4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

Although not always easy to find, every makeup kit needs a well pigmented opague matte off-white powdered shadow for various uses; mixing/layering w/ concealer or color corrector to cover spots, tone down/lighten a color, mixing medium w/ other shades, highlighting/contouring, prep boosting to cover dark circles, photo black/white makeup and more. Milani's 05 French Vanilla Powered Eyeshadow is a great d/s brand that rival's some of the best at such an affordable price.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Other

EyesBlue

8 years ago

Great quality from the drugstore and ideal if you are on a budget. Make sure to use primer though.

About reviewer (884 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

3.0

10 years ago

It's kind of difficult to give an overall rating for the shadows, but decided it would be quicker to do a bulk review rather than indivdual reviews for each color. For all of them, I love the colors. They are beautiful colors, very universal. Anyone could wear any of these colors. But they all have such different textures and color payoffs that really change the shadow. I basically mentally divide Milani single eyeshadows into three groups. The Bad: Clover, Antique Gold, Classic Beige, Snow Frost, Flare. These are all such beautiful colors that it's painful the payoff is so bad. I cannot get these colors to show up. I've tried them wed, dry, with primer, primer and a white or black base...they are just so....weak. It's such a shame. The Workable: Storm, Silver Bullet, Almondine, Golden Bronze, Rich Chocolate. These are, again, beautiful colors. They have okay payoff. The aren't as dark/vibrant as I would like but I can make them work. they will probably all be replaced by more expensive counterparts at some point but the work good enough for now. The Great: Java Bean, Sun Goddess, Illusion. These are the three with great payoff, velvety texture, and nice lasting power. Love them! If all Milani shadows were like these, my wallet would be much less empty.

About reviewer (545 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Other

11 years ago

I bought the Milani Runway Eyes eyeshadow palette in 06 Beauty in Blues. This was the first time I have ever bought any Milani products. I love his palette. I wanted a palette that I could make abunch of different looks with and this one rocks. I can use the colors together or mix and match with other eyeshadows and it goes on very well. I would recommend this product. However I do not like that the eyeshadows are in stripes. Theyre hard to get on the applicator because they are placed so close and they break easily also because of the way they are in stripes. Other than that its a great product and I would reccomend it.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Olive

HairBrunette

from

11 years ago

I´m really amazed by the quality of these eyeshadows, they are great I have ten: Shock, Storm, Blue Ice, Java Bean, Clover, Sun Goddess, Rich Chocolate, Garden mist, Atlantis and Illusion and all of them are AMAZING!! great pigmentation, they last quite a while, the price is really good, you cannot ask more for that price, after NYX these are the best d/s eyeshadows I´ve tried. Maybe the pot is a lil weird to open, but that´s ok for me. Another big plus of this E/S is that they don´t smell and for me is very important that my cosmetics don´t have a scent or at least not a weird one, like most D/S products do. Oh and if you want to depot, is very very easy to do it, just remove the label and push the pan with a bobby pin through the little hole the pan has (or you can push with the label on it doesn´t matter) and voila, depotted!! (depending on how much glue it have you´ll have to push a bit hard for it to come out, or put a little alcohol in the hole with the same pin, but easier than depotting MAC or NYX anyways, you´ll need nothing but a bobby pin and some alcohol)

About reviewer (93 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Relaxed, Coarse

11 years ago

I got one of these in a swap as an extra from a sweet girl. Never tried milani shadows but heard good things. I depoted it and put it in my mac palette, the color is sheer sand and it's really close to urban decay's "scratch" which is one of my favs I'm running low on. I'll buy more milani shadows now, easy to depot too, great quality

About reviewer (239 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

11 years ago

Very good for drugstore product. Good deal for your money and is very great quality. It's no MAC but not everyone can afford MAC all the time. There are also a lot of MAC dupes in the Milani line. Just use a good primer (urban decay primer potion, too faced eyeshadow insurance, or paint pot) and the color will stay all day. p.s. You could depot these and put it in your MAC palettes! another plus! :)

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

11 years ago

Hands down, best eye shadow, MAC quality at drug store prices! I've been using it for a few years now. I don't buy MAC products anymore after finding out about Milani. Try it, you will love it!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

from

11 years ago

Yep, best drugstore brand there is! I own nearly all the colors and all the quads and I just love them all. (Well, that purpley palette is questionable as I'm pretty sure no one should have those colors on their face in any capacity but all the rest are just perfection.) Great pigment, long lasting, no creasing all for like $3. What's not to love?! Much better than NYX if you ask me. These fit perfectly into the MAC palettes and most MAC MA's can't tell these from their own stuff, lol! Just bring some more shades and a couple of matte colors wouldn't kill ya you Milani people. Are you listening??

About reviewer (178 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

11 years ago

I have all the singles plus two of their quads. Love love love, although I wish they had more matte colors. The pigmentation is awesome and you can apply them wet for more a dramatic sheen. The best cheap eyeshadow available at drugstores that don't carry NYX.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

SkinDry, Tan