Neutrogena Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula

Neutrogena Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula
Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula

Water, Glycerin, Oleic Acid, Coconut Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethanolamine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, BHT, Trisodium HEDTA, Blue 1, Red 33, Yellow 5, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My husband and I went to a prominent dermatologist in Chicago for years. He is the creator of many advancements in acne and skin care health. He would always recommend this formula, along with the bar soap. So naturally, we purchased it when he suggested. It is a great basic cleanser for everyday use. Along with over the counter medicine, it completely helped my husbands skin.

on 1/19/2017 6:56:00 AM

This is one of the affordable cleansers in drugstore for young and combination/oily skins. During my university years, I was using this cleanser and very pleased by it. After some years I have tried it again but then I have realized that it dries me out which is normal I suppose. Everybody┬┤s skin condition and need are different than the others so for young people who are in that certain age in which sebum production is very high, it is a very good cleanser. I must say I am not a doctor, neither I had an acne problem so I am not sure if it can work for acne prone skin. But one of my close friend had started to use this cleanser after my recommendation, and her breakouts were cleared out severely (again we were in that teenager-ish times). Unfortunately I cannot say anything for older and oily skins because with the age my skin has become drier. About other details: I like its sleek bottle and the pump was a plus. It has a certain smell which I find pleasant, but once I remember that it was biting my nose so heavily that I had to sneeze multiple times. The amount is enough for at least 3 months of usage (day and night).

on 1/9/2016 1:13:00 AM

I have combination skin- sometimes it'll be really oily and sometimes it'll hurt from being so dry. When I use this (unscented, never seen a scented one before) it makes me skin feel really clean. Once in a while it'll make it super dry though but it's nothing moisturizing can't help. It removes my face makeup but I don't use it on my eyes because it stings lol. It does its job and cleans your face, and that's it... don't think it does anything special for you if you have acne but I usually use this, and then put treatment on after moisturizing. If you live near a BJ's or Costco's they sell them in packs of two for a good price.

on 10/25/2015 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love this cleanser. I have very oily skin and I find that this formula tends to work well with it. It's not very drying and does the job. However, if you don't really like any traces of scent, I would suggest getting the unscented. I misread the label the second time when I bought this. The scent is so strong it clogs my nostrils and makes me a little dizzy. But my skin feels smooth and nice though.

Used this till the product ran out. At first my skin was loving it until later on I slowly noticed that I kept getting bumps on my chin. I would repurchase, however, this isn't for me. Works well for removing make up, doesn't sting my eyes, weird smell but doesn't bother me. I have dry sensitive skin and this didn't irritate my skin much just some bumps on my chin :(

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Unfortunately, this is yet another cleanser that hasn't worked out for me. For my dehydrated-normal skin, this is much too drying and leaves my skin feeling squeaky tight and uncomfortable. It was not gentle as it claimed to be. I do find all cleansers to be at least somewhat drying but I have to really rush to put lotion on immediately after I use this. It did rinse cleanly though.

Overall, for my skin type I did not find this cleanser suitable. It may work better on normal-to-oily skin types.

on 1/30/2015 12:24:00 AM

I remember using this when I was suffering from acne between ages 12-14. It did cleared and calmed my skin then I switch to other local drugstore products because It was very difficult to find this in drugstore in my country. I'm trying this out again. But 2 days after using this again I can see small bumps all over my face! I don't know if the fomula is different from years ago or my skin is just adjusting from switching brands. I hope my skin will cleared up after a few while.

UPDATE:
i just don't have small bumps right now, I now have pimples!! And I don't know what to do :(

on 8/1/2014 8:11:00 AM

I just love this stuff. I keep going back to it. I've tried everything from Ponds, to 100% Pure, to DHC cleansing oil. It seems like the oils all just break my skin out. Anything with mint, menthol makes my skin red. Be sure to check the ingredients make sure there is NO salicylic acid--this stuff can irritate and cause breakouts if you are using other acne medications in combination--I will note it is good for body acne though!) This review is for just the plain old face wash--it's been around forever and I remember using it when I was younger--15 years later I'm still reaching for it. Is it the best stuff ever? Probably not, I'm sure there are better cleansers out there but I haven't found them! It's just a dependable gentle cleanser. If your skin is freaking out and needs a rest, try this for a month or so before moving on to get things calmed down, you won't regret it! (Takes off makeup well too).

on 7/31/2014 1:02:00 AM

This is great for oily skin. It is super basic and affordable. This was actually the first ever cleanser I ever used it, but I was 12 and had to go out and buy something "cooler". It can be drying at first, but after I moisturize that feeling goes away.

on 5/24/2014 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Excellent for oily skin. Removes makeup easily. Works like the glycerin soap without the mushy mess. A ++