Egyptian Musk perfume oil

No Image

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

EM is one of my favorite base scents! It goes with anyyyything, or by itself :) I think so far, Bodytime is my Favorite & has been for probably close to 2o yrs. It's just perfect. Running close, is the Auric Blends EM. I also love the one from Whole Foods, the name has left me, I am sure it's on here somewhere. That one is light. Today I received a roll on from BodyOilDepot & my gosh! This IS an EM, but it's mixed with Arabian Oud, or something strange. I do like Oud scents, but was not expecting this. It's the same smell you would get if you walked into an Arabian Incense store. I have it on my wrist. I am either going to have to put this behind my knees, where I only catch wafts, or mix it with something, it's just LOUD. I just placed an order for a 1/3 oz Roll On with Silkroadbodyoils on Ebay. So we will see how that goes. It's RED EM, & will be my first ever. I am nowgoing to go read some reviews. Normally I do that first, but just the sound of RED, has me toooo intrigued. Now I HAVE to smell it!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I purchased my Egyptian musk oils from Whole Foods and from Fragrant Body Oilz on eBay. I wanted to see which would be the better version from two different sources. I heard different companies just processed them differently.

The Egyptian musk oil from Whole Foods was $8.99 which came in a 1/6 oz. bottle. The one on eBay was $2.99 for a 1/8 oz roll on bottle, but I purchased the (5) 1/8 oz. roll on bottles offer for $10.99 (free shipping) just to try out other fragrances.

The oil from Whole Foods was very strong and when I got home, I immediately took a shower. I had only dabbed it on my pinky finger and rubbed it along my wrists. I wanted to take it back and was disappointed that it smelled like old perfume. I decided to just give it some time. I did a little more research on the strong old perfume smell. Someone suggested on amazon to remove the cap for a few hours to allow it to breathe. So, I removed the cap for about 8 hours. AMAZING! It worked! The smell was truly beautiful and soft. I dabbed just a pinky amount before bed on my wrist and along my neck. The next morning my hubby dressed for work and came to kiss me good bye and his face, lol...he said you smell so good in that "voice". lol Honestly, I couldn't smell anything but his facial expression said enough. He left out the door then came back to sniff my neck, lol so so funny. Five Stars for Whole Foods Egyptian Musk oil. I will definitely repurchase from them. The company that makes the Whole Food Egyptian musk is Nemat International, Inc. their website is:(http://www.nematfragrances.com)

The Egyptian musk oil from Fragrant Body Oilz had a weird rubber band smell. You could smell the Egyptian fragrant but the smell of ...how can I describe it to you? Okay, have you ever picked up a rubber band that has been sitting in the sun or a utility drawer for way too long and it's sticky and breaking apart? The smell it leaves on your finger is the smell. Removing the cap didn't work in this case. The egyptian musk smell was very light. The roll on bottle barely rolled product on your skin. I had to remove the roll on ball and holder just to get the product out. I even tried making the hole bigger and replacing the ball. It didn't work. I would give this item two stars.

The additional oils I purchased from them were China Rain, Vanilla Musk, Green Tea & Jasmine, and Fresh Linen. Fresh linen was a substitute. Originally I wanted Egyptian Musk 24K oil. All smelled great. I had to remove the roll on balls from these bottles also. They sent two free samples. One was That Girl, I believe it's a Justin Bieber perfume, I may be wrong, sorry. My daughter absolutely loves the oil. The other was Victorian Rose. This was true to smell. The samples were not roll ons which was great. Overall for the remaining items ordered plus the free samples and shipping was free & super fast! I give it four stars.

They offer over 500 smells. You can find FragrantBodyOilz on eBay and their website is: (http://www.fragrantbodyoilz.com/)

I hope this review helped!

Take care Dollfaces. ♡

I just received a bunch of oil fragrances I ordered from the Body Oil Depot and Egyptian Musk was one of them. I really love it so far. A very good clean and distinctive smell (In a good way). The brand is Attar King. This version of EM will defintinly be in my stable of fragrances.

on 3/14/2012 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've worn this fragrance for so long, it lingers in all of my clothes (even after washing!).

Some people consider this a skin scent because it can sit so closely to the skin. But I've tried some egyptian musk oils that are very strong and you do have to be careful not to put on too much. It needs a light hand to be "pretty".

