Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner

Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner
Pore Refining Toner

3.5

Water Purified, SD Alcohol 40, Glycolic Acid, Witch Hazel, Sodium PCA, Salicylic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Extract, Peppermint Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Lactate, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrances

on 12/3/2016 3:00:00 AM

It smells a lot like alcohol and is drying! If you don't have really significant pore problems or acne problems, this doesn't help enough to notice. It does feel nice though and cleans off the dirt that your cleanser doesn't catch, and it is also is great for prepping your skin for better absorption of future steps in your routine.

on 11/1/2016 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin is finally behaving!
I did have a purge for about two weeks. You can tell if your skin is purging if you're breaking out in the same places you usually break out. If you're breaking out in random places where you don't usually get acne, then you may be having a reaction.
I got a few spots, they came on quickly and disappeared quickly, mostly on my chin and jaw, where I usually break out. I hoped it was only purging and kept using the product, and yes! The spots stopped and now my skin stays smooth and clear! I even started using this on my "bacne." However, it is drying, and if I don't moisturize, I get ITCHY!
As with all AHA/BHA's moisturizing is important, as well as sun protection.
I'm so in love with this "toner" (I think it's also the equivalent of an exfoliant), I use it on my bikini line and underarms to keep my skin smooth, soft, and free of ingrown hairs.
Sometimes I get a little tingle, but not really a burn, and it doesn't irritate. Some sensitive and/or dry skin types may have some irritation.
I also have some seborrheic dermatitis and this didn't make it worse. I can't say for sure if it made it better, as I was using hydrocoritisone on the SD at the same time, but it at least didn't interfere or make it worse.
I use this after Cerave foaming cleanser, before Neutrogena Hydroboost moisturizer. Soon to incorporate an AHA serum, so I may need to adjust how frequently I use this toner (currently AM and PM).
Overall, I am impressed that such an inexpensive toner gave me such great results. Some sebaceous filaments look more clear, and pores look slightly smaller, but I know there's not a lot of hope for those things in my mid-30s, so I didn't expect this toner to magically fix that.

on 8/1/2016 6:04:00 PM

this could possibly be my HG toner. my pores appear to be smaller and less clogged. I'm excited to see how my skin looks the longer I use this. i have only been using for about a week.

I'm actually using this as a light exfoliating treatment rather than a wipe on toner. I simply transferred it to a spray bottle. At night after washing and drying, I spray it on my face, neck, chest, hands and forearms. Wait a couple of minutes and then apply serum or moisturiser.

After only a few days the skin on my face and neck felt smoother. After a few weeks I found that my overall skin tone was more even. I need less serum or moisturiser because it sinks in much better since using this product.

I tried using it as a regular toner wiped on, but I never have any leftover dirt or makeup come off. I guess this is because I wipe my cleanser off with a face cloth. Used as a spray on, there's no waste and I can easily use it over a much larger area of skin.

Full price this costs around $15AU for a 150ml bottle. It's occasionally on sale, but full price is pretty decent. A definite repurchase.

For the record, I am 52 with combination skin and large pores. I've had no irritation or dryness, however it did make me purge a little. I found it gave me small pimples in areas that are not particularly oily such as outer cheeks and near the eyes. These pimples were small and not painful. After about two weeks, no new pimples came up.

Edit: Still loving this product but found I only use it about every second night. When used every day it became a touch too drying. Even so,this is still a 5 star rating.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Best drugstore toner ever! I have oily, acne prone skin that seems to accumulate blackheads like no other. Usually only have hormonal breakouts. I have tried DDF 10% Glycolic Acid toner before it changed the name and dropped % in AHA. It was great, but not as awesome as this IMO. AHA is the 3rd ingredient on the list! And it also has BHA and Witch Hazel, all these together keep my skin so amazingly clear, fresh and soft. The alcohol doesn't bother me, I've used toners in the past that contain waaaay more alcohol than this and very overpowering but this is perfect. Have noticed a dramatic difference in my pores and they were huge, like no joke!! The BHA/AHA combo have been clearing them and keeping them tight! My makeup goes on like a dream and I've noticed my skin is less oily in the day. Highly recommend! I bought this for $15 in AU and will definitely be repurchasing. I hope this helps all you ladies who have skin like mine!

on 1/18/2016 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this toner. I haven't really used a toner for years because I had bad experiences with them drying my skin out and irritating everything. This does NOT do those things!! I can't really say that it has done much to reduce pore size, but I didn't really expect that either. I have noticed that my skin feel softer and smoother, more even, and brighter. I will probably try out some different toners, but will most likely end up coming back to this one.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have oily, acne prone skin, and this toner has helped keep my face clear. It has really helped reduce the amount of blackheads I have. I used this for four months liking it, then stopped for several months. My skin suffered for it. More black heads and break outs.

If you have sensitive skin proceed with caution. I was kind of worried at first, because alcohol, witch hazel, aha/bha, eucalyptus, peppermint--It all sounds irritating. Despite this it works, and skin is so much better. So I'm going to stick with this toner. I'm not sure what percentage of glycolic acid is in it, but I like that this is an affordable drug store product with glycolic acid as the third ingredient.

on 12/8/2015 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This can burn a bit, but it does kill any potential breakouts and does make pores seem smaller.

The scent is kind of intense.

Packaging is great. It's a flip top bottle and it dispenses just the right amount on a cotton pad.

It has AHA,BHA and some alcohol, so if you use this in the daytime, wear sunblock,because it will probably increase your sun sensitivity.

Dry skin will not be happy with this toner, but oily skin or acne prone skin may really like it.

Having had acne prone and oily skin for some time and nothing seeming to work, I decided some research on different skin products was well overdue. I wasn't keen to buy the best products I had read about due to the hefty price tags do have this a go. After 1 week of using this, along with the Neutrogena foaming face wash, I am already seeing a significant reduction in oil, and I am not having to reapply make at lunch, just some blotting of t-zone. Very gentle product that deep cleans, keeps oil at bay without drying and with a decent price tag!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The toner smells sooo good! It doesn't sting! I have acne-prone Skin, an oily at the T-Zone. This is what I used it for! Don't use it for dry, sensitive Skin, it contains alcohol, glycolic & salicylic acid!