Banana Creme - Detangling Conditioner

No Image

1.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is not a horrible conditioner, it smells good and does an okay job, but afterwards it just doesn;t leave my hair as soft or bouncy as some other conditioners can.

absolutely horrible. the detangling claim is laughable, considering that it made my hair more tangled than it would ever become on its own. the texture is nice enough, but its does nothing in the way of conditioning, either. its totally useless.
i bought this while on a banana scented product kick. its pretty hard to find banana scented anything, so i had to take what i could get. the scent is like bubblegum flavored amoxicillin mixed with rank, sour, artificial banana.
the packaging is realy cute and unique, but the screw off cap is a pain. i would prefer a flip top cap, but it doesnt really matter, since i wont be using it again.
please see my review for the matching shampoo.

review challenge 04/24-05/03 continued >>

Yuck, this stuff is awful. Not only did this conditioner smell horrible (like rotten bananas with a heavy dose of pesticide)it also left my hair in a pitiful state. After using this stuff my hair felt almost worse than it does when I bleach it! That's bad. I had to use an intensive oil treatment just to make my hair forgive me after using that crud. One use and it was in the trash. Simply said, don't buy this, it's horrible.

on 9/14/2002 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

While I quite enjoyed the softening effect this had on my thick, semi-dry hair, I couldn't get past the horribly pungent banana scent. That alone would prevent me from purchasing this item. I wish Philou manufactured a comparable product that was fragrance-free - it would certainly be a winner.

on 11/22/2001 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was told by a sales rep. from their website that this product would work for normal to dry hair. Well, I have dry hair and it did absolutely nothing but turn it into a tangled, strawlike mess. I liked the packaging and the scent, but it didn't do anything other than look nice in my tub and smell good.