Creative Nail Design Super Shiney High Gloss Top Coat

Creative Nail Design Super Shiney High Gloss Top Coat

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Alcohol Denat., Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate, Acrylates Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Aqua (Water) (Eau), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 60725 (Violet 2).

on 12/13/2017 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried this because an acquaintance swears by it, but for me it's a nightmare. I get that it's popular because it's nice and thick and gives a really plush glassy shine, but on the flip side, this "my fingertips look like Venetian glass" effect requires the topcoat to be thick, and that is what makes this coat so awful for me, despite that obvious benefit.

For starters, the formula is so gloopy and thick, that it takes FOREVER to dry. And I really do mean forever. When I give myself manicures, it's usually around 3 hours before bedtime. I go to bed feeling satisfied and great with the way my nails look, and three hours should be enough for the nail polish to be dry, right? But then why do I wake up time with the pillowcase fabric stamped into my nails? This never happens with any other topcoat I use, with any polish ever. The only solution is to cover the marks with more topcoat, but that's like borrowing money from a loan shark to repay a bank loan: it's a terrible idea, and it only makes the problem worse.

But then for being such a slow dryer, it manages to start setting EXTREMELY fast. Because the formula is so thick, I have to assiduously remove extra polish from the brush, which causes the brush to stick to the polish and drag on the nail when you apply, which actually sometimes results in a previously applied coat COMING OFF and dissolving into the top coat. And since it has almost NO self-leveling function I end up with not just ridges but bumps and DIMPLES in my manicure when I use this, especially on my right hand where I have trouble with application in the first place. If I try to leave just a little more polish on the nail, to prevent this, I more than not end up depositing a giant glob on the nail that not only floods my cuticles (resulting in that unsightly cuticle-ridge, assuming I manage to fix this and don't have to redo the entire nail over from scratch), but often the entire tip of the finger, dissolving the nail color and taking it into the neighboring skin. Like, I know everything about manicures takes practice, especially judging the amount of polish on the brush at any given time, but this is ridiculous, especially as I've been giving myself manicures for years and I've never had this much trouble with any nail varnish, whether color or top or base coat.

So yeah, thick topcoats suck. Like I said, this does give a lovely glassy finish if you manage to use it correctly (though the shine isn't particularly long-lasting, I've found... it gets dull SURPRISINGLY fast for something with a finish like that) and if you prefer to work with thick formulas, it may be more of a positive for you than a minus. But as for me, nuh uh. I'd rather forego topcoat entirely than use this, thank you.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Awesome top coat! Super shiny and stays shiny until you take it off. Fast drier bc I never need drying drops with it. The best thing is it does not smear nail art, specifically stamping nail art. Glad I finally bought this and I wish I had of tried this years ago bc I would have saved so much time and money on finding the perfect tc. Well be a repeat purchaser for sure.

on 4/17/2017 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

the fact that it takes Forever to dry makes it super annoying and useless.

on 12/15/2015 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Nothing special. Looked and dried like a thin top coat. Wont cover glitter and doesn't give a shiny wet glass look like Seche Vite does. I'd recommend Seche Vite hands done as my holy grail top coat!

on 7/25/2015 8:08:00 PM

HG! I don't know why I would bother to buy any other topcoat ever again. This one gives glass like shine, makes my manicures last longer and dries pretty fast too. Plus: unlike other topcoats, this one never gets goopy. I can easily empty the bottle without thinning drops or whatsoever! Just purchased a big bottle to decant in my regular size, so yes I will be using this for a while now. Also great for reviving a polish because of its thin texture. I'm a fan ...

on 11/23/2014 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

One of my favorite top coats. Really glossy, dries fast and does not chip or create air bubble as other top coats do. I have been using Sache Vitta for some time and it was a dissaster. Way too thick and it was peeling off after few days. This is nothing like it.
The only problem, I do not like small and short brush that all CND polishes have.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

UPDATE: This top coat is best used the day after you've done your nails. It dries fast when you already have completely dried polish on. It has helped my manicure last longer than it usually would. I did my nails Sunday night, applied CND top coat Monday, and my nails are still going strong (with minimal tip wear). Adding one more lippie because when it dries, it dries well and maintains great shine.

Wow, this top coat takes a very long time to dry! After doing my nails one night, I let them dry for a good hour and a half almost two hours. I went to bed and woke up the next day to nails no longer "super shiney" but matte because the top coat did not dry all the way. My polish was fine it was the top coat that did not dry. I ended up going over my nails again with Essie's "Good to Go Top Coat" (which is my usual go to top coat) and it corrected the damage. CND is shiny as the name implies but I'm very disappointed with the time it takes to dry. I bought this top coat knowing I was going to love it and now I'm really disappointed that I have a huge bottle of this stuff that I will probably only use when I have an entire day to dedicate to drying my nails. (Who has that kind of time?) I ended up going back out and buying another bottle of Essie's top coat. Kind of wish I did that in the first place but trail and error is the only way to know what works best. If you don't have the time, don't buy this product.

The only reason I gave this product 2 lippies is because I love the brush and bottle. I also love that the liquid has a purple tint so when you work with colors that tend to bleed (reds, plums, blacks) it does not transfer back into the bottle or on the brush. Also, the price was pretty good. I got a huge bottle from my local nail retailer for $12 bucks. It will last me forever.

on 12/19/2012 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this item after hearing it was similar to china glaze no chip top coat but better. The consistency was quite runny and thin but application was easy. I didn't find it to be that shiney, the second time I used 2 coats but that didn't really change the look just how long it lasted. So far a mani hasn't lasted more than 3 days with no chips and the record with cg is 7. I also don't really like the packaging to much, I find the brush a little to firm. Drying time is better than cg which is why i would buy this again, I'm hoping as i use it up my manis will start to last longer as i find this happens with cg (I'm guessing from getting thicker?).

Overall cg is more shiney and lasts longer than this but If you don't have hours to be careful with your hands then its worthwhile.

I saw a friend got a manicure from across the room and complimented her since it looked so nice. Come to find out she didn't get a manicure, and let me in on her secret....CND Super Shiny Topcoat! She told me her manicurist suggested it, and she never looked back.

I quickly bought it off of Amazon ($7) and tried it out. It's great! My nails are shiny but most importantly there are no chips! I did my nails on Monday. It is now Thursday and they are still going strong!

I just added an additional top coat to my existing color and am sure my self-mani will last thru the weekend.

My nail polish used to chip within a day or so, so for it to last even as long as it has is a big deal for me!

Someone on here said it took to long to dry, but I find it dries quicker than several other top coats I've tried!

I would also highly recommend Quimica Alemana as a base coat. This stuff is STRONG and will transform your nails! Trust me!

on 12/8/2011 5:56:00 AM

This takes a while to dry, and really is NOT 'super shiney' on my nails. I could forgive the drying time if it gave the effect I was looking for, but I don't at all get the high shine finish other reviewers mention. It's the worst high end topcoat I've used...poshe and seche are much better, as is Sally Hansen. I can't wait to finish my bottle and get on to something better.