Cle de Peau La Crème

3.5

Ingredients: Water, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Triisostearin, Squalane, Behenyl Alcohol, Xylitol, Maltitol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, **Potassium Methoxysalicylate, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearyl Alcohol, Beheneth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol, Potassium Hydroxide, Carbomer, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Trisodium EDTA, Citric Acid, **Retinyl Acetate, Fragrance, Sunflower Seed Oil, BHT, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Serine, Sodium Metaphosphate, Sodium Citrate, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Hexyl Cinnamal, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Geraniol, Sodium Metabisulfite, Limonene, Linalool, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Chaenomeles Sinensis Fruit Extract, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Silk, Pyrola Incarnata Extract, Rasberry Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides (C1 77491), Tocopherol, Rosa Roxburghii Fruit Extract, Uncaria Gambir Extract, Bupleurum Falcatum Root Extract, Zingiber Aromaticus Extract, Hypericum Erectum Extract.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Darn you, samples! While I recently switched from La Prairie eye cream to Clé de Peau, I didn't expect a little sample of this face cream to win me over. Surprise! It won.

I'm literally a die-hard La Prairie girl, so sticker shock is a territory I'm used to. That said, I'm also fairly obsessed with staying young without scary procedures, Botox, or surgery in the future (I'm 41). I have a lengthy skincare regimen with different products for day and night. I added this to my night regimen for a week and I'm a total convert.

My skin is baby soft, fine lines have softened, and I awake with radiant, glowing skin. The downside? The price, for which I deducted a lippie. It shocks even my La Prairie spending self. That said, we only have one face! I'm in love.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I recently went on a trip and this is the only cream I carried with me (a sample of it of course). I didn't have high hopes for it but it really astonished me. It plumped up my skin and gave me a radiance from within. I didn't use foundation or tinted moisturizer at all because my skin looked clear, smooth, and glowy to begin with. Please note that I used this only at night time because of it's richness. I used a tiny amount of this for my whole face and neck and the hydration lasted me 24 hours until i applied it the next night. It was fantastic! The deluxe sample (5ml or 7ml I believe) lasted me nearly 2.5 weeks. Within those 3 weeks I saw significant improvements in my skin texture and health. Obviously, I wanted to purchase the full size now so I called a store that sells CdP skincare and when they told me how much it costs I simply said 'Thank You' and gof off the phone. i really cannot justify paying $600 Cdn (before taxes) for this or any cream. Sorry. Maybe if it was for $300 I would have taken it and that itself is very steep and ludicrous.

I suggest that individuals with sensitive skin avoid this product. I've listed the ingredients so that one may make an informed decision.

Cle de Peau Beaute "La Creme"
Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Triisostearin, Squalane, Behenyl Alcohol, Xylitol, Maltitol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Methoxysalicylate, Ppg-12/Smdi Copolymer, Stearyl Alcohol, Beheneth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol, Potassium Hydroxide, Carbomer, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Trisodium Edta, Citric Acid, Retinyl Acetate, Fragrance (Parfum), Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Bht, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Serine, Sodium Metaphosphate, Sodium Citrate, Iron Oxides (Cl 77492), Hexyl Cinnamal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Geraniol, Sodium Metabisulfite, Limonene, Linalool, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Chaenomeles Sinensis Fruit Extract, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Silk, Pyrola Incarnata Extract, Rubus Suavissimus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides (Cl 77491), Tocopherol, Rosa Roxburghii Fruit Extract, Uncaria Gambir Extract (Uncaria Gambir), Bupleurum Falcatum Root Extract, Zingiber Aromaticus Extract, Hypericum Erectum Extract.

WOW!!!
I've been using samples of this product for just three nights now and I can not believe the difference in my skin! My cheeks are softer, rosier and incredibly clear! I use this in combination with the brightening serum and the foaming cleanser. These products are little miracles in a bottle. The cream can feel a bit heavy, but that's okay as most night creams are. I just wish I could afford to KEEP using this cream. At $525 for a one ounce jar, it is definitely not something I can use regularly.

