Jane Nail Color in Hot Blooded

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/25/2017 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This was my HG blood red polish. It was a perfect semi-crelly cream bloody vamp red that wasn't too brown nor too purple. Sadly, it's long been discontinued. I think the company went out of business, as well.

I've looked for a dupe for years, and believe I've finally found it. If you've been searching, too, try Zoya Courtney from the 2016 Grunge Collection. It's ever so slightly darker than Jane Hot Blooded, but it's got that same odd creamy-crelly not quite fullblown crelly formula that gave the original so much depth.

on 5/25/2007 1:08:00 AM

Don't wear this unless you want to look FABULOUS. I love it!!! It lasted on my toes for 2 weeks and it looks sexy, classic, and beautiful all at once. I can't recommend it enough....

This is truly the BEST red polish I have every come across. It just always seems right. Cannot recommend this enough. I thought UD's Gash was my favorite until I stumbled across this gem. Don't miss out!

on 3/2/2004 12:34:00 AM

This is great polish for the money. It has a good smooth texture and doesn't bubble. The color is a beautiful sexy deep red, very classic. One coat is red, two is blood red. Needs a top coat if you want it to last. Certainly not salon quality, but decent for a drugstore product.

on 3/26/2004 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG of red mail polishes. Whenever I happen to find it (which is rare, almost never in stock) I but all of them. The best deep red on the market!

on 8/16/2004 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I cannot rave enough about this. I adore deep red for toenails and in the deep red dept. nothing rivals jane hot-blooded. I might never have discovered it if I hadn't noticed how gorgeously it complemented my very fair skinned best friend. When I saw it on her, I loved it and had to have it. Usually, when I buy something based on loving it on someone else, it's not so great on me. Not so with this. I'm quite pale myself, but sort of an olivey pale with yellow undertones, if that makes sense. I've never worn any other polish that complements my skin so beautifully.I usually don't agree with the concept of shades that "work on everyone" but I think this little beauty is a rare exception. It's a gorgeous deep red, super dooper shiny (with or without a topcoat) and lasts for a week without chipping-no touch ups. Not too shabby for about $3.00. Only I'm in the depths of despair now that it appears the jane line has been discontinued (BIG POUT!)as I'm sure I'll never find any polish to equal the quality of this one, and certainly not for the same wonderful price. If anyone knows of a comparable knockoff, or anywhere I could still find Jane products do let me know as I am very very sad that my HG toenail shade has seemingly disappeared from the face of the earth.

on 4/18/2003 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my perfect red. It's not too cool and not too warm, and it doesn't have shimmer or anything to distract from the dark blood redness of it. It also stays very glossy. It's a true red with one coat, and a darker blood red (but not too dark - you can still tell it's definitely RED) with two.

Perfect.

on 6/23/2003 7:21:00 PM

i LOVE this colour! i haven't purchased it in a while, since i've become addicted to OPI polish...but this is a great alternative. between Eye Zings (knock-offs for MAC shadows) and their polish (knock-off for OPI), Jane knows what she's doing!

i've found that this red looks great on REALLY fair skin (like me!) and tan skin alike. i've never seen it on anyone of darker colour, but it's so neutral i'm sure it'd be fabulous.

dang. now i want a bottle of it!

This is a super-glam, deep impressive red. it's very, very glossy; i think it might be the shiniest color in this line. the nail polish itself is excellent, too. It's thin, dries quickly, and delivers good coverage.

on 11/1/2003 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG nail color. It's the PERFECT red in all ways! No shimmer, shiney, lasts well even without a topcoat... EVERYTHING!!!!! As mentioned below it can be true red and blood red. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Popular Polishes