Fancl Washing Foam

No Image

3.5

on 4/27/2012 10:01:00 AM

I bought this after having fantastic results with the Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil.

(My skin is oily-combination on the outside but dry underneath, acne-prone)

The Fancl Washing Foam is a facial cleanser that comes in the form of a washing powder. It's in a plastic bottle with a flip-cap, and the instructions indicate that one should use around a half to 1 teaspoon of the powder over the centre of a wet foaming ball (something that they give with purchase), and squeeze/release the ball until dense, thick foam is generated.

While the foam felt luxurious to the touch and made cleansing a joy - it was a tedious process and definitely not something that I was looking forward to after a tiring day.

A week of using this product and the difference was obvious - my skin had this glow and it was soft like a baby's buttock. My skin did not feel 'tight' or stripped of its moisture after washing, but instead soft and smooth, as though there was a layer of baby powder over it. It is extremely gentle, and did not aggravate my acne.

However, the foaming ball was hard to keep clean - it would keep moisture and after a while, became stained and dirty (not really a problem I have to say though, if you go to the FANCL counters and ask the SA for another one, they will give it to you FOC), and residue of powder would coagulate around the bottle cap. Fancl's "no preservatives" policy also meant a short shelf life to the product, and more often than not I find that I am unable to finish it despite using it twice a day. As the cost is relatively expensive, I found this to be straining on the pocket after a while, especially since I am unable to finish it before the expiry date - which is rather wasteful.

on 4/22/2003 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is too mild indeed. I think it does not have good cleansing power. Just like I haven't clean my face at all.

Popular Face Skincare Products