Shu Uemura Pro Spots Concealer

Shu Uemura Pro Spots Concealer

4.2

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to pimple concealer. Not only does it cover, it also drys out the zit like no other treatment. I wouldn't use this concealer for large areas like under eye because it's thick and quite dry. For color reference, I'm NC40 in MAC and I use 7YR medium in this concealer. The product lasts forever. I think I 've had my tube for 2 years already and still going strong.

on 9/25/2011 3:49:00 PM

My favorite thing about this concealer is its applicator. No product is wasted because of it!! You really don't need a lot, so the tube lasts a very long time.

My biggest dislike of this product is how hard it is to blend. I'm not sure if this is just me, but it streaks when I apply it with a concealer brush. I have to repeatedly try to blend it out.

Like many concealers, it makes pimples look very dry, however, it's the best scar concealer I've used (and I've used MANY concealers). My scars are barely visible when I use this concealer and I've even been told that it looks like my scars disappeared.

I've used this under my eyes before and on my blemishes when I went swimming. It stayed on better than I thought, but it did budge. My undereye area looked a bit dry too because of this.

For reference, I have this in 7YR Medium, which is a little too dark for my NC25 skin tone but it's not noticeable after applying foundation (I apply concealer before foundation so the foundation can even out any uneven colors).

To Read all 53 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/28/2009 1:47:00 PM

I bought this product because I've heard good reviews about Shu Uemura concealers (in Asia at least) and I've also heard that Ipsa is quite a good brand for concealer (I don't know if they have it in the States). This is the second tube I got from the Shu Uemura and I have been using this product more than 2 years (can you believe it) I'm using 7 YR medium light and it blends in perfectly into my skin. I won't say this product is expensive because the tube has lasted me for at least a year (I use it religiously every day). I love it because the packaging is small, and I bring it to everywhere.
I have pretty bad dark circles, and I have to say this product brightens the area pretty well. However, (maybe cause i have these crazy dark circles) it doesn't cover up ALL of it. I can still see the dark lines around my eyes. It covers up most of my dark parts, but doesn't cover up my dark LINE that circles my dark area. I'm going to try their Pro spot concealer and hopefully it's a little thicker and would cover up all the darkness. Oh, and I also use this as a highlighter on my nose.

If you have red angry spot or age spot this concealer will make it go away instantly. You need the teeniest, tiniest amount dotted (I use a fine eyeliner brush) onto the spot and a very, very quick bit of gentle patting on and around the spot to make it disappear. This concealer dries really quickly and if you don't blend it right it looks god-awful and cakey. There's no way you can add more, or apply any other makeup over it as it will look a total mess. I got shade 7yr (medium-light L) which is too yellowy for my skintone really, but I have an age spot near my eye and it's perfect for getting rid of that. If you can get an exact match for your skintone/foundation shade then this concealer is a sure-fire winner. I've used mine almost daily for a year and it's still virtually full - great value for money, just get the EXACT right match.

love this product. I was looking for a concealer that covers those pesky blemishes that pops up suddenly and i came across this while shopping at Barneys. the SA applies this on my skin and used pressed powder to set it. covers EVERYTHING! amazing for me. But there is a downside. Its quiet thick and you have to blend really well or there will be patches and also the amount you get is very little and its quiet expensive. i dont use this on a daily basis though..

Aside from being quite expensive, this concealer works great! The tube is very small, but the concealer itself is very opaque so you only need a tiny bit to last you a long time. It covers nearly everything, so if you're looking for heavy coverage, this would work really well. The applicator might take some time getting used to, as you don't really get to choose the amount of concealer you extract, but I got used to it after awhile. However, it can look quite dry and cakey very easily, so use sparingly.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought the 7YR medium when i was tan after coming from the beach and it looked amazing. The consistency, coverage and shade were all perfect. Problem started when my tan faded. It became too orange on my real skin tone, so I decided to go to the store and buy a new one in a lighter shade but not one of the shades they have suited my skin tone. They were either too dark or too light. I would have given this a perfect 5 if only they had something that matches my skin tone. Too bad.

on 6/6/2008 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a very good heavy-duty concealer. It's quite concentrated and is more smudge-proof than many others I've tried. The lightest shade that was recommended for my fair skin is too light so I'll probably wind up purchasing the next darkest, but beware when purchasing that they tend to run a bit paler than most lines. I'm not crazy about the lipgloss wand-like packaging, but overall it's one of the better concealers I've tried.

on 10/6/2007 4:01:00 PM

This is a wonderful concealer for covering scars and horrible blemishes on my face. You only need a tiny amount so the product lasts for ages. Be sure not to use too much as it will end up looking cake-y after a while and it is quite thick so not very suitable for the undereye area. Still, this is probably the only make-up product that I will definitely repurchase for years to come.

i only use this concealer for tiny scars /marks left behind by zits. this is very opaque, n one layer is enough to conceal those marks. i like the packaging, especially the applicator, because u only need a tiny wheeny amount to conceal, n the applicator ensures minimal wastage. however, i find this a little hard to blend, n piling on too much will make the area cakey. also, at sgd$47, it's the most expensive concealer i've owned.

edit: i've minused 1 lippy off. while it's very opaque, it's too drying and doesnt blend into my skin nicely. it leaves an obvious patch.