Maybelline Line Works Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

Maybelline Line Works Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

3.4

This eyeliner used to be my go to eyeliner. The price is great, the end result looks great, and it stayed on all day. However, I began noticing that the eyeliner would flake a lot, and at the end of the day I would have small pieces of the eyeliner on my face. Other than this, I loved the pigmentation, and the lasting power. I would recommend this product for anyone who is beginning to use liquid eyeliner because it is very easy to apply and draw wings with.

It Deffinetly works great for some but not for others. On me it lasts all day long with out a setting spray or anything it is not runny and has a beautiful turn out. I am on my second bottle and will be repurchasing when I run out although it lasts a long time. However it does claim to be water proof but that is not the case at all but no matter what if it works for you the way it does for me you will love it! It's very easy to use and make a perfectly straight line every time however my friend purchased the same one and it was terrible for her. Like some people have said it was very runny, she was also able to tap it with her finger and it would disappear immediatly. For me this eyeliner is amazing and I will use it forever until I die!

To Read all 49 Reviews, Login or Join

the colours are great but IT BURNSSSSS!!!!! What the hell? Also, it does not last that long....

on 11/7/2015 11:54:00 PM

Bought this in black.
Loved the pigmentation and the liner tip, but the actual formula isn't great :/
It is NOT waterproof, and also NOT smudge proof.
After only about 3-4 hours, I see smudges all around my eye crease and undereyes, making it a complete mess to clean up...
It may be worse for me due to my hooded asian eyes, but def not waterproof - black tears ran down my face after I yawned couple times XP
It's alright if you don't need waterproof liners tho.

For all those who gave a 5 star rating, I am completely surprised as this product is GARBAGE!
It cost me $14 at shoppers drug mark, and I purchased it after reading the reviews on this thread. It's horrible.

I gave this a 1 overall rating because the liquid, is so dull, that I have to go over it 5 times before a grey would show. I purchased a Black liner. If this product came out opaque, like how eyeliners are SUPPOSE to work, then I would give it the highest rating.

This product does not serve it's purpose. I would not purchase again. I am taking the time to write this review to inform you as a consumer to not waste your money as I believe that truthful reviews help consumers make the right decisions when purchasing. I have yet to find a product that is waterproof and opaque at an average price.

I hope this helps.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Decided to try because I've been using the Ultra version for years. Makes a really good eye cat! Anybody can get that perfect wing in seconds & lasts forever. Only problem is I wish it was the same liquid that is used in the Ultra version because when I wet my face it smears down my entire cheeks, which makes me wonder if its really waterproof.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is super pigmented and really easy to use! For me, it's really easy to make a cat eye or apply in a straight line. The brush is super firm and easy for beginners to use. My only problem is that it's not waterproof.. I put it on and then tried washing it off and it came off super easily. I would buy again though.

on 1/15/2014 12:52:00 AM

This is one of the better drugstore liquid eyeliners out there. I prefer this kind to the normal felt tip liner, as those usually seem to dry out faster. I have had this liner for three months and will definitely be repurchasing! I wear it in black and it's easy to apply in a thin line or a thicker one. A cat eye is a little more challenging because of the shape of the brush, but the ease of application makes this one of my favourite eyeliners!

I used to wear this eyeliner religiously in university.... And then maybelline changed the formula. When I purchased it, the packaging stated "new and improved formula!" Well this new and improved liner left red angry lines where I had applied my liquid liner. It looked like someone with a very fine whip attacked my eyes and left 2 fine welts right above my eyelashes. Went back to my SA at shoppers drug mart (in Canada) and showed her what happened... She told me I must be allergic to something in the new ingredient list. :(

Anyways I now use my stila stay all day or Kat Von d trooper waterproof liquid eyeliners.

on 7/10/2012 3:41:00 AM

The only reason i ever used this was because i was looking for a cheaper liquid liner to use for awhile and i found what i wanted...but i would have been better off not buying anything. The color it applies is watery, thin, and practically invisible! i expected alot better from this product, but i was highly disappointed. The only positive remark i have is that the felt tip was ok, but I don't recommend this for anyone.