John Masters Citrus & Neroli Detangler

4.5

on 10/19/2012 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have bought this on and off through the years, but always come back to it! I have heavily highlighted blonde hair and use a lot of different products to bring back moisture. i use this only as a leave in because it is not moisturizing enough to use as a regular conditioner. I only use it on the midshaft down and it is great to detangle my dry hair without feeling like it is all snapping off. I have wavy to curly hair and like the way it defrizzes and it also works well with other products (all of my silicone laden ones!). I definitely feel that it is worth a try and I dont find it heavy at all probably because my hair is dry. If you have very fine hair I would definitely try it as a rinse out first. I feel like this serves as a detangling product and styling product in one. I still use other defrizzers and gel, but really dont have to!

on 1/25/2011 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This conditioner smells great and feels really smooth. I really wanted to like it, but even thou it does detangle my color treated, long, thick hair, it also leaves it greasy and heavy. I really can't use this at all.

on 3/3/2009 1:34:00 PM

FANTASTIC!!! this is one conditioner i always buy again and again.
My hair is thick, but only dry on the ends. This conditioner is potent enough to fully condition and smooth my ends, but does not weigh down the rest of my hair like other waxy formulations. It's a miracle! The conditioner smells divine, a very natural non-chemical scent and the product feels like it rinses out well. Highly recommend!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a sample of this, and 10ml lasted me 3 or 4 uses which is great & slightly justifies the price. Unfortunately it just didn't work for me. The packaging said 'great for coloured hair' and that it was suitable for dry hair - both of which I have! It made it a big tangled mess that wasn't at all smooth or shiny when dried. Oh well. If you can get hold of a sample please do, because it seems to work for lots of other ladies and John Masters has really great ethics.

on 3/12/2008 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have been looking for products that do not irritate my scalp. (see JM Lavender Rosemary Shampoo for explanation) My hair is very fine so I needed something lightweight that would not weigh down my hair, yet still left it soft and manageable - my ends tend to get very dry in the winter. I finally found the right product for my hair. JM Citrus & Neroli Detangler works really great on my hair. It's soft, easy to comb thru and does not weigh my hair down with a bunch of silicones. It is the only conditioner natural or otherwise that I have been able to find that does not contain silicones. Plus my hair does not tangle up as much as much as it used to through out the day. John Masters products are also eco-certified.

on 2/3/2008 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Used with the John Masters shampoo the HOney and Hibiscus or the Evening Primrose dry, damaged straw like blonde hair can feel HEALTHY a miracle again. This did detangle my hair, and i also used a dime size amount as a leave in as suggested on bottle. I have tried everything since my hair became very damaged and this is amazing. Other Organic or so called just made my hair gummy a dull. This line is a real sleeper right now, but once people start talking it up and think it is going to be big. Expensive yes, but it works, and we all know if something works they can get the money for it. I was very depressed about my hair and this product line is amazing for damaged hair. Buy at Whole Foods, they will take it back with receipt if you don't like it. Also, there is no bad or harmful ingredients so over time it benefits hair not destroys it!! Love it!UPDATE August 8, 2008. Over time made my fine hair really greasy...still great as a monthly treatment though.

on 1/26/2008 8:18:00 PM

This is my favorite conditioner! My hair is dry and seems to get split ends very quickly. Since I have been using this product my hair has been soft and moisturized. My hair stylist even said that my hair looks so much healthier since I started using it. I love the rosemary & peppermint detangler scent as well.

on 12/20/2007 11:55:00 AM

I love this conditioner! I have short, fine hair and this works really good as a rinse out. I tried to use it as a leave in but it was too heavy for my hair. As a rinse out is perfect leaving my hair shiney, soft and managable. I partner this with Desert Essence Italian Red Grape Shampoo (the John Master's shampoo is a little too expensive for me at this time). At $15.99, its not the cheapest conditioner but it works so well I will continue to buy it.

on 6/26/2007 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is not as moisturizing as Terax crema, but it smells sooo much better and works almost as well! And it's nice that you can feel good about using it as it's free of evil toxins and petrochemicals. Now if only I could find a John Masters shampoo that worked as well...

on 3/31/2007 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This conditioner is so wonderful I have even put it on a list to reorder again and again. It makes my hair feel like strong silk. The hyaluronic acid and honey make the hair strands seem plump, thick, full of volume, and incredibly shiny. Rinse out or leave in, I love it. And the smell is unbelievable! So yummy. I even use it to shave. This makes a fantastic shaving cream.