John Masters Citrus & Neroli Detangler

John Masters Citrus & Neroli Detangler

4.7

on 1/31/2004 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this stuff - smells lovely and leaves my hair so sleek and smooth after washing. High price tag, but well worth it compared to Fekkai, Phyto, Furterer - and it's organic, too.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff as a leave-in or if rinsed out. Does what it claims!

on 12/28/2006 11:22:00 PM

This is the best conditioner I've ever used. Granted, it's also the most expensive, so I was certainly expecting a wonderful product! It certainly lives up to its price tag. It contains a lot of great ingredients which make my hair incredibly soft and manageable. Whether I wash my hair at night and air dry or wash it in the morning and blow dry, my hair is touchable and very amenable to styling. It also smells delicious and makes me feel like I'm giving my hair a healthy treat. Will definitely repurchase.

on 2/9/2008 1:33:00 PM

My hair loves this. For me, it works better as a leave-in (in towel dried hair) but I only use less than a dime sized amount in my med. fine shoulder length hair. my hair is soft, shiny and bouncy!

on 3/19/2008 9:59:00 AM

I have to say I really like this product. In a humid climate where my hair used to just completely frizz, this helps to control that. And it doesn't have silicones! I do not use the same shampoo and conditioner 2x in a row, and like to alternate with something. Therefore I cannot comment on how it would work day after day. That said, its great - doesn't weigh hair down, smells nice and isn't overpowering. I sometimes use it on the ends of my hair after I have rinsed another conditioner out for a bit more conditioning (my hair is colour treated and the areas that are higlighted can get that dry overprocessed look to them!) . Am very pleased I tried this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is literally what it claims to be: a detangler. Aside from the divine smell and texture, it really allows me to brush my wet hair super smoothly. It also works well in treating and preventing split ends. It is perfect when used in conjunction with the Lavender and Rosemary Shampoo from the same brand. Some people use it as a leave-on conditioner but I find this usage to be too heavy on my hair, it kind of leaves it greasy, so I prefer to rinse the product off after a few minutes from the application. Expensive (16) but worh every penn. I honestly don't think there will ever be a better conditioner out there. Will repurchase again and again!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not usually a fan of natural/organic products...I like the idea of less chemicals and no harsh ingredients but normally am not impressed with the results. I LOVE this conditioner though. It's super lightweight so I alternate it with a deep conditioning treatment, but it still hydrates my hair and leaves it super soft without weighing it down. And I love the smell, it's very refreshing and clean. I got it for $22.50 from the Canadian site ebeauty.ca: http://bit.ly/nVDyfG but I'll definitely look for it next time I'm in the states!

on 1/15/2012 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Simply the best conditioner. It makes my hair feel soft and "conditioned," as it should! I pair it with JM Rosemary shampoo, and it always produces great results. My favorite of all of the everyday hair conditioners I've tried, both normal and organic. If you want a deep conditioning treatment, try something stronger. But for everyday use, this is exactly what I need. (I have normal, uncolored hair)

on 5/7/2012 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Wow - I am so pleased with the way this smooths my dry, coarse, curly, thick hair, yet no obvious weigh-down. I can forget about blowdrying if I want a slightly wild look. A little product goes a long way and it's one luxury hair item I don't mind spending the bucks on. Worth every cent. I'd just about given up on conditioners, and then I tried JM detangler. There is also a peppermint-rosemary version which is also wonderful.
In fact, I am using almost all JM products, from shampoo to body wash to serum.

NIce flip-up bottle cap and totally recyclable bottle.

on 12/11/2012 11:43:00 AM

I'm really impressed with this product! It works great for me as a leave-in conditioner, especially when I do an apple cider vinegar rinse first. My hair is dry, wavy/curly and prone to tangles. This product detangles really well, and leaves my curls soft and nicely conditioned without weighing it down. I wash my hair every 3/4 days and let it air-dry. This detangler works well at keeping frizz at bay- any remaining frizz I can tackle with some hair oil.

The price is a bit hefty (especially when bought in Europe), however you only need a small amount, so the bottle should last you for a long time. I've had mine for two and a half months and I've finished only a third of the bottle. The smell is divine too, it smells natural and uplifting.