MAC Paints - Chartru

No Image

4.4

I am so disappointed that this has been discontinued. I have used this paint quite a bit. I find MAC paints really do help my eyeshadow stay on. Chartru is a nice green that I've used in many ways, as a base and as a wash alone. I will miss you, Chartru.

on 6/12/2010 2:30:00 PM

Hard to get used to these paints, but once you do, you will discover how wonderful they are. I'm olive complected, so it's sometimes hard to see color show up on me, but these do the trick.

on 3/8/2010 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is a gorgeous color, it's a golden olive green and really lasts all day long,it's quite tragic that it isn't available at the moment but there are a couple of dupes out there...(I Think..?) Chartru + MAC Swimming or Juxt e/s = love!!
A must have for make-up junkies like myself!!

on 5/19/2009 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This product very well for my lids, I mainly use it for a base to most of my light colored eyeshadows. The only downside was the packaging, it can get really messing, as soon as I opened the little cap it started spilling over, other than that, works great.

This gets a full 5 rating from me because MAC paints are beautiful and easy to work with and make great bases.

Chartru itself is a beautiful green - another paint that makes a great wash to be worn all by itself but is also great as a base for green shadows.

on 4/10/2009 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Ugh .. WHY does this have to be discontinued?!?!?! I'm a huge junkie for MAC paints, so it goes without saying that I had to have Chartru .. because it's a paint, and because I have a major weakness for green shadows. Chartru is amazing. It's a gorgeous light acid green with gold tones .. blends like a dream, and is always smooth and creamy. this is one of those things that I have "backups" of because of it's originality. I haven't come across anything else that compares in terms of color and texture .. I love you Chartru!!

on 3/4/2009 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love the color, but it is quite deceiving, this is a completely different color than it is described as on the MAC site, nor do I see it as green as the color on the label.

To me it was more of a yellowish green, and it really turned out bad for my completion and made my skin (NC15 for reference) look even more pale, and almost sickly.

Color looks good on other people just not on me

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

To my surprise, I truly like this color. Apply a thin layer and it's golden-green. Apply thick, and you get green with golden base. I am wearing today with Milani Garden Mist in center of lid, Iman Clay bronzer from crease to brow, NYX pigment in Black on outer V and crease, and MAC fluidline in BlackTrax as liner. So glad SA at Macy's MAC counter suggested this little gem. Otherwise, I would have never considered it. Great base for golden or green shadows; ie. Antique Gold, Old Gold, Sun Goddess, Olive, Lime, or Garden Mist. For reference, I'm a lovely bronze-skin beauty, aka DDD, NW45 or HIP#818.

This is the best eyeshadow base for Green eyeshadows. I'm on my second tube and I love it. I use it with the 217 brush and it works like a charm. Highly recommended, unique eye product.

I'm really getting back into using these (have had them forever but keep forgetting about them). The packaging is cute but not very functional. I will purchase more paints in other shades...what i like about this one is the same as others have posted--its great by itself (one layer and its just a light greeny gold, 2 layers makes it more golden olive, etc). But it works well as a base for other similar toned shadows, such as Milani Antique Gold. Such a striking combo! And these are fun to play with...