John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

Filtered by eye Color : Green
John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler
Joh Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

4.1

A Holy Grail! This gives my dry, thick, color-treated hair the perfect amount of conditioning without weighing it down, and works swell as a leave-in, too. (For a bit more conditioning, try the JM Lavender & Avocado Intensive Conditioner). Smells like *heaven*--pink grapefruit and neroli. I've re-purchased many times.

on 10/24/2004 8:42:00 AM

I love this product. I received a generous sample in a swap. It smells amazing. I put just a bit in my hair after using my regular shampoo and conditioner (matrix sleek look). I did not rinse it out. My hair was so soft and completely frizz free. Although it's an expensive product, when using it as I have, you only need a tiny bit so it will last a long time.

on 7/22/2006 6:59:00 AM

Paired with the Evening Primrose shampoo, my hair comes out very soft and manageable, even in 96 degree hot muggy Atlanta weather. My hair has better sheen than it's seen in a long time, even without the silcone de-frizzers I had always included in my blow dry ritual. Lighweight plastic container has convenient push cap top, so no flip cap to fall off. One lippie off because a small 8oz bottle is $16, but a little does go a long way. All in all, I really like this and will buy it again because it delivers great results to my fine wavy hair without dulling the color and without a ton of synthetics.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I am a sucker for all things by John Masters and this is no exception. On the suggestion of my sister I tried this. Delish! I use this as a leave in conditioner and let my hair air dry, as I found it's not moisturizing enough if I rinse out. So soft and silky and the neroli smell is to die for. It's permanently replaced my Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream.

I've been using this both as a leave-in and as rinse-out treatment. As a leave-in, I used just a pea-size amount on slightly-toweled dried hair which was just enough to hold my waves and did not weigh my hair down. As a rinse-out, I used a lot (as it's a very light weight conditioner). You could also use it as a cond-wash, but it's pretty expensive for that purpose. It left my hair very smooth, soft and bouncy. It has a very mild lovely citrus scent.

on 12/20/2007 11:55:00 AM

I love this conditioner! I have short, fine hair and this works really good as a rinse out. I tried to use it as a leave in but it was too heavy for my hair. As a rinse out is perfect leaving my hair shiney, soft and managable. I partner this with Desert Essence Italian Red Grape Shampoo (the John Master's shampoo is a little too expensive for me at this time). At $15.99, its not the cheapest conditioner but it works so well I will continue to buy it.

on 4/25/2008 10:07:00 PM

This was a conditioner that I was considering after having my stylist recommend using a better conditioner for my fine and delicate long hair. I love it!! The smell goes away quickly and the conditioner does a marvelous job of taming my fussy hair.

I am so glad that I found it. I would like to try other John Masters products for skin and hair.

on 10/17/2008 1:44:00 PM

This is the most amazing conditioner I've tried. It smells really great and it rinses clean. The next day, my hair feels incredibly soft. My hair gets really dry in the fall/winter so I use it as a leave-in and it keeps my ends from getting icky and dry. The price can be a little steep, but it's worth every penny. There aren't any toxic chemicals and it's animal friendly. Also, I found a discount for a site that I thought I'd share: kaiahouse.com is giving $5 off orders of $30 or more. the code for the discount is octobergreen.

on 7/9/2009 7:33:00 PM

Went to Whole Foods looking for a no cones (dimethicone, silicone, etc.) conditioner. My hair feels great at first with cone type conditioners, but over time the ends feel like straw. I was using my beloved coconut oil, but you with the summer, it was making my hair too oily. It's difficult to measure out just the right amount of coconut oil each time. The sale assistant at Whole Foods turned me onto the John Masters Citrus & Neroli Detangler. I have very long hair--fine, but a lot of it. Everything I've been reading says to eliminate "cones" from your conditioner. I was skeptical, but after a few shampoos to get rid of the build-up, this condtioner is working wonders. Soft, healthy looking hair. I use this conditioner as a leave-in treatment. No reason to wash it down the drain especially since it's expensive ($20 or so) for a small bottle. Smells fruity. Wasn't greasy, but was easier to comb than I thought. I am a believer now. No cones for me, ever.

on 8/24/2009 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A truly great conditioner. So long as nose/skin not irritated by the scent. On straight-forward performance, the Detangler is a 5 lippie-er; bumped down by 1 for irritation. The formula is almost identical to the Rosemary & Peppermint Detangler--different essential oils, different scent--and both are very similar to the new (2011-05) JMO Bare Unscented Detangler. If you're irritated by the scent in the Citrus & Neroli, or would rather add your own scent to your conditioner, I'd highly recommend the Bare version.

