Aesop Aesop Geranium Leaf Body Cleanser

Aesop Aesop Geranium Leaf Body Cleanser

4.1

Water (Aqua),Sodium Laureth Sulfate,Coco-Betaine,Cocamide MIPA,Propylene Glycol,Phenoxyethanol,Sea Salt (Maris sal),Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil,Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil,Pelargonium Graveolens Extract,Ethylhexylglycerin,Polysorbate 20,Magnesium Nitrate,Citric Acid,Methylchloroisothiazolinone,Magnesium Chloride,Methylisothiazolinone,d-Limonene,Citronellol,Linalool,Geraniol.

on 3/21/2017 1:11:00 AM

Yeah. I've bought this twice. I used it with the matching body lotion, hoping some of the scent will stick around after I've finished bathing/prepping (which it rarely does).

The scent is nice but I've actually been sick of it for a while. It's not too overpowering and pretty earthy, but nothing too special? Think I'll try a different Aesop line after this one, as I can't really complain about anything else (but the price!)

If you're going to dish out for a unique smelling soap, I'd look for something with a little more... punch? I haven't tried any of the other Aesop cleansers, but I have tried their other products and everything smells wonderful. Will be sticking with this brand, just not this line. Worth it in my eyes. :)

on 4/4/2015 9:25:00 AM

I'm a fan. Cleanses well without drying my skin out or causing irritation. Great fragrance, and I love that they sell a larger size.

I'm a bit of a body wash junky and this one continues to be rebought.

on 7/15/2014 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Perfect body wash - definitely use a bath puff with it - a little goes a long way, and my skin is left feeling fresh and clean without the dryness I usually get with most body soaps. Love the scent too. The only drawback is the price, but it's a worthy splurge. I'm going to try the Coriander Seed and Rose body wash fragrances next.

on 11/30/2013 5:08:00 AM

This body wash is beautifully scented, and does a very good job at cleansing my skin. I use a body puff, squeeze a pea-sized amount of gel, and on wet skin it is more than enough to cleanse my entire body.

After using this, my skin feels clean (obviously) but it does not feel dry, or tight, and it definitely does not flake or leave the 'snake-skin' look, which is another sign of dryness. To really have the smell of this gorgeous body wash linger on my skin, I use some of the Geranium Leaf Body Balm from Aesop as well.

Will definitely repurchase.

on 6/9/2013 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The Geranium Leaf Cleanser really is a superlative cleanser. I went for the 17oz bottle with the pump, which makes for efficient use in the shower. A little goes a long way; no more than two pumps cleans my skin thoroughly. It can also be used as a hand cleanser, and it makes for a superb one at that. Case in point, after spending some time working on my bike, my hands were covered in grease and dirt. Typically I would have to wash my hands two or three times to remove all the grime. I decided to put the Geranium Leaf Cleanser to the test, and it performed amazingly. A half-pump completely removed not only the grime from my hands, but the smell of dirt and grease--leaving nothing but clean hands and the sweet scent of geranium. That a soap can clean so well while being so good for my skin means that I will remain committed to this cleanser. The price is what you make of it; I choose to make it work.

on 8/23/2014 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This Geranium scent was new to me, when I smelt it thought "that's different..." But fresh and overall CLEAN. This body cleanser really cleanses and nourishes without stripping or leaving any residue. It is pricey but I like to switch this out with other cleanser - pure ingredients and packaging is what you pay for, it looks great in the bathroom

TIP: Put a drop or two of tea tree for some antiseptic, and a little extra "clean" for the crevices and creases :)

on 9/11/2011 9:42:00 AM

I love this shower gel. It smells divine without overpowering scent. The smells is relaxing. It's leathers well and little bit goes a long way. It's not drying while not giving extra moisturizing, just a well balance into the skin. Just wish it's not so expensive.

on 9/6/2007 4:05:00 AM

this is my HG of shower gels! It smells divine!! The packaging is great and you only need 1-2 pumps to do the whole body, so it lasts a long time.

I wouldn't recommend it if you don't like strong smells or the smell of geranium, if you do I'm sure you'll be in heaven!

on 11/9/2006 6:49:00 AM

Aesop's products just don't work for me. The SA was really pushy about this one (he kept saying how everybody loves it) but I only used it for two days before chucking it out! READ the label before you buy it - it has some 'disclaimer' statements saying it can cause skin irritations and some sort of infection (I can't remember exactly what it is, but if I'm not wrong it said the urinary tract?) which freaked me out when I was standing in the shower reading it. I don't think knowing these facts made me imagine that the product smelled funny on me coz my boyfriend said I smelled weird and well, stinky, and while we couldn't figure it out then, I traced it back to this! (I switched back to my old Palmolive Milk and Honey soap - which I ADORE and the smell was gone!) Perhaps the product doesn't sit well with my skin (I have really sensitive skin) but I broke out in little red spots after using it as well. Won't be repurchasing at all!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my current favourite body cleanser. It lathers really well, lasts a while (a small amount goes a long way), smells wonderful and comes in a very functional, attractive pump bottle which doesn't clog up like many others. It cleans the skin well and leaves a pleasant, lingering fragrance that is not too overpowering. Because it is a light-coloured gel, it doesn't leave too many conspicuous marks on my shower screen when it strays there. Definitely smells and feels more luxe than the supermarket brands. If you've got a bit of cash to spare, this is definitely a worthwhile bathtime luxury.