Fancl Cleartune Oil Control Powder

No Image

4.4

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product last year and it is a pretty good product overall. It doesn't really help with oil control but it gives you a matte appearance. It is handy to carry it around and apply it on your face whenever you feel greasy, especially during the summer. But too bad it didn't really control my oil or else this would be an excellent product!

on 4/15/2010 11:45:00 PM

I used to use this a few years ago but stopped because I wanted a change. Back then however, I used to break out quite badly, and the green tint of the powder really helped to reduce the appearence of redness on my face, especially on my nose and cheeks. As a result, my face also appeared brighter.

Oil control-wise, I guess it did help a little, but as I had a serious oil problem then, my face would still be an oil slick at the end of the day even with this on.

This product has a faint smell of sulphur which takes some getting used to, but is not overly pungent. I used to just wear this on its own (this was when I hadn't gotten into using makeup yet), but using other products should mask the smell quite effectively.

I actually finished using 2 - 3 cakes of this, but I've since moved on!

on 1/2/2010 7:37:00 PM

Works very well for my oily skin. It stays put and keeps me shine free. Definitely a HG for those with oily skin.

I dont know why but it gives me bumps on my skin.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hi beauties, i am in Vancouver, where can i buy it? i check their websitehttp://www.fancl.com/catalog/category.php?dept_id=18&language=Eng&subcat=Primers/Concealers and can not find this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This fancl cleartune oil control powder is the one product that keeps me looking reasonably like a human being every day. I have very, very oily skin which oils up 20min after putting on makeup, so this really controls oil visibly. The sponge that comes with it is useless; if you used it to put on the powder, your face will turn green (the powder is a bluish-green shade). Use a big face brush and lightly brush over makeup or sunscreen to set it. (my edm flat top brush works fantastically for this purpose). While the powder doesn't stop oil production, and your face would still feel sticky and greasy after a few hours, it doesn't LOOK oily. That's all that matters, isn't it? Not recommended for combination skins though, as it will feel a little tight going on.

on 2/2/2009 4:35:00 AM

I love love this to bits! It not only controls the oilies, but it sets my make up so well, that it last the whole day!!
I can no longer go out without it!

on 12/13/2006 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I never thought I'd be the type to say this, but I can NOT live without this powder. At least until I have found another record-breaker. It took me by surprise, because everything about this unassuming. The packaging is a small compact case, which comes with a nice mirror, a clear plastic powder/sponge separator, and the softest, most heavenly sponge i have ever had the fortune to handle. But wait, that is not my point! The bluish powder itself is a magical oil-controlling, blemish-reducing, skin-refining possibility! (This is the part where I am feeling elated.) I use a big fluffy MAC # 136 powder brush to deliver a sheer, natural finish. Retouching is only necessary after 6 hours of wear. And since it's so small, I carry it around me wherever I go. This is only LOVELY. Will repurchase until the day I die (or until my active facial oil glands decide to retire).

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i didn't think ANYTHING could work on my ultra oily skin. so even though the reviews were pretty good, i was rather skeptical. it was cheap though, so i just thought i'd try it.

BOY was i amazed. get this, i usually have to blot every HOUR, else i'd look like a major oil slick. when i used this, i could go without blotting for 3 hours! it doesnt sound that fantastic but for me, THIS IS GREAT! i apply sunscreen, wait a little while, and dab this on my chin, nose and cheeks. the green powder also reduces the redness. another plus! after this powder i apply fancl's milky foundation.

only one problem i have with it, but i'm not sure if it's this product's the culprit. my face looks cracked, lots of dry flakes accentuated about 4-5 hours later. it's so annoying when i have oily skin and dry flakes. it hasn't broke me out though *cross fingers* i figure it won't since fancl has that no preservatives, no everything-bad mantra

on 4/10/2006 7:29:00 AM

Helps to control oil under my makeup especially my T-zone. Plus it does a good job in concealing redness.
I dab abit on my eyelids to help my eyemakeup to stay as well, works flawlessly.