Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

3.8

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [7/30/15]

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this facial cleanser for my acne-prone, dehydrated skin. It's a no-nonsense cleanser that doesn't aggravate my skin. Rinses off easily. I buy two of the large bottles at a time, one for my bathroom counter and one for the shower. Seems expensive for a drugstore product, but when you compare it to the higher-end cleansers that are full of fragrance and other nonsense, this is a really good deal.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is probably the only facial cleanser that removes more makeup than anything else. I usually use my regular makeup facial wipes before washing my face and then I would use this. This not only works well in removing extra traces of makeup, but it also leaves your skin feeling so smooth like a baby's bottom. I am quite acne prone, but this cleanser has never broken me out. I am currently on my 2nd or 3rd bottle. If you are a huge makeup user and you have sensitive skin, check this gem out.

This is the best face wash I've ever used. I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin, and this product made my face feel clean and soft, and doesn't over-dry like other washes I've used. It is even gentle enough to take off eye makeup. My brother has more severe acne, and he saw much improvement by this wash alone (he switched from cetaphil). I'm on my second bottle, and my brother bought one for himself.
I rinse my face gently with cool water, lather a little of the product in my hands, and smooth it over my skin and eyes to get off oil, dirt, and makeup. Then rinse with plenty of cool water. I am very happy with this product.

UPDATE: Nearly 5 years later and I still love this face wash. I admit, I have strayed now and again, tempted by the promises of fancy face washes and their exotic natural ingredients, but nothing works quite as well at getting my skin clean and at a nice equilibrium.

on 7/21/2008 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use a lot of makeup.So I was skeptical about this cleansing my face thoroughly...I used my vaseline removing my eye make up, then I washed my face with 1 pump, and BAM! My face was nice and squeaky (not stripped though) clean...simplicity at it's best...

Although I have Head to toe Baby Wash from my daughters baby shower, I prefer buying the $8 bottle for myself!!!Repurchase for me!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Great face soap for sensitive skin. On particular hot days or during my period I have to use a toner but I find this to be the perfect face soap. It can be combined with any other products without drying out your skin or causing breakouts

on 7/24/2007 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I use it to cleanse my face at night because it washes off my makeup easily, leaves that clean feeling that I love, and it doesn't have freakin' Jessica Simpson as its spokesmodel!

This stuff is great because it doesn't do anything except for what its supposed to do. It won't make me look younger, give me a soft glow, or promise anything. It cleans my face.

The packaging leaves much to be desired though if you are expecting to use it in the shower. At some point, water gets inside the bottle and starts diluting the product. For a while I thought I was never going to finish the bottle, but it was just more water. Keep in on the sink or put it in a different container.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love that this does not dry my skin but leaves it feeling "cleaner" than Cetaphil does. The foam is really nice and it removes makeup well. HG cleanser!

on 3/31/2013 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser. It was one of the recommended cleansers from my dermatologist to use with a retenoid. It works great and is a bit drying but nothing that a good moisturizer cannot take care of! Highly recommended.

on 1/7/2013 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

While I like this cleanser a lot, I prefer Acne.org's cleanser over this one. However, I always keep a bottle of this stuff around because it is a good, reliable product at an affordable price point. I use it when I travel or run out of my usual cleanser.

There are three reasons why this isn't my number one choice.

First, SLS is the main foaming agent here. The SLS in this cleanser leaves my face feeling a bit tight after I cleanse. Other chemically similar foaming agents don't do this to me. It's not huge deal since I always moisturize after cleansing but I could do without that squeaky clean feeling.

Second, this cleanser is fragranced. I don't have a special sensitivity to fragrance but my skin is sensitive in general. Sometimes fragrance can contribute to overall sensitivity issues.

Finally, the Acne.org cleanser is a comparable product in my humble opinion but the Acne.org cleanser is even more cost effective in terms of dollars per ounce IF you purchase the largest bottle size and a few bottles at a time to offset the cost of shipping. Maybe this seems excessive but I consider the cost per ounce when I consider the value of any given product.

Still, this is a solid product. If you like this, you might also like the Clean and Clear sensitive cleanser if for some reason this is out of stock at your drugstore. It's very similar.

on 4/9/2012 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have oily acne prone skin; while this cleanser does not break me out, I do not see it helping with my acne issues either.
I prefer this for the summer time and cetaphil or purity made simple in the winter because this does dry my face a bit more than those other two.
It lathers very well and has a mild scent. Maybe my eyes are sensitive because it says that it isnt supposed to sting your eyes but if I get it into my eyes it certainly does sting.
I do not find that it is sufficient to take off all my makeup, so I always use TTDO balm beforehand or a remover wipe if I am wearing makeup.
It is a nice inexpensive alternative to use that I switch out with my other cleansers in the spring/summer.

Popular Face Skincare Products