no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

11 years ago

My honey bought this for me and I love it!!! It holds most of my MU but I will admit I have a supplemental case for my other stuff.. Its very sturdy, but unfortunately quite heavy. And it opens up like escalator style, as opposed to red-sea style. LOL. I think part of the reason I like it so much is we got it for $130 with the shipping....its usually $230

About reviewer (158 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

11 years ago

Ok so I needed a train case and I looked around and finally decided on the mac one as Im a mac addict and also it was the best quailty one!! I picked mine up for 160 dollars on ebay it was second hand but in amazing condition!!! I dont know if I would have bought it full price...I have had it a few months now and it is my baby..I love it...fits all my make up perfectly with room for some new items.;)!! It is heavy...but its really durable and protects all my precious make up :)!! I would buy it again but dont see why I would need to! This thing looks like it will last me for life!!! I have pics in my profile of the train case!!

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

3.0

11 years ago

I have had this train case now for about a year. Prior to this, I had stored things in a larger one compartment case with smaller containers inside. This case just isn't large enough for my collection. I don't even really have all that much. Maybe 20 lipsticks, 20 shadows and a couple pallets. Everything I have in there is stacked on top of each other and it's surely not enough space. I also tend to put make up on while sitting on the bed. This case is a bad idea for bed make up applier girls. The way it opens up and wayyy out makes it very hard to get anything out of it when I'm using it. Like my lipstick tray is about 2 feet from the bottom tray. Also, it is tippy. I have always considered MAC the best for everything, but to me this just isn't the best nor worth the price. On the good side, it has a nice comfortable strap and is very sturdy and has two great latches for extra security and a lock and key as well for even more security. I don't know what the answer is for a train case at this point but I don't think this one is it. I'd rather have one that opens up on both sides, not fan up and out like this. I'm going to be searching for something else. Save your money and look for something nicer.

About reviewer (136 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

13 years ago

I use this train case to store my makeup and use my smaller ones for traveling. This case has a lock, shoulder strap, and is very sturdy so it is good for traveling as well if one needs to transport many products. It is large enough for my personal use, but it would be way too small for a freelance MA. Also, others have complained that it tips over easily. A solution to that problem is to put the heavier items on the bottom. I got mine for $90 including tax and shipping – I was reluctant to pay full retail ($225 + tax). I really like it though, especially for the price I paid!

About reviewer (146 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

13 years ago

wow i can't believe this has such bad reviews.. i happen to really love this traincase. i've had many traincases before and nothing compares to this one, true it does tip to one side but how can that be prevented..

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinDry

14 years ago

haha I can totally relate to some of the bad reviews but did you know that the traincase is fireproof? Yeap. When I told my brother he said, "so what? everything inside will melt." Good point. :) Other than this is fire proof, it has TWO latches which is great for someone like me who is paranoid that I will pick up my train case and everything will spill out shattering all my MAC e/s. It IS heavy, but I imagine that it is also super durable and can withstand the beatings I will probably put it through. :P The strap is really nice too. High quality and sturdy enough to hold the case. :) I was able to fit all the makeup I needed. It's big enough to hold what I want, but not so big that I can fit EVERYTHING. If I could fit everything, I think that would be impractical and kind of silly. I really really like it! My mom got it for me when we went to the Pro Store last Sunday for a makeover. :) She was the one who suggested it so I was like, "wow! okay!!" haha :) It was way neat. But back to the traincase! I really really like it. It is expensive so I wouldn't say it's a "must-have", but it really is good. I think you get what you pay for. The inside is lined with some kind of easily wipeable/cleanable faux leather. Super durable. :)

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesOther

from

15 years ago

I love my MAC train case!! It's heavy but very sturdy. The shelves do tend to tip over if you put too much but it does fit a lof my makeup stuff. I bought it as a birthday present to me in 2000. I was very fortunate that I got it for half the retail price which was the best present ever!!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age

SkinVery Oily, Medium

HairOther

2.0

15 years ago

I was sucked into MAC too, as another reviewer put it. Tips over. Poor design. Otherwise, its sturdy and the materials hold up. But not anywhere worth the price.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

1.0

16 years ago

I put off writing this review for a long time, trying to convince myself that this was a good buy, but it's time to be brutally honest; this case stinks. I suspect that I was sucked into the MAC vortex, and thought that since most of their products are great, that naturally this case would be the mother of all cases. But sadly, it's not so. Prior to the purchase of said case, I had been housing my makeup in a pink Caboodles and felt it was time to move it into something more roomy. Imagine my surprise when I get my super fancy, super elite and super expensive MAC case home and transfer my stuff out of the Caboodles and into the MAC. It just fit. There was not, as I expected to find, tons of extra room. My stuff was just spread out more. Then it started. I discovered that the case, while sturdy on the outside is somewhat fragile and flimsy on the inside. The largest compartment is the bottom which you would think could fit taller items with ease. Not so, I had more room in the bottom compartment of my Caboodles. The trays telescope out, which looks really nifty, but they have tendency to make the case tip if you extend them out too far, no matter what you put in them. I've organized the blasted thing over and over again, and I think that I could put feathers in the trays and it would still make the case tip over, it's just the way the case is constructed. The trays are also held in place by hope and a prayer when extended, because heaven forbid, when you touch the edges, it can cause the whole thing to collapse into itself, ultimately crushing your fingers. Not to mention that when full this case is heavy. I'm not sure what the strap is for, but I can tell you right now, I certainly would not want to risk a hernia by slinging the thing over my shoulder. It's also looks much bigger than it really is, most of my stuff is stacked one on top of the other, and is still slightly cramped and crowded. I've given it some points because it is pretty to look at, but with it's functionality hovering somewhere near zero, it's very very hard for me to recommend this. EDIT: as a further testament to the horribleness of this case, the trim around the edges of the trays is now lifting off. I never knew there was a trim, that is, until it snapped off in my hand two days ago. 04/02/09

About reviewer (269 reviews)

SkinNormal, Other

EyesHazel

2.0
from

17 years ago

I buy the MAC train case last June and I'm not happy as it should be for 250$. There are 3 big problems with this case... 1. No compartiment. 2. It doesn't hold a lot of stuff. 3. And is a bit heavy to transport. The finition is OK, but I regret this buy.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm