Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

Filtered by age: 19-24
Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

4.1

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [7/30/15]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My dermatologist recommended this cleanser a few years ago and I used it for a while before I gave it up. (Who knows why...) Recently I thought I should give it another shot and long story short, I threw it in the trash. My skin hates sodium laureth sulfate and fragrance so I don't know why I decided to give it another shot. Just because a dermatologist told me to use it I assumed she knew what she was talking about even though my better judgement told me not to believe her. This cleanser really dries my skin out and makes it bumpy so I won't be buying again. It's not getting a THIRD chance from me! The packaging was okay only I'm not really that into pump bottles because I travel a lot.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

YES. Thank you Jesus for allowing me to finally get something that is helping me heal. Have had such a terrible bout of severe cheek acne (hormonal... due to Loestrin... grr) and everything that I used just exacerbated and dried out my skin even more... thats never good. This is gentle enough, lathers so well, and feels clean without having that tight feeling. I'm happy and will be repurchasing. I'd recommend a very light cleanser to dry and acne prone skin types like mine.

Also, I do not use this cleanser to take my makeup off. I take it off before I cleanse.

EDIT: Just wanted to say that the pH of this cleanser is 6.5 - 7, that of water. Thats what they mean by "gentle as water."

on 4/24/2013 4:05:00 PM

Just got it and its already clearing up my face! I am very impressed!!! It's foams nicely its cheap no draw backs:)

on 3/31/2013 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser. It was one of the recommended cleansers from my dermatologist to use with a retenoid. It works great and is a bit drying but nothing that a good moisturizer cannot take care of! Highly recommended.

WARNING: Read ingredients and know what ingredients are bad for you before you buy a product.

Please do not listen to the PR and reviews for this facial wash. I wanted to believe it all too because my face was breaking out badly. This cleanser has not helped in the past month and my skin felt very irritated and again I was left with acne, and asking why?? I finally decided to research for myself and found an article "Ten Ingredients to Avoid in Your Face Products" by the website Good.is.

Purpose cleanser had two of these ten in their ingredients: "Sodium Laureth Sulfate" and "Fragrance." SLS strips you of your natural oils and "Fragrance" has a whole mess of hormone disruptors. There are effective, natural ways to cure your acne. Please do not give up hope.

on 7/11/2012 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My HG cleanser! before i used exfoliating sponges I used this on its own and it managed to remove most of my revlon colorstay foundation compared to that flimsy Neutrogena cleanser. It cleans effectively without overdrying or irritating my skin. The scent is also very mild, not harsh at all. I recomend this to everyone I love it

on 2/6/2012 6:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really enjoy this cleanser. It cleans my face, unclogs my pores and makes my face really smooth. :) I gave it a 4 becaaaause it doesn't take my make-up off that well. Of course, I'm not sure a cleanser should take off make-up. I think it should! Anyways, I love this and it lathers super well on my face with lots of water. :D Repurchasing!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

First I just want to thank everyone on MUA for your reviews on this product. I decided to buy it after seeing the high ratings, and the fact that 83% would buy it again. That's one of the best ratings I've ever seen on this site for a skincare product. I have been using this for almost a month and it's transformed my skin. Not dramatically, but I am seeing it get better and better every day. I still have the occasional cyst on the underside of my chin. In fact, I have one right now, but it's going away after just a couple of days as opposed to some that last months before I started using Purpose. As far as my actual face goes, completely clear, smooth, and soft. I was so scared that I would break out bad since I've had such horrible luck with drugstore brand skincare. I have had minor breakouts since using this, however I've developed a routine that is really doing wonders for me now. Purpose is 1/3 of the regimen that is making my skin what I have always wanted it to be. Thanks again everyone for your positive reviews. I know now that I can count on you all, and I look up the reviews on my phone while I'm at the store before I buy something.

on 4/16/2011 10:41:00 AM

Initially this product worked great for me, but a few weeks later I noticed it began to really dry out my skin. I have oily skin and this stuff ended up making my face feel flaky and really dehydrated. Also, the pump didn't work right so I had to transfer it to a squeeze bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is probably the only facial cleanser that removes more makeup than anything else. I usually use my regular makeup facial wipes before washing my face and then I would use this. This not only works well in removing extra traces of makeup, but it also leaves your skin feeling so smooth like a baby's bottom. I am quite acne prone, but this cleanser has never broken me out. I am currently on my 2nd or 3rd bottle. If you are a huge makeup user and you have sensitive skin, check this gem out.

Popular Face Skincare Products