John Masters Citrus & Neroli Detangler

John Masters Citrus & Neroli Detangler

4.4

on 3/12/2008 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have been looking for products that do not irritate my scalp. (see JM Lavender Rosemary Shampoo for explanation) My hair is very fine so I needed something lightweight that would not weigh down my hair, yet still left it soft and manageable - my ends tend to get very dry in the winter. I finally found the right product for my hair. JM Citrus & Neroli Detangler works really great on my hair. It's soft, easy to comb thru and does not weigh my hair down with a bunch of silicones. It is the only conditioner natural or otherwise that I have been able to find that does not contain silicones. Plus my hair does not tangle up as much as much as it used to through out the day. John Masters products are also eco-certified.

on 6/27/2009 10:51:00 PM

In the past I would spend 20 mins or more in the shower brushing out my super long curly hair. Tried tons of detanglers n nothing helped. I use this and at most 5 mins my hair is completely tangle free!!! I love the smell as well! - fresh citrus.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

First off, I'm head over heels with the scent. Neroli to me is a sweet uplifting I never get tired of. Though the real reason why I adore this is that it makes detangling a breeze. I always detangle my wet hair with a comb before styling so having good slip is a must. It also doubles as a leave in for my thick coarse curly hair which then I layer my gel or stylers. I prefer to use it mostly as a leave-in versus a conditioner since it can be pricey for the volume of hair I possess to just rinse it out after.
It keeps my hair mosturized and clumps my curls well. I don't get the straw like or frizz that can result from protein. For most coarse hair, protein can do this. I'm guessing that it's a more gentle protein from plant origins. Then back to the smell, it will lightly lingers in hair if left in. Sometimes it makes strangers ask what I'm wearing. Love this stuff, wish they sold it in a bigger size : )

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not usually a fan of natural/organic products...I like the idea of less chemicals and no harsh ingredients but normally am not impressed with the results. I LOVE this conditioner though. It's super lightweight so I alternate it with a deep conditioning treatment, but it still hydrates my hair and leaves it super soft without weighing it down. And I love the smell, it's very refreshing and clean. I got it for $22.50 from the Canadian site ebeauty.ca: http://bit.ly/nVDyfG but I'll definitely look for it next time I'm in the states!

on 5/7/2012 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Wow - I am so pleased with the way this smooths my dry, coarse, curly, thick hair, yet no obvious weigh-down. I can forget about blowdrying if I want a slightly wild look. A little product goes a long way and it's one luxury hair item I don't mind spending the bucks on. Worth every cent. I'd just about given up on conditioners, and then I tried JM detangler. There is also a peppermint-rosemary version which is also wonderful.
In fact, I am using almost all JM products, from shampoo to body wash to serum.

NIce flip-up bottle cap and totally recyclable bottle.

on 4/15/2013 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My fine hair becomes flat and greasy. Works better on my husband's dry hair as a leave-in conditioner.

on 10/29/2015 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Impressive as a leave in conditioner and rinse out, although my hair needs a lot. It has good slip and adds softness. It does not drag out my curls or make them feel like there is residue. I will certainly run through a bottle quickly since my hair is long. I like the ingredient list and the fact that this can be found at my local Whole Foods and Ulta.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm obsessed with the smell, its luxurious and uplifting at the same time. Also it detangles and conditions lightly in a non-greasy way which is what I look for in a detangler! I would say it's medium weight so it could be too much for super fine/thin hair and maybe not enough for super coarse/dry hair?