I don't get that many compliments on this anymore as I think a lot of people now know what it is, compared to when I first started wearing it over 15 years ago.

But it remains as one of my favorites and go to scents when I want something light and unassuming.

When I was in high school oils were pretty popular. The end of the big hair 80's gave way to the grunge of the early 90's and little stores were popping up every where selling stuff normally used by hippies of the sixties. I was always drawn to the tiny bottles full of all kinds of exotic scents. Egyptian musk pretty much drew me in at first sniff. I smell it now and I am instantly drawn back to 1990. It's a very clean scent. Very feminine. Unlike a lot of other scents out there. A little bottle goes a long long way...

on 2/28/2012 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I never thought I was a musk person - until I tried this! FragBodyOilz sent me a huge tube of this and immediately people said how clean and fresh I smell! I really like this!!

Since I discovered Egyptian Must Oil, my vanity full of department store perfumes sits lonely and unused. EM is a "close in" fragrance, never overwhelming with its fragrance. You'll never be the lady wearing too much perfume with this scent. Very sexy, and perfect for a make-out sesh ;)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Egyptian Musk oil has to be the most unique and amazing fragrance I've ever used. I've used many, and have been using Egyptian Musk off and on for almost 20 years. But I'm only now seeing how amazing it is *because* of how many other perfumes I have.

Egyptian Musk is the most versatile fragrance in the world. It wouldn't be out of place at home cleaning toilets, outside on the beach or at a family picnic, on a romantic date with a special someone, at the opera, a state dinner, etc. It's "you but better." It has no age restriction and smells equally fitting on young and old, male and female alike. Casual, yet rich. Glamorously understated, yet impossible to ignore. Sexy without trying to be.

What I also find amazing about it is it's ability to morph dramatically on each person and with each wear. As I stated, I've been wearing this for almost 20 years and there are still days where I'll pick up a dress I've worn for the laundry and stand there sniffing it because of the enchanting aroma and can't figure out what I was wearing that day only to realize it was the Egyptian Musk scent after combining with my own scent turning it into something that wasn't just "Egyptian Musk".

The scent of this oil also varies by its make. There are thin, clear Egyptian Musks that tend to be lighter and more soapy(in my experience). There are also oils that resemble honey in both color and thickness with a much richer scent that is sweeter(but never candy or sugary sweet!), richer, and perhaps with a bit more patchouli(?) but never goes overboard to the point of being bitter or offensive. It's just to keep the honeyed skin from becoming boring. I've also used a "white" Egyptian Musk which is a lighter and more faint version of the thick honeyed Egyptian Musk. Even with the differences, they still have that "Egyptian Musk" scent and all are worth a try if you like Egyptian Musks.

I will definitely repurchase Egyptian Musk oil for the rest of my life. Who doesn't want to smell like beautiful skin warmed by the sun?

on 12/14/2010 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I purchased the Auric Blends version of Egyptian Musk a few years ago, and I found it to be too strong and flowery on my skin; however, I've been haunted by this scent ever since and I wanted to give it another go. This time around, I purchased my Egyptian Musk from a perfume oil seller on Ebay. I didn't realize how much Egyptian Musk varies from seller to seller! I enjoy this version of Egyptian Musk because it seems subtler and has more of an earthy, musk charm than a stringent floral kick and it's dirt cheap. There's definitely something mysterious about this scent and I'm glad I gave it another go. Another favorite is Red Egyptian Musk, which also seems to vary drastically as well. I purchased Red Egyptian Musk from this Ebay shop as well, and it smelled exactly like Chandrika sandalwood soap. It's not the Red Egyptian musk I was expecting, but I happen to adore that soap, so I was quite content.My favorite Red Egyptian Musk thus far is from Loreto on Etsy. As soon as she has her full stock back up, I plan on purchasing a 5ml of this oil.

Egyptian Musk - http://stores.ebay.com/Collecting-Culture
Red Egyptian Musk - http://www.etsy.com/shop/Loreto

on 5/17/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I purchased mine from an Ebay seller. It is very thick and concentrated and one drop goes a very long way! It's a very nice soft feminine scent. However the particular brand I purchased smells too powdery on me which is not my favorite scent...don't know if that is how other brands are supposed to smell as this is my first experience with Egyptian musk, but I will most definitely be experimenting with other brands to see if there is something better and less powdery.

Popular Fragrances