Laura Mercier Lip Kisses in Seashell

No Image

4.6

on 5/25/2007 4:28:00 AM

I think a lot of the reviews below me are for PINK Seashell, but I’m going to be reviewing the plain ole “Seashell.” I received this as a swap extra from one of the sweetest swappers ever. I was a bit hesitant about using it at first because it looks a bit brownish in the tube and I’ve come a long way since my “brown lipstick” days of high school. Alas I caved because I was in a rush one evening and couldn’t find any of other lip colors readily available. Oh what a fateful night that was! This lipstick is glorious! It’s a bronzy, tawny, slight pink nude (my descriptions are always so indecisive, ha ha) with a shimmery, wet-looking gleam. It’s not “glossy” by any means – just a healthy hint of color and shine to the lips. I thought it would look frosty, but that is not the case - unless you put on more than one layer The smell is also a nice light candy treat, nothing synthetic or perfumey about it. The staying power isn’t the bestest, but no bother – reapplying this is a cinch since it’s pretty sheer with one layer and doesn’t require precision. I’m currently not really into lip products, but I do think I like this lip tint/stick (whatever it is) a lot. I am very interested in trying more of these and they may replace MAC l as my favorites lipstick brand (perish the thought!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Dayum, this stuff smells good! I bought this online, and while it's not quite as pale and nude-y pink as I was hoping, it's still very nice and I'll keep it. I like the slim little tube, and this feels nice on the lips. It has SPF, and there is a touch of that "sunscreen" taste when you first put it on, but I don't mind because I'd much rather have the SPF than none. Also, Lip Kisses are paraben-free, which is cool. It will be good to wear during the day in the summer, a nice casual pink lippie.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Apparently "Seashell" is not the same as "Pink Seashell" so I will just start a Pink Seashell review....this is a sheer and glossy pink, a little shocking in the tube but goes on beautifully. The scent is Madagascar Vanilla and I would buy it for the scent alone. Love it! This is one of the few products I actually use up...I also have the Apricot Sorbet and sometimes I mix the two. I won't ever be without my LM Lipkisses. :) Respectfully submitted, colormepink

on 10/9/2006 9:51:00 AM

I can't believe I have overlooked this lipstick for so long. I am always searching for the perfect shade of pink & everything is usually too light, too dark or too purple on my lips. The second I tried this on in Sephora, the saleswoman came running over to try it on herself. HG material!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought the Lip Kisses in Pink Seashell and I absolutely love the colour! It is sheer, yet makes a wonderful difference and makes my lips look so much more kissable and beautiful. I love the soft consistency. But the only drawback is that it doesn't last that very long. One cup of coffee or a cocktail later, it is all gone.

on 4/17/2004 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I first tried this when getting a makeover at an LM event recently. When I first saw it, I thought, no way. It just didn't look like it would work for me. It kind of reminded me of the dreaded Baby Lips for some reason. But then the MA applied it, and I was convinced. What looks to be slightly too pink in the tube settles into an actually totally wearable shade that is one of those my lips but better shades. To wear it darker, I really need to use a liner with it (my MA used Red Chocolate, which totally changed the way it looks!), but otherwise this wears very sheerly to provide a kiss (how appropriate) of colour. It's not terribly glossy, but it seems quite moisturizing and does last for a while. And the scent! How could I forget the luscious vanilla scent? If only Laura would scent all of her lipsticks with this yummy sniff. This is another winning addition to Laura's fab lip line. continued >>

on 8/1/2003 11:58:00 PM

I absolutely love my lip kisses in Pink Seashell. The vanilla, I'm told, is Madagascar Vanilla. Same in all the lip kisses and the lip balm. Yummy. Smell is a biggie for me. If I don;t like the smell, especially on lipstick/gloss, I can't stand it. That's why I don't wear Avon!! Anyway, I have dark hair with highlights and am very tan right now, and this looks faboulous alone, with a liner, or over a matte, or more long-wearing lipstick.
The only problem is it's not very long-wearing, so I just have to torture myself reapplying and smelling that fabulous vanilla again!! Definitely a repurchase for me!!

on 4/19/2003 11:16:00 AM

I SO lucked out and got the last tube of this yesterday at my Nordstroms. Seashell is a gorgeous tawny-pink color that imparts beautiful natural pink shimmer to my lips. It's actually quite similar to MK's popular pink shimmer lipstick in color, however it's more moisturizing, slightly lighter in color, and has a better scent imo. I love the vanilla scent in these new lipsticks. I also love how this looks with LM's Terra Cotta lipliner. It's a beautiful lipstick to have for spring and summer and would look amazing with a great tan!