Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
Laura Mericer Foundation PrimerLaura Mercier & Airbrush Primers (front)Laura Mercier & Airbrush Primers (back)

2.9

Water, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Honey Extract, Allantoin, Kiwi Extract, Grape Extract, Aloe Extract, Thea Sinensis Extract, Lavender Extract, Orange Extract, Palmarosa Extract, Jasmine Extract, Rose Extract, Geranium Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fd&C Red #40, Fd&C Yellow #5.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I received a free tube with the purchase of the translucent powder which by the way is wonderful. This primer however was a disappointment. It does nothing for the skin and doesn't make my foundation last any longer. Not worth buying at all.

on 6/11/2018 6:09:00 PM

I break out from this product. It does nothing for my foundation lasting what so ever.

on 4/10/2018 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I received this as a sample when I bought their transculent powder. It came in a small tube, I have other Laura Mercier primers that are great but I use this when travelling, I've come to realise it's breaking me out, I thought it was a coincidence but on every occasion I use this I break out. My skin was so clear for so long and I use this and suddenly a huge breakout, very upsetting.

Water based and acts as more of a moisturiser then a primer.
Please do not buy this if you are acne prone!

on 2/18/2018 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Best primer I have tried! I have the oil free one as I have oily skin but gives me foundation longer wear and hold. Recommend it!

on 1/12/2018 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Nothing special about this primer as far as I could tell, and the staying power isn't great. But it didn't break me out and plays well with the tinted moisturizer.

It did help smooth my skin and blur pores and imperfections but I have oily skin and it broke me out and made my skin really oily by the end of the day. My nose was shiny AF! I only used it cuz my mum had bought it for me after loving it herself and I'd run out of my usual primer. I never usually get spots anymore but after 3 days of using this I had 4.

on 5/21/2017 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a big fan of Laura Mercier products but not this one. I don't wear foundation make-up every day, so that might have something to do with the problems I've had with this product. The first time I bought it, the primer got rancid, it had an awful smell. I bought it a second time and the same thing happened. I would not buy this product again.

I used the oil-free and the radiance primers. The oil-free is rubbish! It did absolutely nothing for me at all - its just an overpriced moisturiser...and even then, there are much better and cheaper moisturisers out there. It didnt make my foundation last longer, didnt make it apply any smoother or look more even. Its just nothing. The radiance primer was okay - it made my skin look more brighter and less dull, which is great as I have dry skin. But again it didn't make much difference in the application and longevity of my foundation. Its nice that you get 50 mL worth of product but still - the product itself is rubbish, so no thanks, Laura Mercier!

on 10/7/2016 10:58:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have combination skin with a rather oily t-zone. For that reason, primers have been a no-go for me, as everything, and I mean everything, makes my t-zone more oily. Some primers have also managed to make the rest of my face oily, which in itself, is a feat. I've tried lots of them, but they just haven't worked on my skin. Well, enter Laura Mercier foundation primer! I received a large sample and then rushed out and bought the full size.

This is an excellent primer for me. It evens out my skin and blurs my pores. It doesn't make my t-zone more oily (it actually controls the oil a bit) and it makes my makeup (cc cream, primer and powder, in that order) last a lot longer. I don't like primers that add "glow" to my face and I'm happy to say that this one doesn't. It doesn't clog my pores or aggravate my sensitive skin. I love it!

on 7/4/2016 10:26:00 AM

I think this primer is just kind of average, unless you are buying the radiance primer. This is definitely a step up from Smashbox primers, which I tried to love, but just could not live up to expectations. I find that there is not much of a difference between having this on and not using the product. The flip side is that this does not break me out or feel tacky or greasy on the skin.