Clarins Huile Tonic - Body Treatment Oil

Clarins Huile Tonic - Body Treatment Oil
Clarins Tonic Body Treatment Oil

4.1

Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate.

on 2/9/2018 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

One of my favourite body oils for years. I buy a bottle every year in spring to support my gym routine and keep my legs in shape.
I absolutely love the very refeshing minty-rosemary scent of this. The scent really cheers me up and feels very invigorating. What I especially like is that is a completely natural mixture of high quality hazelnut oil and a very delicate mixture of essential oils. I don't know why some people see this as a disadvantage and rate the oil down. Most good natural body oils are exactly that, a mixture of high quality base oil(s) and essential oils, what else is supposed to be in them? . It's totally up to you if you want to spend 40 bucks on it of course but that alone is no justification to rate this with one lippie in my opinion.

This oil, like any other for any other price, does not work wonders and if you don't have a healthy lifestyle and diet and reguarly exercise, no oil in the world will give you a fit and toned body. But if you do these things, healthy diet and moderate sport, it can wonderfully support your connective tissue plus it has a heavenly refreshing scent and smoothens the skin wonderfully.
One bottle, only used on my legs up to the belly region lasts me for about 6 weeks, so it's like a spring special treatment for me to get fit for the summer months. If you are looking for a really refreshing, invigorating body oil that supports circulation and has aromatherapeutic qualities, I'd highly recommend this.

on 1/1/2018 4:00:00 AM

A magazine sample....

Here's the ingredients of this product:
Hazelnut Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Rosewood Wood Oil, Mint Leaf Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate

The fragrance ingredients consist of:
Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Rosewood Wood Oil, Mint Leaf Oil (+ potentially allergenic components of essential oils that must legally be listed on product labels as per EU legislation, including: Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate)

So this product is essentially hazelnut oil + fragrance (in the form of essential oils).

Ulta is selling this at US $64 for 3.4oz (~100ml). At a local cosmetics DIY store, I can purchase ONE LITRE (35oz) of hazelnut oil for the equivalent of US $20.

Soooooooo if you're all the other reviewers below saying "oh this product is too expensive" or "oh this product smells bad".........then do I have a very inexpensive and nice-smelling solution for you.

Buy a small amount of 100% pure hazelnut oil from your local DIY store, less than 500ml is good (as it will have a use-by date of ~1 year). Add a few drops of your favourite essential oil to it (maybe 10-15 drops per 100ml/3.5oz). That's it! Done! (But perhaps avoid the photosensitising varieties of essential oil.)

Hope this helps - never forget to read product ingredients so that you can laugh wherever you see a magazine editor talking up a so-called 'cult' product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My mother is law swears by it. It's the single product that helps her legs stay in shape when she takes transcontinental flights. She buys is it for ages and will rate it 5++, but unfortunately it's not my case.
- for me the smell is awful, but it's a very personal matter
- my skin can't absorb it (it stays on top even if I try to massage it for 5 minutes)
- it doesn't hydrate much and it can't prevent swelling since it doesn't penetrate

on 7/28/2016 8:13:00 AM

This oil smells heavenly (the kind of spa treatment type of smell) but this is as much as the positive goes. It is not cheap and as it more on the dry oil side it doesn't slide on the skin so you need a good amount of it to apply throughout. Problem is...at £40 a bottle is not exactly cost effective. I had to limit it to my arms as seemed too much of a luxury to apply this throughout. I haven't noticed any difference on my skin, I definitely didn't expect the 'toning' claim, when it comes to oils I learnt this is just marketing hype, but in terms of hydration doesn't do much. Unless as mentioned before you use a good amount of it. Doesn't worth the price. Baby oil does the job 100 times better and at a fraction of the price.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm currently expecting my second baby and I would not be without this! I read somewhere that its liquid gold in a bottle and its exactly that. Currently I am 28 weeks pregnant and (so far, fingers crossed) I haven't one stretch mark! I use it in the shower in the morning, rub it on and rinse it off a minute later, it soothes my skin, and stops the awful itching that normally comes with an expanding middle! It is extremely pricey, but a little really does go a long way, I normally buy the expectant mother pack off Clarin's website, I get the firming cream as well for the same price as the oil on its own. I also use Bio oil at night before I go to bed. I know a lot of people say stretch marks are in the genes but if your anything like me and would rather not find out, then this is the stuff for you. I would sell my husband before i'm without this. Buy it, well worth it!

on 12/31/2015 2:34:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I really like the oil, my dry elbows drink it up, however the bottle would be better with a pump top, to give better control on volume dispensed and avoid exposing the product still in the bottle to the air when using it.
I am using a 30ml sample size that was in a Christmas gift bag, I assume that the full size on has a similar screw top.

It's good, but I suspect I'll revert to my usual REN Moroccan Rose Oil - slightly cheaper and better bottle

on 1/7/2015 8:57:00 AM

I absolutely love this body oil! I'm never without it.

First of all it smells amazing! It has essential oils of mint, geranium and rosemary which gives the oil a lovely relaxing/herbal scent. The oil does take a while to absorb but that doesn't bother me as my skin gets really dry so I favour anything that feels rich and moisturizing.

The Clarins body oils are the best I have tried. I love this because it leaves my skin super soft and supple. I'll either use it alone or mix it in with a body cream. If you have dry skin you absolutely must try this as nothing else leaves my skin feeling as silky smooth as this!

I'm not really sure about the 'firming' and 'toning' effects of the oil but I have heard it's amazing to use during pregnancy as it prevents stretch marks.

I'm not sure it works so good :(

on 4/23/2014 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product stinks, makes your hands greasy and is expensive- so why give it a perfect rating? I used it during pregnancy and absolutely loved it. I tried cocoa butter, other products and Clarins stretch mark cream, but they all left my skin feeling tight and stretched. I massaged this oil in day and night and it made things so much more comfortable. There is some concern about safety of herbal ingredients, but I learned of it after pregnancy. My baby has absolutely no issues and I'm not sure how significant topical application is. My doctor didn't have concerns, although you may want to ask. Yes, stretch marks are mainly genetic and creams/oils apparently don't help much. But I did feel a major difference in how comfortable my stretched skin was and feel it helped. Not a single stretch mark and I didn't get the typical itchiness, especially at the end. If my doctor still approves and Motherisk clears topical application, I will certainly use this again. It does smell and stick to hands, so I used gloves to apply.

on 3/9/2014 10:42:00 AM

Here are the ingredients from the Clarins website:

I prefer to replace the cap with a dropper cap.

Popular Body Skincare Products