Clinique High Impact Eyeshadow in Foxy

4.4

This is so perfect for everyday use. Its not so strong, so it looks natural and can be used under glasses whithout looking weird too. It is a little bit of shimmer, but it almost dont show when on the lid. I pair it up with clinique 319 daybreak!

on 10/10/2012 11:04:00 AM

This is now a Color Surge shadow and Foxy is listed on MUA under that as well, so I will review in both places. I have been out there searching for a go-to everyday color for my lids and it has been right under my nose the whole time! (No thanks Bobbi Brown!! Her light shimmers are WAY too shimmery.) I rec'd. Foxy in a GWP a long time ago....have used it and knew that I liked it but sort of forgot about it until I was on the hunt for an everyday color that I didn't have to think about. This is it! It is a gorgeous taupey-brown with, as the name implies, a very soft, subtle, perfect amount of shimmer. I hate anything that looks too shimmery and frosty. This provides a beautiful and very wearable, go-with-everything sweep of color. It has great staying power and lasts all day but that could be because of UD primer potion which I use underneath. I also love that it is a bit more solid and not so powdery that I have to blow on the brush before applying if I don't want to end up with eyeshadow dust all over my cheeks. (Again, no thanks BB!) Great color. Great shadow.

To Read all 72 Reviews, Login or Join

I absolutely love this shadow. I use it almost everyday whether by itself or mixed with darker colors for a smokier look. The color is gorgeous! Very pigmented with a tiny bit of shimmer that works really well with my fair skin.

on 10/18/2010 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I got this colour a few years ago as part of a gift pack when I brought their skincare. Although their skincare was rubbish to me, I loved this eyeshadow.
One of my favourite colour ever, as much as I like to buy and try other eyeshadow, I always find myself reachig out to this shade over and over again.
Such a beautiful light taupe colour, and too me it is such a safe colour to wear as well. For days when I'm in a hurry just one swipe of this all over my lid would still make my eyes pop, and on a big night I can blend this with other colours to get a more vibrant look.
This is like what other say, very blendable and durable. the colour doesn't fall or drop and the shimmer doesn't overpower the colour.

on 8/29/2010 10:25:00 PM

This shadow is so, so gorgeous. It doesn't look that pretty in the pan, but on my lids, it is a beautiful subtly shimmery, light to medium taupe color. It's well-pigmented, blends beautifully, and is great as both a lid color and a crease color. I will definitely buy this again when I run out.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS its my favorite eyshadow ever..i wear it everyday all over my lid and brow bone its really defines my eyes. It looks really natural though which is great for everday and it is also good for smokey eyes.

My HG of eyeshadows. I have bought this eyeshadow repeatedly when Clinique Bonus days are on. I love it. It's the perfect soft, sexy, smokey, grayish brown with slight shimmer..not over the top but pretty and creates a soft, natural enhancement that flatters my green/gray/bluish eyes. It wears well, especially if you layer over the Quick Eyes cream shadow, all day to say the least. I just love that you can add this eye shadow to any colour scheme. If you have a bright coloured eyeshadow and need to tone it down...it works. It works by itself. I love it...am never dissappointed and reach for it everyday! Will buy again and again and again.

on 7/23/2010 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I had high hopes for Foxy since I've heard raves about it. It's a nice taupe in the pan but on me it takes on a weird reddish tinge. I always used an e/s primer (TFSI) but no matter what other shadows I try to pair it with it still looks awful. I generally like Clinique makeup products but their eyeshadows, which the exception of the cream shadows, are disappointing. They aren't soft & creamy like other brands and I feel like I have to dig with my brush to get enough packed on it. Sort of a PITA. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Ok, I will preface this review by saying that I am SA/MUA for Clinique and get most of my product for free (gratis). I ordered this because it's TAUPE! A very lovely silvery brown taupe that works really well. For $14 you get a generous amount of product (if you buy it) and it has a good level of shimmer but not OTT. But, in playing around with it, with other Clinique Shadows I hit on the perfect combination. This is FABULOUS paired with Clinique Daybreak. I don't know how it works but Daybreak just compliments Foxy like no other shadow in the line. I dust a bit over it and it just makes it pop. I have literally had customers ask me what I have on and when I tell them, I sell it to them immediately. Trust me on this, it's a really great combination and for $28 USD you get two lovely shadows to use in combination or alone.

on 10/4/2009 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Good balance of shimmer and pigment. Applies very smoothly. I LOVE Clinique eyeshadows, and I have friends who say that clinique is the only brand of eye makeup that does not irritate their skin.