Neutrogena moistureshine lipgloss

No Image

4.1

on 8/12/2005 5:13:00 PM

I'm surprised that these wonderful lipglosses aren't taked about more! They are teriffic: last longer than Mac or Revlon's SL l/g on me, they're not as sticky as Mac, come in several lovely shades (yes, they need *more* of them!), and are cheap (esp when on sale at CVS)! Dreamy is a lovely match for Mac VGV, Chic is a deadringer for Chanel's Giggle glossimer (loved Giggle but glossimers make my lips go numb--not a good thing), and Twinkle is also a nice substitute for Mac Cultured l/g. Will definitely repurchase:)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

EDIT:
Just tried their new version of these glosses and i am really disappointed! just went from a rating of 5 to 1! i miss the First Blush color so i thought that Fruity Pink would do but all it is on my pigmented lips..is clear gloss with specks of glitter... it looks peachy pink but applies clear almost no color/pigmentation. I missed the older version where it is more pigmented and opaque. Bring the old version back neutrogena!!!!
Old Review:
i just rediscovered this lipgloss and i keep coming back to the same awesome colors they make. the colors that i cant live without are: First Blush (resembles Nars orgasm without much sparkles), Chic (chanel's giggle) and Swizzle (chanel's spark). i also have it in Dreamy( similar to MAC VGV) and Groove (similar to NARS turkish delight). i pretty much tried most of their colors (razzle, spritz, fizz, flirt, daring, dizzy, tickled, twinkle )but keep coming back to the ones above and one discontinued one (Glam). definitely recommend them except you have to throw them away when they get a year old because they start to smell funny like a wooden popsicle stick!( i replace them often!).

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like to use Neutrogena products on my face and lips because they seem like they want you to have healthy skin, and my complexion is extremely oily and my lips get dried out really bad easily, especially if I use cheap-o products. I had this in clear, and it was beautiful- really shiny and glassy, and it didn't dry out my lips- or maybe that was because I always had ChapStick on under it. My only complaints are that the gloss turned really cloudy (probably from the ChapStick, but that's my fault, really) and the packaging looked nice but leaked all over my make-up bag...I had to clean it out several times before I realized that it was the lip gloss. :D Also, I love to have clear gloss on my lips, but Neutrogena's Clear (properly called "Sweet Nothings") seems to be very hard to find and all the other colors seem a bit intense for my pale and pasty skin tone...so I'll probably get something else. If I saw this again, however, I'd definatly buy it. ^__^

on 12/27/2012 10:10:00 PM

Copper Power
Vital Violet
Refreshing rose
Vita Plum.

I don't really have a favorite. They all work to make my face appear polished and put together.
Each one is subtle but gives a pop of color, not too sheer not too bold. Perfection on the lips. (I'm NC30 for reference) Even Nutri Berry looks bright in the tube but is just a pretty pink on the lips. They are really moisturizing and hug the lips nicely. Also, yes they are pricier but Bed Bath and Beyond has them for under $8.00 and I can buy two and use a $5.00 off coupon and poof they are $5-ish each. Bam! I have oooodles and ooooodles of lip products but these are something I reach for consistently. I would venture to say these are the All-Stars of my lip gloss collection. ;-)

on 11/26/2012 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've always stayed away from neutrogena makeup (and now, their skincare). I have heard awesome things about it, but I just was never drawn to their makeup. Finally, I decided to check out the Neutrogena section at CVS. Speaking of CVS, their prices are always so high on makeup! This lipgloss was eleven dollars! The packaging was really chic. It comes in a clear tube with a silver cap (at least the one I got did- some were different.) with lettering on the tube. The gloss itself is a shimmey, almost glittery, peach. I believe the color is healthy peach (isn't that an awkward name for a lipgloss?), which is a nice color in the tube. However, when applied, the color 'bunches up' on my lips. By that I mean that it goes on really patchy. Not attractive. Also, the glitter in it is really chunky and, put simply, nasty. It also comes with a very chemically scent and taste. I still use it ocassionally, but end up wiping it off because I can't stand the smell and taste.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

I own this lip gloss in multiple colors. Pure Cider (a warmish, nude), Nurti Berry (raspberry pink).

This is a great gloss, has a decent amount of pigmentation, a nice shimmer, not too much slip, and dries to a nice sticky moisturizing finish. A tad bit expensive for drug store makeup, but I like them over many others.

on 6/13/2010 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Colors look great on my fair skin, but I wish it stayed on longer.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

this gloss had a horrible smell and it didnt feel to great either. and it actually dried my lips out.

on 7/24/2008 12:08:00 PM

The taste was awful! The shine was nice, consistency OK, but I couldnt get past the taste and smell, so I had to return it. Won't be repurchasing.

Pretty useless. You put it on and it's gone in about 15 minutes. The packaging is fine, however. Much better than the slanted tip, squeeze tube of the "soothing" one they market as well. L'Oreal is a much better deal with better colors and a longer-lasting formula. Still doesn't top MAC lip glass but for a cheap alternative, L'Oreal is better than this goo.