Weleda Almond Facial Oil

Weleda Almond Facial Oil

4.3

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond), Prunus Domestica (Plum), Prunus Spinosa (Blackthorn)

on 3/11/2017 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

It is my first facial oil and my skin likes it! Plus that it smells really nice and soft.

on 12/22/2016 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Omg,
This is my life saver!!
I have been using this for about 3weeks and i can tell you this is just perfect for my skin.
I have very sensitive skin. I am struggling with super itchy red skin on my cheeks, dryness and flakyness on my chin and whiteheads on my forehead.
All moisturizers I tried they either gave me more whiteheads or made my face burn the whole day.
I tried everything from nivea, innisfree ,face shop to expensive brands like sk2 and sulwhasoo. I use it every morning (before I do my make up)and before I go to bed.
None of them gave me this healthy glow without clogging my pores like Weleda. It doesnt feel heavy, my skin just absorbs it right away and it calms my redness .
I wake up in the morning without any itchyness.My skin just looks healthy !!
I paid 12euro which I think is a reasonable price for sth that finally works.
Thanks to Weleda for carrying such a nice product.
Definitely give it a try!!

27/12/16
I had 2 big pimples(period)
After putting lots of oil on that spot both pimples faded away.. ahhh i just love this product!!

on 11/15/2016 1:51:00 AM

This is a lovely facial oil that I use instead of moisturizer. I have oily to combination skin, so adding moisturizer on top of this seems like overkill. I mean, I want my skin to be hydrated, but I also want my skin to be able to breathe. I think we are encouraged to keep layering and layering products on our skin, but in my humble opinion this is not good for my skin and I wonder how much of this layering idea is smart skincare and how much of it is marketing. My skin just looks better when I use less products so I will continue to stick with what works for me. This almond oil has the slightest scent of marzipan, it`s barely there and it doesn`t bother me at all. Not only did it not break me out, but it actually made a bunch of small raised cysts on my forehead shrink and disappear overnight. It moisturizes without making me feel greasy and uncomfortable. The dropper is a pain, but it allows me to dispense a small amount: it`s easy to overdo it, you only need a few drops, especially if you have combination skin. Will definitely repurchase.

on 3/24/2015 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I bought this after being a loyal argan oil user for several years. I like this almond oil better than the argan oils I've tried because it's lighter but still moisturizing, but I don't think this is moisturizing enough for cold winter weather. Right now I'm using 4% hydroquinone at night and it makes my skin so flaky and dry. If I layer some almond oil over it I wake up to decently moisturized skin. It also wears well under makeup. Love that this is nearly scent-free. Don't like the weird drip opening because it only gives you one drop at a time, so I removed it. At ~$20 this is reasonably priced and I'd consider repurchasing in the future!

on 11/14/2014 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not sure exactly why I like this product as much as I do. It's not a miracle worker or anything, but it just seems to give me a nicer experience than other comparable products and it always fits the bill. I have very dry, very sensitive eczema-prone skin and that also means that moisturizing sometimes physically hurts - unless I use oil as a first layer. I put a few drops of this oil underneath my normal facial moisturizer and it sinks in right away, and I feel soothed and protected. Then I apply cream and/or makeup on top. I've tried putting other, plain oils on my face but I've never liked the feel of it, even though I love coconut oil for my body and always have a giant jar of it around - on my face it just feels like it's sitting on top of my skin and producing a weird texture. This is silkier to use on your face, and the smell is very, very mild and pleasant. It's a little pricey, but the bottle lasts a really long time and it's more affordable than a lot of other high end facial oils, and also more versatile. I just bought my second bottle because I noticed my first getting low and I don't want to find myself without it during the winter!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Just started using this. I have rosacea with hormonal acne issues with combination skin. I only used it on my forehead so far as I'm scared to use it on my super sensitive cheeks. Will update when I get the courage.
update (8/26) used two drops on my cheeks this morning because I'm really dry today
Update (9/4) cyst on my cheek! Not using again!!!!! Ouch

on 3/9/2014 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This winter has taken a toll on my skin, giving me an awful dermatitis (visit to dermatologist for a script required). Bought this soothing almond oil after reading reviews. Here's my experience.
Alone, it didn't fix the dermatitis (but was worth the try).
With the script medication, it definitely soothes. I like to add a few drops to my beloved Nivea cream, mix them together, and presto! super-rich night cream. Because the script is an ointment, I can use this oil alone as daytime moisture under Bioderm Photoderm SPF50.
I can see using this product in the future, either alone for light facial moisture, or with Nivea for a rich night cream.
I love the packaging: blue glass for light protection, and a special cap that allows drops to shake out. About $24 full price; I found it on sale somewhere for about $17.
Verdict: If you have dry skin, give this a try, either alone or under a moisturizer. You use just a few drops, so it's cost-effective. Has no discernable scent.

on 10/12/2013 3:43:00 PM

This really calms my skin!! I've been using this over a week morning and evening. My skin is very sensitive and reactive. This works for all skin types. Make sure to moisten skin before you apply. A nice product! I recommend this to everyone and give it a try.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I really LOVE this product!
I apply it after washing my face while my face is still damp, just 6 or 7 drops is all you need and it gives your skin a dewy supple look!
I use it in the morning and again at night and the improvement in my skin is really phenomenal...it is moister, plumper and softer!

on 3/18/2013 3:00:00 AM

Am using this as a night oil before I go to bed I put it onto my damp combo skin. Working much better then many expensive night creams. My skin is hydrated and plumped in the morning and my open pores and blackheads are looking much healthier. Works much better than the granatapple night cream.
Pros
Absorbs well
Softens and the plumps the skin
Reasonable price