no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

1 month ago

This is an amazing fragrance on me! I couldn’t disagree more with the negative reviews. It’s hardly hippie or sour or “grandparent-ish”. Perhaps it just doesn’t work for some people’s body chemistry. On me, it’s lovely. It’s strong at first spray, but dies down quickly into a warm, sensual, inviting fragrance. It smells like a warm amber, offset with some sweetness of vanilla. The patchouli …Read more

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Olive

HairBrunette

2.0

Mar/16/2010

Funky, rough opening, animalic & cardboardy w nutty tinge. Smooths out in a few, has slight leather, is like a softer version of Amber Sultan. Becomes straight up amber, good sillage, soft & cozy for a while but still w a lil skank. I'm liking Eden Botanicals amber better.

0 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (143 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

Jul/01/2006

A blend of ambre and patchouly that smells synthetic and somewhat sour.

0 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age36-43

fromrljp

Apr/18/2006

Can you say...circa 1969, some hippie chick wearing birk sandals and is dripping with patchouli! well, it's tooooooo strong! It's overpowering and smells like it belongs in 1969! Stay away from this perfume I beg you!

0 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (287 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

Mar/29/2006

I like lots of fragrances with dominant amber notes, so I was not expecting this outcome at all. At first this smells really masculine to me: strong wood plus whatever other notes add up to thoughts like "Old Spice" and "Grandpa?" I think it's a bit leathery smelling which is a huge turnoff since I run gagging from stores full of chemically scented cowhide bits--my own …Read more

1 of 3 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (259 reviews)

EyesGreen

Jul/01/2005

I was hoping to be more wow'd by this one. I do like it after the dry down, there's a powdery note I like, yet there some odd smelling lurking in the backround that makes this amber more masculine than feminine. I definitely preffer Ambre Narguile or Ambre del Napal over this one.

0 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (411 reviews)

SkinCombination

Jun/29/2005

<i>Top Notes: Lemon Oil and Bergamot; Middle Notes: Geranium, Jasmine and Vanilla; Base Notes: Golden Amber, Cedar and Patchouli
</i><p>You could fool me with these notes, all I smell is a truly gorgeous amber which is heavy on the talcum powder notes which I love (maybe the tiniest dab of patchouli)! It is super soft and warm and delicious. Perfect for snuggling or bedtime.

4 of 4 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (772 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

HairBlond

EyesBlue

Dec/20/2004

A nice, strong, straightforward amber, but just a little too powdery for my tastes. This is nice, but I think Etro's Ambre is actually just a notch superior in the straight amber department. When the rare craving for an amber scent hits me (not exactly the biggest amber aficionado here, but it happens sometimes) I think I'd much rather reach for that.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (848 reviews)

Age19-24

HairBlack

Sep/05/2003

This is Chantilly! Well, to my nose Ambre is very similar to the drugstore favorite. It's quite nice, a powdery-warm old-fashioned classic-type scent. However, I don't feel like this type of smell usually (and for me it seems pretty heavy for casualwear), and for the price, why not just buy Chantilly for less than $10?

1 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (180 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

fromMikeD

Apr/20/2003

Calypso's latest fragrance,'Ambre,' is most definitely a hit! I bought this eau de toilette based on the description alone ( I know, it's not a good idea ) and I must say I was not disappointed in the least. Having lived through a near-death experience with MPG'S Ambre Precieux, I was sceptical about ANY amber fragrance. This is truly the first one of it's kind …Read more

3 of 3 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age44-55