MILANI Illusion [03]

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This es is true to its name, truly illusion that it doesn't go on as it appear from its pot, so don't expect to get a pink shade as it seems to be on application. It probably takes alot of building up to be close to what it looks like in pot. On application with TFSI as base, it appear to be a pretty duochrome of gold & pink, it's a very sweet shade for me that helps brighten up my eyes. Unique shade and I love it, will repurchase if I can still get it.

on 2/5/2011 5:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This is a great accent color! Even by itself, the pink with gold looks great :) When I wear it by itself, light makes it look like I have gold on my inner lid, and pink on the outer part

on 5/31/2010 8:39:00 PM

I wasn't disappointed with this one I thought the pigmentation was great love the pink with gold undertones. I use this in the inner part of my lid when pairing with darker colors or as an all over lid color on more casual days. I have oily lids so i always use primer or base. it's a cute package i think you can depot but i've never tried. price is good for DS. would rebuy and try other eyeshadows from this line.

on 11/19/2009 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is a very pretty light pink with golden undertones. It's gorgeous as a wash over the lid or in combo with darker shadows for a smokey eye. I read some grumbling about it's light pigmentation but even in the pan it looks like a very light pink which is what you get on the skin. Don't be confused and think it's a dupe for MAC's Expensive Pink. It's better. Illusion seems more finely milled while Expensive Pink seems to have glittery chunks in it. EP looks more peachy pink. Illusion is more golden pink. It's lovely paired with Sketch by MAC. This shadow is a great steal too. I love this whole line.

on 10/14/2009 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I bought this shadow a long time ago and since I never learned how to apply shadows properly I can't comment on its blending capability. This is a very pretty color with my blue eyes and fair skin, and doesn't make me look like I have the flu like some other pink or red-toned eye MU does. I have oily lids and everything creases on me, so I would entrust other reviews as to its staying power. It looks very nice with a bronzey eyeliner and brown mascara. Looks very innocent and great for daytime.

on 10/13/2009 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I heard this was a dupe of Expensive Pink so I had to get it. When I swatched it, the pigmentation was very sheer & I wasn't too happy about that. So I scraped it out of the pans, chopped it up fine (felt a bit like a druggie doing that. lol) & poured it into an empty screw-top container. As a loose e/s the pigmentation is much better & I will prob repurchase & chop it up again.
HTHS

on 9/28/2009 12:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I do love this color but I find the pigmentation lacking. It's fine, and makes a nice wash, but you'd have to really layer it to get enough color pay-off to use it with another color. It would work as a highlighter, but I wouldn't use it for that as it's a bit too eye-catching. I won't be repurchasing simply because I don't reach for it enough to use it all up anytime soon!

on 5/25/2009 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

For my tired-looking, brown eyelids this is a wonderful brightening more-than-just-neutral eyeshadow with a golden faintly pink shimmer. It is not garish and applies smoothly and looks good both day and night. This one wears beautifully with a primer all day long. It is also a good neutral to pair darker eyeshadow with. A definite re-buy.

on 5/7/2009 9:57:00 AM

This eyeshadow SUCKS! barely shows up on my eyelids.

on 5/5/2009 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I read a few of the reviews and many mua seemed disapointed. I am not. I must have bought a good one. My milani illusion is so creamy. Much creamier than my java bean or flare. It goes on like a litght pink with shimery yellow undertones. I really like this color as a lid color. I usually use illusion on the lid. Flare on the crease and Java bean on the inner corner.