John Masters Citrus & Neroli Detangler

Filtered by skin type : Combination
John Masters Citrus & Neroli Detangler

4.1

I have thin fine hair and for years it's been so dry I can barely brush it due to vitamin deficiencies and other gut problems that have affected my once beautiful hair. I bought this due to the good reviews and excellent ingredient list. I have had such a difficult time finding a detangler/conditioner that actually detangles and hydrates my tangled and uber dry hair. I don't know what some of these bad reviews are about, but this detangler/conditoner is seriously AMAZING. I use it as a conditioner, leave it on for 3-5 minutes, then I wash out and it leaves my hair so silky, smooth. and almost completely tangle free! It is seriously the ONLY conditioner I have found that literally does most all of the detangling for me and boy, I've been through so many natural detanglers and conditioners these last 5 years. I'm not a fan of the price, but it works so well it's worth it. I am stocking up. I can't be without this!

on 3/31/2017 11:31:00 PM

This is by far the best leave in I have ever used. I also use it as a detangler and it's great, but it's just so much better as a leave in. I have waist length wavy hair and I apply a quarter size amount to my damp hair and let it air dry and it adds so much moisture and a bit of texture and light hold. I love the smell and the ingredients are pretty impressive. I have a two year old son who loves to have his hair styled and it adds just enough soft hold to last all day without having to use a hair gel with drying alcohols and chemicals on his sensitive skin. It's been a great buy even if it's got a bit of a higher price tag it's definitely worth the $$.

on 5/24/2016 10:58:00 AM

Considering this is billed as a lightweight detangler, I found it somewhat heavy. I like it and will continue to use it on days that my hair needs a lot of conditioning, but I don't love it.

It does smell really nice, a light neroli smell.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a very lightweight conditioner with a soft scent of orange blossom. Smells like orange blossom water that I use for cooking. I liked the natural list of ingredients but this product did nothing for my fine, dry hair at all. It did not even detangle my hair which most basic conditioners can do. This product is also so thin and that I needed to use a lot of it. Left my hair feeling dry and frizzy.

on 4/19/2016 10:12:00 AM

Funny thing is it reads just a "detangler" and I find it to be one of the best heavy-duty conditioning treatments! I absolutely love the ingredients' list: the fact that aloe vera comes first and that there are no silicones. No heavy stuff in here, but it helps tame my frizzy, fine, porous, overcoloured hair. I leave it for 2-3 minutes then rinse out. My aim is: straight, shiny hair, no frizz - and this product delivers! When I use typical repairing masks, results are similar but my hair is weighed down and quickly starts looking greasy. I never have this problem with this detangler! The scent is very gentle, I expected it to be more citrusy, though.

I used this as my conditioner and let it sit on my hair for around 5 to 10 minutes during my pregnancy ( Thanks to my daughter, I started using all Organics/ natural hair/skin care products since I found out I was pregnant ). My hair became so smooth and looked healthy and shine. Overall, I liked it but it was not the best I used.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Now this is a detangler! My problem like most fine hair girls with a lot of hair, it's fine, but it tangles like a nightmare. I used to use kinky curly detangler but the problem is that it is a rinse out doesn't detangle as well and when I get out the shower I have to re detangle! I use a moisturizing conditioner, blow dry but use a heat protection, I don't color- so my hair is decently healthy. I have a oily scalp so I recommend with those with my hair to not use it on the scalp. I had tried the peppermint dentagler and did not like it. I use this detangler with my "wet brush." but also bust out the wide tooth comb or denmen brush if the knots are really bad.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I think this conditioner/detangler would be great for those with fine hair that don't want their to be weighed down and that don't have a severe frizzy hair or flyaways problem.
Unfortunately, my hair is very thick and terribly frizzy at times and this product couldn't tame the mane. I had to use more of this to have my hair conditioned and even after that, I needed to use a leave-in conditioner. That might be because the shampoo I used before this was the Alaffia Neem & Shea shampoo which is quite drying but, I know that even with other shampoos, I didn't feel like this nourished my dry hair like I was hoping it would. This conditioner is a little too light for me.
It's a shame because it is a costly product. I like the simple packaging and it doesn't have a bad scent for a natural product. But, I learned that I need a heavy-duty conditioner that can moisturize without weighing my hair down to the trick and this wasn't it. The search continues!

This was a mediocre conditioner. It did its job to detangle my hair in the shower and has a pleasant scent that isn't overpowering. Despite only using this on the ends of my hair, it felt like it was weighing down my hair. It also left a feeling as though my hair isn't completely clean even though I always thoroughly rinse it out. I give the company props for trying to use natural/organic ingredients and that's always a plus. Definitely not something I would repurchase again.

on 8/21/2013 7:34:00 PM

Okay so I have only used up a sample but I already have the full packaging in my basket on naturisimo and I just loved loved loved this product even though I only had the tiny sample.

My hair is just so lame that I can spend a small fortune and waste half an hour in the morning every day trying to fix it up and yet the effect will last after I leave the house only till I reach our trash bins (50 meters walk from my apartment tops) before my hair goes limp and dull on my head.

Obviously if I ever meet my prince charming it'll have to be within these crucial 50 meters from my apartment when my hair is still okay or he will have to wait till my full bottle of this lovely detangler arrives in my mail.

So what does this do for me: first of all - the smell - yes it's me the lover of strong smells talking! it's not strong and it's not overwhelming but so lovely that I wish I could just spread it all over my pillow and smell it as I fall asleep. More importantly though - my hair is shiny, smooth, it helps with my troublesome fly away hair in a major way and (and I hope this is not just my wishful thinking) but I have a feeling it even adds a bit of volume to my hair.

Overall my hair looks in a pretty good condition and healthy even though my hairdresser managed to slightly burn my hair during my last visit and instead of a nice blond colour I left her place with ugly yellow hair (so I guess "my" hairdresser is not a good expression as I don't plan to revisit). On my damaged ugly hair this really brings amazing results.

I should also add that I used it as a conditioner (rinsed out) and then I added tiny bit on ends of my hair as a leave in.