Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
Laura Mericer Foundation PrimerLaura Mercier & Airbrush Primers (front)Laura Mercier & Airbrush Primers (back)

3.0

Water, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Honey Extract, Allantoin, Kiwi Extract, Grape Extract, Aloe Extract, Thea Sinensis Extract, Lavender Extract, Orange Extract, Palmarosa Extract, Jasmine Extract, Rose Extract, Geranium Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fd&C Red #40, Fd&C Yellow #5.

I used the oil-free and the radiance primers. The oil-free is rubbish! It did absolutely nothing for me at all - its just an overpriced moisturiser...and even then, there are much better and cheaper moisturisers out there. It didnt make my foundation last longer, didnt make it apply any smoother or look more even. Its just nothing. The radiance primer was okay - it made my skin look more brighter and less dull, which is great as I have dry skin. But again it didn't make much difference in the application and longevity of my foundation. Its nice that you get 50 mL worth of product but still - the product itself is rubbish, so no thanks, Laura Mercier!

on 10/7/2016 10:58:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have combination skin with a rather oily t-zone. For that reason, primers have been a no-go for me, as everything, and I mean everything, makes my t-zone more oily. Some primers have also managed to make the rest of my face oily, which in itself, is a feat. I've tried lots of them, but they just haven't worked on my skin. Well, enter Laura Mercier foundation primer! I received a large sample and then rushed out and bought the full size.

This is an excellent primer for me. It evens out my skin and blurs my pores. It doesn't make my t-zone more oily (it actually controls the oil a bit) and it makes my makeup (cc cream, primer and powder, in that order) last a lot longer. I don't like primers that add "glow" to my face and I'm happy to say that this one doesn't. It doesn't clog my pores or aggravate my sensitive skin. I love it!

on 7/4/2016 10:26:00 AM

I think this primer is just kind of average, unless you are buying the radiance primer. This is definitely a step up from Smashbox primers, which I tried to love, but just could not live up to expectations. I find that there is not much of a difference between having this on and not using the product. The flip side is that this does not break me out or feel tacky or greasy on the skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I appear to be in the minority that finds this underwhelming. It has a nice texture and blends well. However, I saw no difference in appearance vs using no primer.

This primer works like a dream.

Laura mercier claims that it is a lightweight creamy gel. I completely agree it is lightweight and feels so fresh on the skin, it has vitamins a c and e in which is supposed to protect skin from ageing. It made my skin feel beautiful and didn't cause any breakouts.

It has made every foundation I use look amazing I'd recommend it to anyone.

Use before foundation.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this primer, its kind of a gel texture and keeps the foundation set all day, the only gripe I have with it is that after putting it on it needs a minute or two to 'set' before you can apply your foundation.

It is expensive but it's a good primer.

on 8/17/2015 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My first high-end primer and I have to say this is the best I have ever tried. Most of the primers I have used make skin smoother however leave the skin a bit drying so it's harder to blend foundation on top. But this LM primer gives the right amount of smootheness and mattifying effect without taking out the natural glow of my skin. My regular foundation sits well on top of it and blends nicely. I also like to use it on its own when I don't feel like wearing foundation but need to look smooth while keeping the oil at bay. However I might not repurchase because I'm not really a fan of primers. To me, maintaining a healthy skin with skin care is more essential to make it look great than the instant-but-temporary effect of primer.

on 7/17/2015 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

OK as a primer but broke me out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a sample of this product in the David Jones sample bag and it has lasted me ages. It definitely makes your makeup stay on better and for longer and also as I get acne and have oily and dry areas of my face it evens all of that out. I do have to blot once or twice during the day but that is just normal. Great product. Will repurchase. Will be trying the oil free version shortly too. :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I received this primer as a deluxe sample in one of my monthly subscription boxes and when i saw it in there,I was so excited! I heard a lot about this primer and I was really excited to see it in action. Upon first use, the formula seemed too liquidy, and I couldn't tell the difference in my skin's texture or tone at all. The formula seems better suited for someone with oily or normal skin, my combo to dry skin just flaked out. The actual results of this are nothing to write home about, I do not notice any long-lasting results. My skin looks as if I used zero primer at all. Benefit's That Gal works better than this! Overall it's a pretty poor product. I only use this stuff when I've run out of my other HG primer.