Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

Filtered by age: 36-43
Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

4.5

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [7/30/15]

on 5/7/2017 10:49:00 AM

I thought this cleanser was just ok. It didn't seem to be strong enough to take all of my makeup off though (and I don't wear a lot). It didn't break me out and it didn't have a strong smell to it.

on 11/8/2008 4:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Nice gentle cleanser. Cleans well without over-drying. It's inexpensive and easy to find. I use it after removing my makeup with jojoba oil.

on 9/18/2008 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a very good general cleanser, I would guess good for all skin types. It is a clear gel that comes in a pump dispenser. It is nondrying, no discernable scent and as the bottle says, soap-free, hypoallergenic and won't clog pores. Lately, I have added a little baking soda to it if I feel like I need a little scrubbing action or to remove heavier makeup. This really seems to work well.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you are a Clinique liquid facial soap user, I'm about to save you a lot of money. Try Purpose instead-- chemically it is very similar, whether you use Clinique's oily or mild version. I made the switch after reading positive reviews, and Purpose works just as well as Clinique soap on my oily, acne-prone skin. Yes, it is very lightly scented, but unless you have extremely sensitive skin, it is not likely to be a problem. (I have issues with more heavily scented facial products, but not this one.) Same foam, same clean rinse, same refreshing feeling, same results when used with the other Clinique products. This is a great solution for me b/c I was going through the soap so much faster than the Clarifying Lotion and DDMG. I just pour Purpose into the Clinique bottle (which I like b/c the pump locks and keeps out toddlers!). A terrific drugstore find, I now buy it in 4-packs on Amazon for about $5 a bottle.

on 8/22/2008 9:13:00 PM

This is my HG face wash. It's reasonably priced and easy to fine at the drugstore or grocery store. It's soap-free and non-comedogenic which I need since I have oily skin. It has a nice clean, fresh, smell and, in conjunction with the rest of my skin-care regimen (which includes some topical prescriptions), it really controls break-outs. I have repurchased this product several times and will continue to do so.

on 9/26/2007 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have dry, sensitive skin and mild rosacea ....along with allergies ...and I break out with some products. I have no problems at all with this cleanser though--Love it!.

on 5/8/2007 1:12:00 PM

This is a dependable cleanser. Gentle yet strong enough to remove the day's accumulation of dirt and oil on your skin. Glycerin is the main ingredient as opposed to SLS. The price is phenomenal. However, if you leave the bottle in the shower, water does tend to seep in and make the cleanser watery after a few weeks.

on 2/10/2007 6:10:00 PM

If you have sensitive skin like me (I also have rosacea), this is the best face cleanser I've ever tried. I have fair skin that is not dry, not oily, but does break out easily, in hives as well as minor acne. Several doctors have recommended Cetaphil, which I dutifully tried to love, but my face never felt clean and it also itched a bit. This clear foaming cleaner is great -- it cleans well, lathers up and leaves my face feeling clean but not overly dry. My only minor complaint is the pump is almost impossible to open -- I've resorted to swapping the top with the Cetaphil flip top when I couldn't get it to open. It's also sometimes a bit hard to find -- but worth the search. I wouldn't wash with anything else.

on 8/18/2005 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My skin is very oily and acne prone, even though I'm in my late 30's. I had been on a hunt for a cleanser that got my face really, squeaky clean. After trying a million different cleansers, the one that really fit the bill was Sage Facial Shampoo. Loved the stuff, but the price was way more than I wanted to spend. After much more trial and error, I followed the advice of other MUA members and decided to try Purpose. It's the only thing that compares to my beloved Sage. Plus, it's easy to find and very affordable. I've stuck w/ this for years and am still very happy with it.

on 6/15/2005 9:39:00 PM

Got a sample of this at my dermatologist's office and love it! I like the smell a lot, and it foams up and gets my skin soooo clean without leaving it feeling tight and dry...I'll definitely buy this!

Popular Face Skincare Products