Revlon Timeliner for Lips in Dusty Rose

Revlon Timeliner for Lips in Dusty Rose

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a great little product - one of the unsung heroes of my makeup arsenal. I don't often use lipliners anymore, as I've migrated toward stains in the past couple of years. But when I do, this is the only one I'll use. The color is indeed a deep rosy pink, with a hint of plum. It goes with almost all of my lipsticks, and it really helps the color last much longer. On its own with a bit of gloss, this is a perfect MLBB. I love that you can get this anywhere, and at full price it's only around $5. There are always sales and coupons that make it even cheaper. The only negatives with this are that I feel like I go through it quickly (I sharpen it almost every time I use it) and the formula is VERY dry, therefore the pencil tugs and drags during application. It's a tradeoff - the dry formula is uncomfortable to apply yet that hard waxiness is the reason this liner lasts so much longer than creamier formulas. This could work on a range of skintones - I highly recommend it for NW/NC10-25 if you like a natural, rosy MLBB look.

on 6/3/2010 10:19:00 PM

This is a rosy neutral lipliner that is creamy and gorgeous! I use this all over my lips as well as a liner, I use it over a balm if Im using it all over my lips as with most liners, it feels quite dry if I dont. It gives my lips a slight flush of colour and is such a pretty shade against my olive skin, I use MAC lipglass in Cherry Blossom over and my lips look stunning, PERFECT when I'm going for a smoky eye or even when Im doing an au natural look. Very versatile. I find it lasts for a good 4-6 hours, even after a meal and some wine, so its really good value for money. Will buy again and again!

on 7/28/2009 1:38:00 PM

By far the best lip liner I've ever owned, especially for the price. This color literally goes with just about any shade of lipstick/gloss there is. It applies smooth and lasts for quite a while. I think it may be discontinued, though :(

on 12/13/2007 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love this lipliner! This shade matches nearly all of my lipsticks and stays on well. I was surprised to get such a good lipliner for the price. I will definitely buy again.

on 4/8/2006 9:29:00 PM

This is a great lipliner. Color is perfect, cause since it pink (rose, in fact :)) it dont dull l/g and l/s, as brownish nudes can do. Staying power is great, suprisingly good for revlon. Colorstay line is def not super glamourous, but it seems to do the job correctly. Great !

Another beautiful lip liner by Revlon close but not exactly like Lancome "Fresco".This lip liner is a medium tone rose,creamy but not greasy.It is a little darker than my natural lipcolor but beautiful nonetheless.For example it goes great with Plum Wet lipstick by Revlon or you can use it to make Blushing Nude by Clinique rosier.A very flattering shade,very long-lasting.One of my favourite!
I am very fair, neutral to cool,ash blond hair and green eyes.

on 9/24/2004 3:12:00 PM

This product kept breaking off. I spent more time with my pencil sharpener than actually lining my lips.
Plus the liner wore off before I even blotted but that could be the fact the color matched my natural lips.
Everytime I sharpened, I felt like I just wasted my money. I won't buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The consistency of this lipliner leaves something to be desired. I have used the liner five times, and it has broken twice. The liner is way too soft. I'll admit that I might not have as steady a hand as other more experienced lipliner users, but I have used MAC lipliners in the past, and find them to easier to use and of much better quality than this brand. Furthermore, this lipliner cost me $8, which isn't much less than the MAC liners.

I'll admit, I did like the Dusty Rose color. I would not repurchase, but a person better experienced might be able to use it without having it fall apart.

on 6/27/2003 3:20:00 PM

I think a few months a go there was a Drug Emporium going out of business, so I got this for about 20 cents! I love this lipliner, it matches my lips perfectly, with just enough pink in it to wake up my lips. Sometimes I even fill my lips with this and then put some clear gloss over it. Its great, and has lasted me a long time.

on 5/16/2003 11:29:00 PM

A beautiful lip liner I found on my trip to ulta III. "Dusty rose" is a fleshtone pink, not at all chalky or pale, but rather it makes my lips look pinker (not in a scary or bright way). I've tried it on with Lancome's dreamsicle JT/MAC's petulant pink lipstain/ and MAC's nymphette on top (separately of course) and it looks natural and pretty. The l/l is also smooth and easily blendable. I'm definately going to consider purchasing more of these Revlon timeliner lipliners!

Popular Lip Liners