L'Oreal Paris ColorSpa Moisture Actif [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

4.2

Water , Trideceth-2 Carboxamide MEA , Alcohol Denat , Propylene Glycol , Deceth-3 , Deceth-5 , Ethanolamine , Polyquaternium-34 , Sodium Diethylaminopropyl Cocoaspartamide , Sodium Acetate , Sodium Metabisulfite , Fragrance , P-Aminophenol , Erythorbic Acid , EDTA , Phenyl Methyl Pyrazolone , Resorcinol , 2-Methyl-5-Hydroxyethyl-Aminophenol , P-Phenylenediamine , M-Aminophenol , Hydrogen Peroxide , Cetearyl Alcohol , Ceteareth-30 , Glycerin , Pentasodium Pentetate , Sodium Stannate , Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate , Behentrimonium Chloride , Euphorbia Cerifera WaxCandelilla , Amodimethicone , Cetyl Esters , Isopropyl Alcohol , Methylparaben , Tridceth-12 , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride , Cetrimonium Chloride

on 7/7/2009 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

i love this stuff! my natural hair color is a mousy light brown (think dull and blah) and it's too light for my skin and eyes. anyway, i tried this in espresso, dark brown, shade 12. the result is a very dark brown - a less discerning eye might even call it black. it looks fab! my boyfriend asked me, upon seeing it, if i was wearing a wig because it looked "so perfect". he's complimented me many times on how great it looks. so, yeah, its kinda awesome :)
oh - and my hair is just past the bottom of my bra strap (aka, really long), and i only needed one box to saturate all. on the flip side, it *is* a little runny. do it in someone else's bathroom, hehe.

I have medium auburn hair that tends to get brassy and a little too orange for my tastes. I use Light Brown Mocha and it gives me a nice neutral med to light brown which I love and compliments my skin tone better. It doesn't appear to damage the hair too much and the colour is gorgeous. ♥

I recently tried ColorSpa MoistureActif in #24(Cocoa- Medium Brown). My hair is already coloured (from the salon), but my colour was beginning to fade a little and my roots started to show, plus I have about 5-10% grays since the time I had my hair professionally coloured. I wanted something that wasn't permanent, but that would cover the grays as well as my roots and give an all-over natural uniform colour. At the salon, the colourist used a semi-permanent so I felt that it would be okay to use Color Spa over the existing colour. After applying ColorSpa, my roots were covered and turned into a natural rich brown, the grays were covered completely (now those pesky little hairs look like highlights--but make sure to really cover the grays with the color--I used a comb after the color was in my hair to make sure it was evenly and thoroughly saturated), my roots look like the rest of my hair color, a nice rich brown; nothing brassy, nothing ashy, which I was afraid of, since my past experiences with drugstore hair colour gave flat or brassy results. This one, however, darkened my hair a little but that is what I wanted. I left the colour in for about 25-30 minutes. It rinses very easily and quickly; the conditioner is also fabulous-it is quite thick and really softens the hair and thus improves hair texture and condition. My hair was quite dry prior to using ColorSpa. Thus far, my hair is glossier and more uniform in colour, looks natural, nothing drastic. Smells great too, easy to apply and an affordable stop-gap in place of getting my roots and grays touched up @ the salon. I will repurchase this shade in the future, but I still prefer to get my hair coloured once at the salon b/c the natural brown is not ashy, brassy, or muddy, but since they use a semi-permanent, Color Spa blends in quite nicely when I need to touch up my roots w/out breaking the bank, paying $$$ to have a root touch up, provided I use a brown shade that is like my hair colour already or slightly darker. In all, so far, so good! ColorSpa does what it claims.I also felt more comfortable knowing that it does not contain ammonia, so the smell is quite pleasant;nothing overly chemical. My hair texture has improved so much since using this.

I have naturally dark ash blonde hair. I had highlighted on top of that with roots showing. I chose Palomino, and I LOVE it!!! My hair looks shiny and healthy. The color looks natural with no brassiness, blotchiness, or weird "hot" roots. I have used Natural Instincts before and have not been this happy with my results, because that brand tends to bring out the brass in my hair even if I get ash-toned color. Will definitely purchase again!!! Only I wish that they did not take the product out of drugstores.

on 8/25/2008 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Why is this listed under Treatments, and not Hair Color?

Anyway, my previously bleached and 3x dyed hair was fading to a brassy color, and I wanted to get it back to my root color, which is a brown/black. After scouring the message boards and reading through reviews, I decided to go for ColorSpa. I had used Revlon Colorsilk in the past, which works well, but it faded a lot and it is a permanent hair color that uses a very strong developer (around 25-26 volume I recall). ColorSpa seemed like a gentler option because it is a demi-permanent that uses a 15 volume developer. I walked over to Longs and picked up a box in Cocoa (Medium Brown) because a few MUA users said this color is actually a very dark brown. I got home and excitedly ran to the bathroom and got started. The directions were pretty easy to follow and I left the mixture on my whole head for 15 minutes (instead of 10 mins roots, 5 mins ends) since I wanted to focus on getting my lighter ends darkened.

