3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

12 years ago

I find that this cleanser is a little too oily to use as an actual skin cleanser but i love love love it as a make up remover. I apply it to my skin and leave it for a few minutes to disolve the make up before either splashing it off or removing it with a muslin cloth. I then wash my skin with whatever other natural cleanser I'm using at the time

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair

HairBlond

EyesOther

13 years ago

Great cleanser, doesn't dry out the skin however doesn't deep clean it either. Like the Weleda Almond cleanser I usually have to add a dab of an exfoliant cleanser and use a damp cotton pad for it to totally clean my face. This cleanser seems to work well for me. I would purchase again but only on sale.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0

13 years ago

I love a lot of Weleda's products. In fact, Weleda is just about the only skincare brand I use. Favorites are Skin Food, the Almond skincare line, the Calendula creams and lotions for the kids and the Wildrose creams every now and then (I can't use them every day/night, because then they dry me out!). But this cleanser is another story. At first it smells good, but once on the face the alcoholic vapors are strong enough to make you choke. It takes most makeup off, but it leaves a thick, oily coating on the face that has to be wiped off with a towel or a tissue. Rinsing with water only is not an option. Also, I think this cleanser was the reason I developed loads of clogged pores and whiteheads, something I don't normally experience (I have enough skin issues as it is anyway). I will definitely not buy this again, in fact, the extra bottle I had bought will probably end up in the bin, unopened.

About reviewer (200 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

3.0

13 years ago

I have been using the Iris cleanser, along with a few others (well actually I have 7 cleansers in the bathroom right now *junkie*) for the past couple of months. My skin is combination and I generally prefer gel cleansers, although I have found that recently they are a little drying. Anyway, the Iris cleanser comes in a lovely deep blue glass bottle, and as I am generally quite careful in the shower and have other shower products that live in glass bottles, I'm not too scared of dropping it, but would prefer it to come in a metal tube like the Almond cleanser. It is thinner in consistency than the Wild Rose cleanser so it's far easier to get out of the bottle, but you really don't need much product to cleanse and it is easy to overpour. Lovely fresh scent. It leaves a little bit of a film on my face (but not a greasy one) and it cleanses all makeup, grime etc off quite easily. I apply it with my hands, rmassage my face with it for a bit, then remove it with a face washer. I haven't noticed any breakouts or irritation. I don't know if I like it as much as the Almond cleanser but it is a very nice cleanser. UPDATE: I decided that this was a little too rich for my skin and stopped using it- it also made my nose blackheads stand out more. :/

About reviewer (319 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

13 years ago

This was terrible for me .I wanted to buy some more natural skincare and quite like weleda as a brand plus its easily available in NZ ,i got the iris cleansing lotion and iris toner due to the reviews here .The cleanser IMO doesnt really cleanse the face very well of makeup it just sort of coats it in oil (with cream cleansers i always apply to the face dry then wipe with cotton pads then cleanse again with water ).After 2 days of using it my skin just erupted with lots of whiteheads i stopped using it and it went away so i would only suggest this for someone with normal to dry skin who has no tendancy to blemishes.

About reviewer (234 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2.0

14 years ago

Beleive them when they say this is not for sensitive skin- This gave my skin a burning sensation and made it dry, red and sore. Its unfortunate because I loved the smell and texture. it seems to be full of oils which remain on your face even after you rinse it off? If this feeling is not one you like (i didn't like it) then you would have to use a toner or another cleanser afterwards.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination

14 years ago

I have been using this product for 3yrs. I love it! This product has citrus scent which is very refreshing(even my husband loves it). It removes mascara and makeup easily. And it's natural! This is not sticky or oily and washes clean with mild soap.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

HairBrown

EyesBlack

14 years ago

I have used almost every cleanser available in Dutch drugstores. Almost every cleanser clogged my pores, dried out my skin, gave me a rash and/or acne. I'm not saying this product is a miracle worker (I still do have a zit every now and then) but for now, I'm definately satisfied with the results. I use this along with the Iris lotion and I love the smell of both products. Very fresh and not overwhelming like some chemical products. It has a creamy but fresh texture. You used it on a wet cotton pad, after that give your face a big splash of water. After using, my skin felt thoroughly cleansed but comfortable. No irritation, not sunburn-like color I had with other (chemical) cleanser. It does remove all of my make-up though. In Holland its priced on 6,50 euro's which quite cheap if compared to the results. Beautiful purple glass bottle, looks classy in your bathroom. This product works for every type of skin, Weleda says, but I'd say this is best for normal/combination to oily skin. Big plus: Weleda does not test its product on animals.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily

EyesBlue

14 years ago

I love the smell of this--- fresh! It cleanses well after I use my facial cleansing make-up cloths I slather this on and let it set a minute. You can wipe it off or rinse it! Very soft fresh face afterwards! Thanks Weleda!

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

3.0

15 years ago

This is a great creamy cleanser, it left my skin feeling very soft, but is no good for removing eye make up. I really was not a fan of the scent, it was too strong for me.

About reviewer (263 reviews)

Age25-29