NARS The Multiple in Portofino

NARS The Multiple in Portofino
The Multiple in Portofino

4.3

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Cetyl Acetate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Isopropyl Lanolate, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan, Bha. May Contain: Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 Ci 77492 Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 15850 (Red 7 Lake), Ci 45380 (Red 22 Lake), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30 Lake), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 15880 (Red 34 Lake), Ci 12085 (Red 36), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), Ci 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 75470 (Carmine).

on 11/8/2016 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I got this to travel, hoping it would sub in for blush/lip/eye things. I have NC45 yellow undertone oily skin.
Would not repurchase and was underwhelmed.
I usually use the UD de-slick setting spray and then some primer +/- concealer every day and when I put this over as blush it would "pill" really easily. I basically could only minimally blend without the product balling up.. The colour was nice enough but this was way more high maintenance than my $4 WNW blush for slightly less effect.
Plus, throughout the day I found it made me feel really greasy.

This is not great on the lips. It has a greasy chalky feeling and settles into creases.
The shade was not really a good one for eyes - not a con of the product.

Overall, nothing about this made me want to repurchase. It is basically expensive cream blush with "meh" performance in a fairly uninteresting shade. Maybe would have gone better with one of their more classic shades, but I found Orgasm was too much glitter.

on 7/23/2015 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Great idea and very good product. I've been trying to simplify my beauty routine. Between primer, foundation, concealer, highlighter, one color of eyeliner on top, another on the bottom, tightlining, crease versus lid shadow- it would take me ages to look "so-so".

I have had several of the Nars multiples for years and while I used them often, I just never felt I had it "right".

After doing some online reading, I decided to use it as intended. I did start with Sisley Phyto-eclar foundation, but the rest was the Portofino Nars stick. I put some along my hairline, some on my eyelids, cheeks and lips. Blended it all- but kept it in its original area. Added tightlining and mascara and wham. That's the face I've been looking for.

on 10/23/2014 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this after discovering NARS blush, enticed by the prospect of using one great NARS product for multiple things. Honestly? I'm underwhelmed. This product is only appropriate for use on the cheeks. On the lids it creases like crazy, and on the lips it looks strange unless missed with something else and used as a gloss or something. Unfortunately, unlike the powder blushes, the multiple has no staying power on the cheeks. I have never had a bad experience with NARS, and am frankly really surprised they made and continue to make this. I gave mine to a friend. If she doesn't like it, at least it didn't cost her anything.

I've wanted this product for ages, many months and my best friend bought it for me as a very late birthday present. It was really expensive, $39 for a little stick of blush. Nars calls it the multiple but I'd be very reluctant to put in anywhere except on my cheeks. I think the price is a little much, I mean the product will last you for a long time, because it's very pigmented. Despite being pigmented I feel like the color only really stays on my cheeks for 15 minutes and then it fades into nothing. I don't touch my face very often and if I do it's not my cheeks.

Overall: I will continue to use this product everyday, but I will not be buying it again because I don't think it's really that worth it. It's beautiful in color but it's staying power and price did not meet my standards.

on 5/18/2013 10:08:00 PM

I like Nars powder blushes and they had a cream line that they discontinued . The multiple is so called the cream miracle product but for $40 it's too expensive and I have to re-apply a few times a day and I have to add my powder blush on top to set. Not worth it!!!

on 3/14/2013 3:52:00 PM

HG in the house. A beautiful pigmented soft coral that has the easiest, blendable texture, hard for me to come by with cream blushes since I am so heavy handed and have dry cheeks! On my NC30 Asian light tan complexion, a few taps with my ring finger directly on the stick then I tap the finger on my cheek leaves a noticeable (but still natural-esque), warm coral-pink. I can easily blend and smooth out soft edges and the color spreads evenly with my fingers. A true first for me with a cream blush. It also lasts a long time for me, at least 6 hours. It is now always in my bag. Super fan.

I love the color this gives me and it blends veryyy easily..which is almost a problem for me. It fades off my cheeks seriously within ten minutes. I'm glad I only got this in a swap but honestly I don't feel like its worth keeping. I can get the same color that's SO much more lasting in one of my drugstore blushes.

on 3/5/2012 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This goes a very dark pink on me, almost red, no matter how lightly I apply it.
It's too sticky and drying to work on lips, so this one really didn't work for me.

This is a lovely product. A little goes a long way and it has no irritating glitter. It is easy to blend and gives me a quick lift.

on 2/16/2012 10:37:00 PM

Recently inducted into my personal hall of fame. I'm NW15-20 and this blush is just the perfect shade of natural pinky rose for me. Blends easily either straight from the stick or with a stippler.mlooks wonderful no matter what kind of look I'm trying to achieve. My all-time favorite cream blush.