Caveat: on this specific hair - basically normal, will swing towards dry ends/greasy roots if pushed by the wrong product. Fine but thick/dense. Wavy. Mid-back length. Untreated, and usually left to dry naturally.

Having said that: a great conditioner. Easy to use, and can be used as a rinse-out (left on the hair for a couple of minutes, whilst applying in-shower body moisturising oil), as a leave-in, and a dab added to the ends and underside if it's very hot and drying outside. Full of the sorts of goodies my hair seems to like: aloe vera, hydrolyzed protein, panthenol, a lot of oils (jojoba, coconut, sunflower, some borage and flax), plus chamomile, calendula, and horsetail. Decent balance between moisture and protein, which is a rare thing.

Bonus: it smells gorgeous. Citrus and neroli indeed.

Best of all: it works. Hair is detangled and moisturised. In good nick, and stays that way. Feels soft and nice, like hair in good form really. No itching to the scalp or to any surrounding skin. And I'm no longer washing my hair every day to cope with grease, nor doing so or adding more moisture between washes so as to cope with dryness. Indeed, now usually washing it every 2 to 3 days.

One caveat: using this exclusively did dry my hair out after several months - resolved by swapping over to another conditioner every couple of weeks for one wash, then back again (using up old Aveda Brilliant and Phyto 7 this way).

UPDATE [12/2009]: moved over to Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner: works as well as the C&N at its best, doesn't leave hair dry, and is 1/3 of the price. Plus has lovely nostalgic Revlon Flex Balsam smell.

UPDATE [09/2010]: tried it again for a while as a rinse-out, and as a leave-in mixed with other things; alas, skin went into eczematic mode, including over-reaction to many scented products, of this was one. No more lovely citrus and neroli for me. Though neroli oil is one of the few that's OK on my skin...

UPDATE [05/2011]: after using various other unfragranced conditioners, back to JMO and he Bare conditioner, which is the fragrance-free version of the Citrus & Neroli, Highly recommended.

The bad news is the price: CAD 22.00 / USD / EUR 20.00 for a 236 ml bottle. It's a lovely bottle, and not much conditioner is needed, but it is expensive.

Then again: it works, and smells lovely. I for one will pay good money for hair stuff that smells this good, having been seduced by Nexxus Phyto Organics and Aveda; I can never go back to nauseating fake-fruit-bubblegum, ambiguous plastication, and the like.

No animal testing, mostly vegetarian or even vegan products, using organically-grown plant-based ingredients as far as possible.

INGREDIENTS: Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera leaf juice) gel,* aqua (water), behentrimonium methosulfate, cetearyl alcohol, panthenol (vitamin B5), hydrolyzed soy protein, wheat amino acids, sorbitol, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil,* cocos nucifera (coconut) oil,* helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil,* lecithin, tocopherol, glycerin, citric acid, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil,* citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil,* citrus aurantium dulcis (neroli) flower oil,* canarium luzonicum (elemi) gum nonvolatiles,* cymbopogon shoenanthus (lemongrass) oil,* sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, arnica montana (arnica) flower extract,* camellia sinensis (white tea) leaf extract,* chamomilla recutica (chamomile) flower extract,* calendula officinalis (calendula) flower extract,* equisetum hiemale (horsetail) leaf/stem extract,* foeniculum vulgare (fennel) seed extract,* lonicera caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower extract, linum usitatissimum (flaxseed) seed oil,* borago officinalis (borage) seed oil,* sodium hyaluronate (hyaluronic acid), sulfur
*Certified Organic by EcoCert / QAI
John Masters Organics ingredients and products are never tested on animals. continued >>