gentle scrub and toner. This has caused no breakouts and I do find it gentle. I recommend this over cetaphil.

on 8/28/2009 9:17:00 PM

So i have acne and just needed a break from all the dept. store brands, so i got this based on reviews and my derm mentioned that purpose was good too, but she was reffering to the moisturizer, but i thought i'd give this a try since i have sensative, oily skin. it does remove oil very good, but my face gets oily again, when i used another facewash this morning, my face did not get oily until probably 8 hours later, this maybe 1-2 hours later i get oily. it doesnt treat acne, it js gets rid of your makeup very good, and takes oil away when you wash your face but it comes back. its only $5 bucks at walmart and around 6-7 at cvs and stuff like that. im going back to my derm, so i wont be using this once i finish my bottle. i have almost went thru 2 in 2 months, washing twice a day. if you get it in your eye, it will sting. the bottle is poorly packaged. it spilled when i had it in my luggage because if you turn the bottle over, there is space for it to leak since they designed the cap so poorly since it's a pump...and water will get in if you leave it in your bathtub, i was wondering why it was so watered down, then i realized. if you have good skin and sensitive, and not oily i'd recommend this. if you have oily, try something else...

on 7/21/2008 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use a lot of makeup.So I was skeptical about this cleansing my face thoroughly...I used my vaseline removing my eye make up, then I washed my face with 1 pump, and BAM! My face was nice and squeaky (not stripped though) clean...simplicity at it's best...

Although I have Head to toe Baby Wash from my daughters baby shower, I prefer buying the $8 bottle for myself!!!Repurchase for me!!

on 7/24/2007 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I use it to cleanse my face at night because it washes off my makeup easily, leaves that clean feeling that I love, and it doesn't have freakin' Jessica Simpson as its spokesmodel!

This stuff is great because it doesn't do anything except for what its supposed to do. It won't make me look younger, give me a soft glow, or promise anything. It cleans my face.

The packaging leaves much to be desired though if you are expecting to use it in the shower. At some point, water gets inside the bottle and starts diluting the product. For a while I thought I was never going to finish the bottle, but it was just more water. Keep in on the sink or put it in a different container.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love that this does not dry my skin but leaves it feeling "cleaner" than Cetaphil does. The foam is really nice and it removes makeup well. HG cleanser!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great product for sensitive skin. I have pretty normal skin that falls on the dry side when irratated. This removes all makeup and leaves it feeling clean w/o stripping. No strong fragrance.

on 2/11/2004 12:25:00 PM

I love this stuff. I have tried them all, swearing that I thought I had to stick with an entire brand/line of products in order to get success. Not true. This is a staple, that's why all the dermatologists recommend. Whether my face is leaning oily or dry (depending on climate or my increasing age), I always come back to this. It gets rid of my makeup and doesn't overstrip. Sure, it could have a heavenly scent, or something like that, but it's a great cleanser that I will always keep around! UPDATE 4/13/2007: I realized that the ingredients are extremely similar to J & J Head ot Toe Babywash, so I use that now. I think it's the same stuff, but marketed in a cheaper bottle. I have been using for years now.

Popular Face Skincare Products