Wet 'n' Wild Mega Liner Liquid Eyeliner

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Liner Liquid Eyeliner
WnW megaliners swatches, mega linersMega Liner Liquid Eyeliner

4.1

I purchased this product in dark brown for many, many years as it was my favorite daily liquid liner. I loved that it stayed put, was matte and highly pigmented, and it was easy to get a crisp cat eye every time. This time, I put it on only to immediately have my eyes swell up, itching and burning. I washed it off and my eyes are still red and burning hours later. I have never had sensitive eyes before. Now I see on the packaging that changed the formula. They also changed the tip from a flexible brush to a cruddy foam tip applicator. This is going in the trash and I will no longer recommend it. Stay away!

This used to be my favorite liquid liner, but with the recent label change they swapped the fine point brush for a fine foam tip brush...i hate it. I will no longer buy this product simply because the foam brush sucks. It's probably the same brush the waterproof liners have always had.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

this product is just so-so. It's either that I suck at applying eyeliner or that this eyeliner is kind of all over the place. It does smudge though. I bought mine in blue.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Trim With Lace (matte white) & Electric Purple (sparkly purple). Neat colors! I wouldn't buy in black or brown coz I prefer waterproof liquid liners. It's easy enough to find...Although my biggest beef with these is that they aren't waterproof (& I don't see white or purple offerings in the H2OProof liquid liners), I got them for cheap! The white 1 was $0.99!! I think it's being D.C. I like the white w black eyeliner I do a stripe of black & then white (ca 1998), so I may be persuaded to buy a waterproof white liquid liner: I wasn't sure how I'd like the look so I didn't want to spend a heap. I used it w KatvonD black liner Ink trooper pen for a very precise line. White can also be used on the lower lash line (not waterline). I love wnw & they are cruelty free! Yay my price range too ya don't have to blow ur entire budget on ur MU. I'd deffo rebuy in the H2OProof version but "maybe" rebuy just wish was waterproof. . . ... 1 lippie off for being non WP but it stays on good for not being WP fr.

on 11/27/2016 10:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Shhhh. I borrowed this from my teenager without asking because I couldn't find my eyeliner pen. I've never used a dip liquid eyeliner and...I LIKE it! It's so easy to work down into the lash line and to build the line as you go (I'm newish at eyeliner and...I'm not so good at it).

My first winged eye with this didn't look great...but it didn't look horrid either. I'm willing to buy my own and keep trying.

Best thing? I have oily lids and hooded eyes and there was no transferring and it wore like a beast. Like a beast, I tell ya! I rubbed it as a test and it did fade and smudge but didn't disappear. When I lay down with my kids at night and my eyes watered my wing did run like mad...but it's not waterproof, right?

So, I like it a lot. I'd buy it and keep practicing for sure.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not waterproof: runs like an Olympic marathon sprinter whenever there is the slightest persperation, or if you put eye drops in for your contacts. I have sjogrens, so I make less tears than normal and yet this stuff still runs. DEAL BREAKER

on 9/16/2016 12:38:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

My favorite eyeliner, hands down! It's so pigmented, and the brush definitely makes it easy to get a thin or thick line, whichever you prefer. It's so easy to apply eyeliner with this product, even if you're a beginner. This was my first eyeliner, I've tried gel and liquid, but I can't stand gel eyeliners, and this one has been my savior. Highly recommended!

on 9/14/2016 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm seriously happily impressed with this product.
I already own my HG eyeliner, Milani's Eyetech extreme, but it's difficult to get it in Italy as the only seller used to be Amazon but it hasn't been replenished in almost 6 months so my hopes are lost. I could buy it from abroad but then the price levitates too much for being a drugstore cosmetic. So, as I'm afraid it will dry sometime soon (it never happened, but you never know), I had to find a reliable replacement always avaiable in town.
I have to say the Black was hard to track down as in my trusted drugstore Wnw's shelf is rarely replenished so there was just Dark brown, but black is my to go colour so the search brought me in a small terrible place...but at least they sold it!
Let me say that I'm scared of brush eyeliners. I've been trying for years but that extremely flexible yet messy tiny brush has been a nightmare forever. So, when the pen eyeliners came in fashion, I found the ultimate solution! And when I found Milani, the search was over. My hands are not very firm when it comes to precision, so the pen helped me creating flawless cat eyes with no effort and deep pigmentation. So, the fact Megaliner came with a brush, scared me at first, but I told myself that for 3 euros I could figure it out - or at least, toss it. Well I'm not sure if I'm improved or if the product is good, but now I can wait for Milani's amazon replenishment without checking every day! Because this product is that good!
First time using it was a war. My cat eye is huge and thick, and I really couldn't imagine how to achieve it without risking to stain all my eye. The second time, it was effortless, no matter how flexible the brush is. It was buildable easier done than said. The tail of the cat eye was perfect in a matter of 3/4 strokes - and lasted! The colour is excellently pigmented and dries matte, and most of all: dries IMMEDIATELY. Like, I sneezed the second I ended doing an eye and it didn't smudge. Impressive! I didn't achieve this with Milani's.
The duration is MEGA as their lipsticks are. That probably happens also because I prime my lids with transparent powder for keeping oil under control, but once I tried it without priming and worked fine. I gently sucked a finger for getting it wet and passed it on the lid, and it stayed without smudging almost at all. With micellar water, it's pretty easy to clean it but needs extra work because it melts on the waterline (I'm not 100% sure tho, it might have been my Lancome's hypnose mascara, which is quite hard to clean completely at first try). It survived hot, humid days, cooking in line for 4 guests and steamy pots, and almost lasted after shower!
So, I'm glad to say I won't miss my beloved HG while I wait for it to be replenished. Plus, I don't have to wait online shipping because I easily find it in town. And save 3 euros. Well 3 euros are not that much, but it's the cost of a new Wnw's Megalast lipstick. Cool!
Eventually, I suggest this to everybody. Oily lids ladies can prime their lids with powder and might work for them as well, making you save tons of money!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been using this liquid liner, in the brown (sometimes) and black (much more often) non-waterproof colors for YEARS. This is one of those beauty buys that I just got into the habit of picking up on my weekly sojourns to CVS a long time ago, but I can't remember exactly when I starting using them. All I know is that I am a liquid liner aficionado, always have been, I only use pencil liner on my bottom lids, and this has been my most reliable player on that front.
I never have a problem with these- they are inexpensive, they are packaged securely, they glide on smoothly and dry quickly without flaking or fading throughout the day. They don't smear everywhere and I can practically use them without a mirror, I am so used to the formula. The applicator is thin enough to do a micro-line, but unless you've hit close to the bottom it pulls out a good amount of product to fully line the eye with one swipe. I use these continually so they do run out fairly quick. They are always on sale at CVS and I have them hoarded in my makeup drawer because for $2.50 a pop it's good to have them on hand.
Please WnW.. Never discontinue! K thanks :)

on 8/9/2016 5:57:00 PM

I have this liner in Indigo Blue and I have repurchased it several times! I always get compliments whenever I wear it. It stays on all day. It's a very bold color and very easy to apply.