John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

Joh Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

3.9

on 6/21/2008 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted this product to work for me because it's all natural/organic and it smells great, but after 3 weeks of using it (I usually wash my hair every day or every other day if I'm busy), my hair was so weighed down with residue that it would start to feel greasy less than 8-10 hours after washing my hair. After 24 hours, my scalp would be itching and my hair would feel stiff, coarse and greasy. Plus it was making it break out in sebaceous cysts along my cheeks and forehead. So unfortunately, this just didn't work for me.

on 11/23/2008 8:24:00 PM

Oh my stars....this stuff is incredible. I am very impressed. I've been wanting this for a while, but never got around to getting to Whole Foods or Earth Fare to pick it up. Well, I finally did and used it today for the first time. First off, about my hair....I did not have the pleasure of being blessed with fantastic hair. It's okay hair. Why? Basically, it is very fine, very straight and because of years of highlights and other torture treatments, it's also quite fragile and has a tendency to fly away and feel dry. I only use SLS free shampoos & natural conditioners. I find that natural conditioners usually aren't as user-friendly as their chemical counterparts in terms of smoothing hair and making it tangle free. That is...until I tried JM's Citrus & Neroli Detangler. I saw on the bottle that it could be used as a leave-in and because it is Sunday, I figured what the hey....if my hair came out looking icky, I didn't have anywhere to go. So I washed my hair, and squeezed the water out. Then I applied a couple TBSPs to my shoulder length hair and let it sit a couple minutes. Then I did a very quick rinse, leaving most of it in. When I took my towel off and blow dried my hair, I was nothing short of amazed at how soft it was, and how much swing & body it had. That's a miracle for my hair! It doesn't feel coated, heavy or any other thing I hate about bad conditioners. In the shower, it detangled my hair quickly and easily. I absolutely love this stuff. I will try it tomorrow rinsing it all out & see how it does. I know using it as a leave-in was spectacular. Hate the cost (took lippie away for that), but will buy it again as long as it performs! Love, love, love!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a very nice leave-in conditioner that also works well as a rinse-out. Just a little bit of it through my ends keeps my thick, normal-to-dry hair soft and tangle-free. It's very lightweight and doesn't make my hair look greasy, which I appreciate. If you have very dry hair, it may not be enough on its own. I find myself reaching for a deep conditioner every now and then when my hair gets dry, but for everyday this is a great product, especially in the summer when it's humid. It's pricey, yes, but it only takes a dab to detangle my hair so it should last me awhile.

Bonus points: it smells delicious. Like a light, slightly citrusy herbal smell. Yum.

on 8/5/2010 2:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a very nice conditioner/detangler. Smells lovely - citrusy light, natural formula (no bad chemicals), doesn't wear your hair down, makes it shiny and silky. Also, I use it as a detangler on kids which is great - no safety concerns and works like magic!! Will buy again. The only con - it's pricey. Lasted me 2+ months but I don't wash my hair every day.

on 11/10/2010 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this conditioner. I have a lot of fine hair and as a leave-in this makes my hair too oily (even if I use just a little bit), but as a rinse out it is perfect. It detangles without making my hair too heavy.
Another pro, it is Organic without nasty ingredients. The only con is the price, 20 euro in The Netherlands.
Update 12/28: after adding some highlights in my hair, it became very dry. With this hair condition, this conditioner worked best as a leave-in.

on 12/4/2010 12:15:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I expected more than that. The scent is really nice but it did absolutely nothing to my colored hair. It cuts off all the volume so it might work well on curly hair but i wouldn't recommend this for straight hair.

on 6/8/2011 8:56:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

This is THE BEST conditioner (detangler) that I've ever used and I am sure it will be one of the best out there.
I use it with Evening Primrose shampoo from John Masters Organics and it works wonder. I always had dry coarse hair and had lots of fly-aways. But while I am using this detangler, my hair is so smooth and soft that I couldn't stop touching them. It also made my hair look very silky. I have no complaints at all for the product quality.
The only down side is the price. It is $16 for 8 oz. in the States, but it cost me $22.50 ($25 after tax) in Canada. I have short - medium length hair and I go through a bottle every month. I use this product half of a year and cheaper products for the other half. I wish it was a little bit cheaper like $16 or even $18.

on 10/24/2011 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is by far one of the best organic conditioners I've used. My hair is fine and my scalp gets oily easily. This conditioner balances everything out. My hair is left soft yet bouncy. Plus I absolutely love Neroli, so the scent is a super plus.

on 4/15/2013 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My fine hair becomes flat and greasy. Works better on my husband's dry hair as a leave-in conditioner.

on 8/21/2013 7:34:00 PM

Okay so I have only used up a sample but I already have the full packaging in my basket on naturisimo and I just loved loved loved this product even though I only had the tiny sample.

My hair is just so lame that I can spend a small fortune and waste half an hour in the morning every day trying to fix it up and yet the effect will last after I leave the house only till I reach our trash bins (50 meters walk from my apartment tops) before my hair goes limp and dull on my head.

Obviously if I ever meet my prince charming it'll have to be within these crucial 50 meters from my apartment when my hair is still okay or he will have to wait till my full bottle of this lovely detangler arrives in my mail.

So what does this do for me: first of all - the smell - yes it's me the lover of strong smells talking! it's not strong and it's not overwhelming but so lovely that I wish I could just spread it all over my pillow and smell it as I fall asleep. More importantly though - my hair is shiny, smooth, it helps with my troublesome fly away hair in a major way and (and I hope this is not just my wishful thinking) but I have a feeling it even adds a bit of volume to my hair.

Overall my hair looks in a pretty good condition and healthy even though my hairdresser managed to slightly burn my hair during my last visit and instead of a nice blond colour I left her place with ugly yellow hair (so I guess "my" hairdresser is not a good expression as I don't plan to revisit). On my damaged ugly hair this really brings amazing results.

I should also add that I used it as a conditioner (rinsed out) and then I added tiny bit on ends of my hair as a leave in.