This product is the most expensive cream that I ever buy. But it's worth every penny. I have been using this creme over 4 years and very impress. My skin use to be very dry, but now it's more smooth. I work 10 hours a day and sleep very late (around 1 pm everyday). I put this la creme before I sleep and in the morning my skin so soft and moist. What I do is I use the toner first, clarifying emulsion, then a little bit of this cream. It last me for 4 months.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Let me tell you the story I have with this La Creme, which I've been using since August of 2010.

I went through a period for about 3-4 weeks of EXTREME stress: it was the birth of grey hair, I lost about 13 pounds and I aged 5 years. My mother and my sister told me I look terrible and I knew I did. My complexion took the hardest hit where I had lost so much weight my skin-skeleton could not keep up. I looked like I had gotten about 4 hours of sleep a day (I think in reality on a good night I got about 5 hours when on average I got about 3-4). Knowing that my skin suffered a hard blow and since I'm on a normal regimen of lactic acid lotion in the mornings and evenings I needed to find a rich cream to revive my skin and to give it as much moisture as it could get.

My mom had Cle De Peau and I started using it during this time of stress. I remember the next morning I was in my car and looked in the rear view mirror and for a minute I did this Snow White thing where I totally admired myself in the mirror because I looked quite good! I didn't attribute my skin that day to that creme, but after using it for the next two days and did the same thing in the mirror, I suddenly realized it was because of the creme. As I raved about the creme, little did I know it costs FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!

But nevertheless, I've accepted the fact that a part of my salary will be devoted to skincare and I need a good creme nonetheless. I don't use it every night for I have very 'normal skin.'

Try a sample and perhaps you'll be blown away. But if it means that purchasing it will make your bank account cry everyday, then just stay away and find something else.

Good luck!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this creme and would buy it if I could afford it. I got to try it using samples given to me when I bought another Cle De Peau cosmetic. I think it is "the creme" for older maturing women. I'm 56 yrs. old and could see an immediate difference while using it. I just used it at night. And believe me, I've tried MANY cremes in my lifetime.... Obagi, LaRosche Posay, Skinceuticals, etc. (my plastic surgery center sells these) and just about all of the department store brands like Lancome, Shiseido, Prescriptives, Clinique, Estee Lauder, MAC, Peter Thomas Roth, Philosophy, etc.... none can compare.

I got the sample of this new version La Creme. I always wish someday i can get a try on it before i really get a jar. Finally i got 2 samples each 3ml. At 1st when i applied it on the face, i felt it was greasy, but the SA told me just go to bed with it. I was wondering will it cause any breakout to me.

The next day what surprised me was i can really feel my skin is firmer, smoother. Even it is oily, but it didn't cause me the breakout. The 2nd night i still put on it and see how the result. Recently my husband said my skin getting better and we assume this La creme maybe help. It also soften my wrinkle. Thanks God i will get a jar soon as i used my points to redeem it. For the price, it is expensive, but at least somewhere cheaper than the La Prairie Platinum Rare. If compare to La Mer, i think i prefer this CdP La Creme texture.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I said I would buy the product again, but that is if I can come up with the cash!! :x I got some samples of the new version when I purchased the concealer. I thought, "are you kidding? Opec called and they want a barrel of oil from me!" and you want me to put this cream on my face? OK...so I gave it a try. I used a tiny amount (about 1/2 a pea). I woke up the next morning loving the feel of my face. And not a zit in site! I love this stuff and so does my skin. I look refreshed and not at all oily. Now if I could figure out how to get some at a great discount, I would have it made......lol

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is very expensive yet really does it job! After using it for a day, already feel that my skin is not as dehydrated as before!! I has some "retinol" thing but did not irritate my skin, which is very nice. As I've trying to use retinol, as it has proven to have really good anti aging effect, yet I got allergic reaction to all those products no matter how mild / stable they claim they are. Will definitely repurchase!!

After reading the review from Eudemun, I went to get the Synergique serum. (Synergique cream is way tooo expensive). The serum is super!!! Really worth a try!! It works wonder for me. After using it for only 2 days, it leaves my skin soft and hydrated and eliminate the use of any other product apart from this serum + a day cream.