John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

4.2

on 10/29/2015 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Impressive as a leave in conditioner and rinse out, although my hair needs a lot. It has good slip and adds softness. It does not drag out my curls or make them feel like there is residue. I will certainly run through a bottle quickly since my hair is long. I like the ingredient list and the fact that this can be found at my local Whole Foods and Ulta.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Okay, I guess. Hasn't made any great impression on me or my hair.

on 10/19/2012 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have bought this on and off through the years, but always come back to it! I have heavily highlighted blonde hair and use a lot of different products to bring back moisture. i use this only as a leave in because it is not moisturizing enough to use as a regular conditioner. I only use it on the midshaft down and it is great to detangle my dry hair without feeling like it is all snapping off. I have wavy to curly hair and like the way it defrizzes and it also works well with other products (all of my silicone laden ones!). I definitely feel that it is worth a try and I dont find it heavy at all probably because my hair is dry. If you have very fine hair I would definitely try it as a rinse out first. I feel like this serves as a detangling product and styling product in one. I still use other defrizzers and gel, but really dont have to!

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

First off, I'm head over heels with the scent. Neroli to me is a sweet uplifting I never get tired of. Though the real reason why I adore this is that it makes detangling a breeze. I always detangle my wet hair with a comb before styling so having good slip is a must. It also doubles as a leave in for my thick coarse curly hair which then I layer my gel or stylers. I prefer to use it mostly as a leave-in versus a conditioner since it can be pricey for the volume of hair I possess to just rinse it out after.
It keeps my hair mosturized and clumps my curls well. I don't get the straw like or frizz that can result from protein. For most coarse hair, protein can do this. I'm guessing that it's a more gentle protein from plant origins. Then back to the smell, it will lightly lingers in hair if left in. Sometimes it makes strangers ask what I'm wearing. Love this stuff, wish they sold it in a bigger size : )

on 6/26/2007 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is not as moisturizing as Terax crema, but it smells sooo much better and works almost as well! And it's nice that you can feel good about using it as it's free of evil toxins and petrochemicals. Now if only I could find a John Masters shampoo that worked as well...

on 12/21/2006 8:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This an excellent conditioner that I will definitely repurchase. I like the light citrusy scent, the simple, modern packaging, and most of all the total effectiveness of this product. I only need to use a small dab for my shoulder-length, wavy-curly hair, and I am left with soft, slightly relaxed texture. I'm also very happy that this conditioner includes no silicones or other peculiar chemicals. I actually feel like it will improve my hair as I keep using it, rather then slowly but surely drying it out or adding residue.

Popular Conditioners