Clarins Huile Tonic - Body Treatment Oil

Clarins Huile Tonic - Body Treatment Oil
Clarins Tonic Body Treatment Oil

4.1

Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My mother is law swears by it. It's the single product that helps her legs stay in shape when she takes transcontinental flights. She buys is it for ages and will rate it 5++, but unfortunately it's not my case.
- for me the smell is awful, but it's a very personal matter
- my skin can't absorb it (it stays on top even if I try to massage it for 5 minutes)
- it doesn't hydrate much and it can't prevent swelling since it doesn't penetrate

on 7/28/2016 8:13:00 AM

This oil smells heavenly (the kind of spa treatment type of smell) but this is as much as the positive goes. It is not cheap and as it more on the dry oil side it doesn't slide on the skin so you need a good amount of it to apply throughout. Problem is...at £40 a bottle is not exactly cost effective. I had to limit it to my arms as seemed too much of a luxury to apply this throughout. I haven't noticed any difference on my skin, I definitely didn't expect the 'toning' claim, when it comes to oils I learnt this is just marketing hype, but in terms of hydration doesn't do much. Unless as mentioned before you use a good amount of it. Doesn't worth the price. Baby oil does the job 100 times better and at a fraction of the price.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm currently expecting my second baby and I would not be without this! I read somewhere that its liquid gold in a bottle and its exactly that. Currently I am 28 weeks pregnant and (so far, fingers crossed) I haven't one stretch mark! I use it in the shower in the morning, rub it on and rinse it off a minute later, it soothes my skin, and stops the awful itching that normally comes with an expanding middle! It is extremely pricey, but a little really does go a long way, I normally buy the expectant mother pack off Clarin's website, I get the firming cream as well for the same price as the oil on its own. I also use Bio oil at night before I go to bed. I know a lot of people say stretch marks are in the genes but if your anything like me and would rather not find out, then this is the stuff for you. I would sell my husband before i'm without this. Buy it, well worth it!

on 1/7/2015 8:57:00 AM

I absolutely love this body oil! I'm never without it.

First of all it smells amazing! It has essential oils of mint, geranium and rosemary which gives the oil a lovely relaxing/herbal scent. The oil does take a while to absorb but that doesn't bother me as my skin gets really dry so I favour anything that feels rich and moisturizing.

The Clarins body oils are the best I have tried. I love this because it leaves my skin super soft and supple. I'll either use it alone or mix it in with a body cream. If you have dry skin you absolutely must try this as nothing else leaves my skin feeling as silky smooth as this!

I'm not really sure about the 'firming' and 'toning' effects of the oil but I have heard it's amazing to use during pregnancy as it prevents stretch marks.

I'm not sure it works so good :(

on 12/31/2015 2:34:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I really like the oil, my dry elbows drink it up, however the bottle would be better with a pump top, to give better control on volume dispensed and avoid exposing the product still in the bottle to the air when using it.
I am using a 30ml sample size that was in a Christmas gift bag, I assume that the full size on has a similar screw top.

It's good, but I suspect I'll revert to my usual REN Moroccan Rose Oil - slightly cheaper and better bottle

on 3/9/2014 10:42:00 AM

Here are the ingredients from the Clarins website:

I prefer to replace the cap with a dropper cap.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got a free sample when my Ma went on a makeup binge. I use a drop of it under my eyes every night and along fine lines. It absorbs well (I add Ponds Clarant on top of it). I mainly like the scent..it is funny that it is rosemary (would not have known, even though I work with essential oils all the time)--because rosemary oil + grapeseed oil is what I put on when I have a headache. So I could probably make this for a fraction of the cost.

Disclaimer: I am not really into department store makeup or products.

on 4/23/2014 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product stinks, makes your hands greasy and is expensive- so why give it a perfect rating? I used it during pregnancy and absolutely loved it. I tried cocoa butter, other products and Clarins stretch mark cream, but they all left my skin feeling tight and stretched. I massaged this oil in day and night and it made things so much more comfortable. There is some concern about safety of herbal ingredients, but I learned of it after pregnancy. My baby has absolutely no issues and I'm not sure how significant topical application is. My doctor didn't have concerns, although you may want to ask. Yes, stretch marks are mainly genetic and creams/oils apparently don't help much. But I did feel a major difference in how comfortable my stretched skin was and feel it helped. Not a single stretch mark and I didn't get the typical itchiness, especially at the end. If my doctor still approves and Motherisk clears topical application, I will certainly use this again. It does smell and stick to hands, so I used gloves to apply.

on 1/28/2014 9:11:00 PM

This body oil is waaaaayyy overpriced. It moisturizes well and all, but it smells too herbal for my taste. The packaging looks fancy, but it is not particularly well designed for distributing oil on the skin. This is a very average product.

Popular Body Skincare Products