Janet Sartin White Astringent

No Image

4.5

Ingredients: Purified Water (Aqua), SD Alcohol 40-B, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Magnesium Carbonate, Kaolin, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance. 11/07/10

For The person who said this does not work and you must be the only person that it did nlot work on, YES you are the only person!

I believe you are not using it correctly. There is No way that this will not penetrate the pores and dissolve black heads.

This product has to be one of the most Amazing skin care products I ever used. I have used it for years and years. Every night I thank Janet Sartin for her work and the White Astringent is a Miracle!

This product is seriously like Magic!

Just need to understand how to use it. i have seen people put the smallest amount on a Big Cotton ball where the cotton ball is just a bit damp. That wont do anything!

If you are not having as much white on your face that remains wet and HAVE to smooth dry with a tissue, Then you are not using this correctly.

Your face should be Wet and White! Then you remove with tissue! Your pores will be cleared real fast!

on 7/29/2014 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I must be the only person who didn't like this product. I had a facial done at the Janet Sartin spa in NYC about a month ago and purchased the white astringent because the facialist recommend it. Plus before I bought the facial I researched the spa and found out that the white astringent is a highly liked product. Honestly, after using it daily for a month I don't see a difference. The product smells awful and very industrial which is not fun to smell while trying to sleep. I also noticed no change in my blackheads or clogged skin. I stopped using the product when I couldn't handle the smell anymore

on 6/16/2014 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is one of those niche products that are unique. It's sold as a pore refining lotion (toner) for normal to oily skin but it rocks as a spot treatment, especially on a boo boo that needs fast healing. This isn't for those situations when moist wound healing is called for (like sutures or burns) but it's for the remains of blemishes that you just want GONE already. I swear just two nights of swiping this on and the scab will be gone. This beats my other fave spot treatment (ARCONA's Tabula Rasa which is mostly lactic acid) in that it doesn't make the spot peel any further. It's for those times when you want those peelies to eventually totally peel off and have smooth skin. CBK (Carolyn Bessette Kennedy) was a huge fan of this product and her skin was always stunning, no blemish in sight. I personally am not using this full-face nightly but I can see where it might be beneficial for some skin types. A 2-oz travel size is just $16. Thumbs up from me.

on 1/18/2010 8:35:00 PM

HG treatment product!! Used overnight it does keep pores clean, normalizes oil production and reduces redness. My skin is not oily, not dry, but has a tendency to adult breakouts. I used this years ago, dropped it when I began using RetinA and other retinoids...but know what? My skin looks better on a regimen of Laszlo Sea Mud Soap washing and Sartin White Astringent than it ever did on prescription retinoids. I'll probably still try to incorporate some retinoids into the mix, just for the alleged anti-aging/collagen building effects, but this stuff keeps my skin looking happy and young(er).

on 12/17/2008 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

The White Astringent is absolutely freaking fantastic. My skin is left with a matte finish and any enlarged pores have completely disappeared. Amazing! A bit pricey, but worth it.

on 4/5/2007 6:46:00 PM

This is great product to help clear up any prblem that your skin may have especially if you are oily. I do not use it everynight, but at least twice a week.

on 1/12/2007 7:49:00 PM

The white astringent helps shrink my pores and help reduce the inflammation when I feel a flare-up coming on.

on 10/6/2006 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I get cystic acne flare ups and blemishes so to shrink those babies overnight. I saturate a cotton ball and band aid it on when I go to sleep. I also dab it on the rest of my breakouts. In the morning= no bumps! Or at least, reduced in size.

I really like this product. Having been using Erno Laszlo for more than 20 years now, I am of course very familiar with their product line and of course remember when it was much cheaper than it is now and came in larger bottles too! (8 oz. vs. 6.7 oz now...why do companies have to be so greedy!) One thing that I have noticed over the years is that some of the original Laszlo formulations have changed a bit. One in particular is their Regular and Heavy Controlling Lotion. Having used Janet Sartin in the past, I was familiar with her formulations and know that it is quite similar to the Laszlo line. (Janet Sartin in fact once worked for Erno Laszlo until she went out on her own in the 1940's.) Anyway, I decided to give this product a try again after finding the Regular Controlling Lotion just wasn't doing the same for me as it used to, and finding the Heavy Controlling Lotion too drying. Lucky me, Sartin's White Astringent is just what I needed; it has brought back the glow I remember from the past and really does a marvelous job of shrinking & toning the pores on my nose. Of course, like all products it's not for everyone, and if you have dry skin it's not for you. Also, like Laszlo, you need to have you skin analyzed by someone familar with the line (they have salons in NY and Chicago) who can help you to get the right products. They also make a very nice soap called Superfatted soap and their Superfatted cream is also very rich and feels great when broken down and applied to my neck area (which tends to be dry). If you are at all interested in this line, I believe you can find her book, while long out of print, on ebay and other used book sites. I would be curious the know if there are any other young Sartin fans out there or if they are all my Mother and Grandmothers age!

on 3/8/2004 2:43:00 PM

I'm not as concerned about acne as the first reviewer--this was recommended to me for pores and blackheads. It actually works. In the morning my pores are smaller and blackheads decreased. I thought it would be too drying, but this is not the case for my combination skin. It is a night treatment and looks kind of nasty due to white residue. You can order at www.sartin.com