BEWARE: this is a very drippy mixture and it looks like a bottle of this stuff exploded all over my bathroom, so make sure you line everything with newspaper if you want to avoid that. One good thing about the drippyness, however, is that the mixture fully penetrated my hair, even though it didn't seem like there was a lot in the bottle.

When I was first rinsing it out, my scalp felt a little tingly, so I panicked a bit, thinking that maybe I was experiencing an allergic reaction. False alarm; I'm fine, and the sensation went away after I rinsed everything out. Also, my hair felt pretty dry during the rinsing process, but I think all hair dyes do that to your hair (it felt way drier during the coloring process for Colorsilk). After I used the conditioner and blow-dried my hair, my hair feels super soft and thick--not dry at all. The color is great and it was pretty much what I was looking for--a very dark brown. I know it will fade, but I'll try my best to slow that process. Bottom line: this is definitely my favorite hair dye now and I'm really glad I tried it.

on 8/18/2008 4:02:00 PM

I was very pleasantly surprised with this product. I'm not one for coloring my hair...haven't done it in several years and I don't love putting harsh chemicals in my baby-fine, thin hair.

I have naturally light brown hair, but I wanted it to have some red/copper tones to it. I wasn't ready to go permanent, so I picked this up at my local Rite-Aid. They were having a BOGO sale, so I grabbed two for the price of $6.99. The color I chose is called Sunset Golden Copper.

It was simple to use, like other reviewers have mentioned. You click two bottles together, shake up the dye mix, and apply on damp hair. It was a little drippy, but not too bad, and it didn't stain my sink or counter area AT ALL. It was so easy to clean up!

I left the product on for five minutes longer than they said (so 20 minutes total) and I now have the exact shade of copper-golden brown that I wanted. I love it! And my hair feels super-soft too! I've heard this product is close to impossible to find, so I'm going back to my Rite-Aid tomorrow and buying all the boxes they have in this shade!

on 7/22/2008 5:02:00 PM

What a pleasant experience! No this dye is not the best..the color is not as pretty as the box (came out to dark..Cocoa, Med. Bown), and there was not quite enough to fully saturate my shoulder length hair. but I am willing to forgive those things for 3 reasons.
1. The dye is very easy to use. you twist and click the two bottles together, shake and apply per directions! very easy directions at that.
2. The dye itself! The dye was a light color that didn't stain my skin or my bathtub. It is not runny, it doesn't take nearly as long to rinse out as other dyes(10 mins TOPS and the water was running clear), and it's easy to wash off (i had a splotch of it on my arm that washed off with dove soap).
3. It did what I wanted it to do, which was cover some hot orange roots and help make my hair a more uniform color. It is dark brown now with hints of red. More red on top obviously since my hair was lighter up there, but it looks okay and I'm fine with leaving it alone for a while (poor hair *sniffle*)

It costs more here (westchester, ny) than you guys are saying...mine was $6.79, but that's a lot less than getting my hair color corrected. There were only 6 colors at my drugstore but those are close to the colors I want anyway...although I'd order online if I had to. So yes, I would buy it again, but I'll buy two boxes!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First off I am a first time dye user with very fine, thick and curly brown hair. I used the Redwood color. Its very pretty, didn't damage or dry out my hair like i thought it would. Not too drastic or matte looking. I bought another box and plan to do it next month!

I just dyed my hair last night using this in cocoa (medium brown shade). I've always had natural blond highlights ranging from gold to platinum blonde and the underside of my hair (where the sun never touches) is almost black. Well, i got sick of people asking my if I've colored my hair( people would ask my mom when I was really little, too), so I tried this stuff and it's great! I have very thick coarse and straight hair, so I can never get it to be really shiny and this definitely helped. Also, my hair a pretty dark chestnut color-blonde streaks are gone, but they are still a lighter brunette color which looks really good. I'm so happy with this stuff.The smell is not that bad. This only cost about $6 too, so that was good.

UPDATE MARCH 08 This stuff is terrible, it said it would be gone in a month, and now i have roots. It looks terrible and brassy, it's not so obvious but it's there and it is annoying. DON'T use this stuff

on 10/22/2007 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Decided to try a semi perm after a bunch of gray hairs started appearing :( Found colorspa at ride aid a couple days ago for $5.99 & after reading the reviews (color runs darker than shade on box), I chose the shade cocoa for my black hair. So I washed my hair with aveda detoxifier to remove build up a couple nights ago & applied colorspa last night and love the results but....it doesnt cover gray (which I kind of expected)...think it might of covered them if I picked a darker shade but I wanted to see if this shade would lighten my black hair...and it did! Its still dark but I def see brown...more of a chocolate brown too w/no red tones! So, I'm satisfied with the color :) Formula is a little runny but not a problem & I suggest if you have long hair (mine is a little past my shoulders) to buy 2 boxes. I also left it on longer than directed for 30 min., used a little of the conditioner, and today my hair is soft, shiny, & the smell has already faded. Will def. buy again & highly reccommend for virgin color treated hair.