John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler
Joh Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

4.3

This stuff detangles like a breeze and doesn't weigh my hair down. I'm a hair lover and this detangler (I use it as a rinse out conditioner) ranks in my top 5. It's expensive but you only need a tiny amount and it delivers results.

I have thin fine hair and for years it's been so dry I can barely brush it due to vitamin deficiencies and other gut problems that have affected my once beautiful hair. I bought this due to the good reviews and excellent ingredient list. I have had such a difficult time finding a detangler/conditioner that actually detangles and hydrates my tangled and uber dry hair. I don't know what some of these bad reviews are about, but this detangler/conditoner is seriously AMAZING. I use it as a conditioner, leave it on for 3-5 minutes, then I wash out and it leaves my hair so silky, smooth. and almost completely tangle free! It is seriously the ONLY conditioner I have found that literally does most all of the detangling for me and boy, I've been through so many natural detanglers and conditioners these last 5 years. I'm not a fan of the price, but it works so well it's worth it. I am stocking up. I can't be without this!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Now this is a detangler! My problem like most fine hair girls with a lot of hair, it's fine, but it tangles like a nightmare. I used to use kinky curly detangler but the problem is that it is a rinse out doesn't detangle as well and when I get out the shower I have to re detangle! I use a moisturizing conditioner, blow dry but use a heat protection, I don't color- so my hair is decently healthy. I have a oily scalp so I recommend with those with my hair to not use it on the scalp. I had tried the peppermint dentagler and did not like it. I use this detangler with my "wet brush." but also bust out the wide tooth comb or denmen brush if the knots are really bad.

on 1/27/2015 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been trying to shorten my shower routine, and I have been trying to switch over to all natural/organic beauty products. So when it came time to buy a new conditioner, this seemed like the perfect choice. I use it as a leave-in. It is pricey; there's no denying that, but I use such a small amount that I expect the 8 oz. bottle to last at least 3 months. I have very thick/frizzy/wavy chest-length hair.

I think part of the reason I love this so much is that it does exactly what it says it will do. It detangles my hair and conditions it. My hair felt softer after only the first use. It is by no means a miracle product though. I've seen reviews where people say they're disappointed because it doesn't tame their frizz. Where does it say frizz tamer? It's a leave-in conditioner. That's it. It's not an oil or a serum or a cream or anything meant to tame frizz or give you bouncy curls. You will have to use other products with this. That being said, this product does what it says it will do well.

on 12/11/2012 11:43:00 AM

I'm really impressed with this product! It works great for me as a leave-in conditioner, especially when I do an apple cider vinegar rinse first. My hair is dry, wavy/curly and prone to tangles. This product detangles really well, and leaves my curls soft and nicely conditioned without weighing it down. I wash my hair every 3/4 days and let it air-dry. This detangler works well at keeping frizz at bay- any remaining frizz I can tackle with some hair oil.

The price is a bit hefty (especially when bought in Europe), however you only need a small amount, so the bottle should last you for a long time. I've had mine for two and a half months and I've finished only a third of the bottle. The smell is divine too, it smells natural and uplifting.

on 10/24/2011 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is by far one of the best organic conditioners I've used. My hair is fine and my scalp gets oily easily. This conditioner balances everything out. My hair is left soft yet bouncy. Plus I absolutely love Neroli, so the scent is a super plus.

on 6/8/2011 8:56:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

This is THE BEST conditioner (detangler) that I've ever used and I am sure it will be one of the best out there.
I use it with Evening Primrose shampoo from John Masters Organics and it works wonder. I always had dry coarse hair and had lots of fly-aways. But while I am using this detangler, my hair is so smooth and soft that I couldn't stop touching them. It also made my hair look very silky. I have no complaints at all for the product quality.
The only down side is the price. It is $16 for 8 oz. in the States, but it cost me $22.50 ($25 after tax) in Canada. I have short - medium length hair and I go through a bottle every month. I use this product half of a year and cheaper products for the other half. I wish it was a little bit cheaper like $16 or even $18.

on 7/13/2010 5:25:00 PM

just used this for the first time today and received complements from a couple coworkers. i have long, thick, wavy/curly, filipino hair and i used this as a leave-in conditioner/styling creme. i have been wanting to switch to an all natural regimen and this can replace my bumble & bumble styling creme, which costs more anyway. great find!!!

on 7/3/2009 2:28:00 AM

I have really long unusually thick (thin hair but a lot of it) asian hair, past my waist bc I'm growing it out to donate. Anyways, for 2 months I've suffered dry strawish hair and i didn't have a clue why! Turns out I've been using the wrong kind of shampoo (Herbal Essence drama clean bc bf likes using it to get the gunk out of his hair---pure poison it is!) THEN i started reading about the horrors of sulfates and parabens and non ph balanced shampoos and just nasty stuff for your hair. I researched and researched and came upon John Masters. This stuff ain't cheap! But the quality.......it's wonderful to say the least. I could go on...but anyways this detangler is great. It's awesome, it's kickass, it's splendiferous! it has made my hair wonderfully soft and detangles it so well. I use a small amount, warm it up with my hands and smooth it over the hair past my ears and taddah! renewed magical wonderful hair! I use this as a leave in condition, never as a wash out conditioner bc let's face it..it's too expensive to just wash away. Well to me it is, for you it could be a diff. story. I love it. Though the smell isn't that appealing to me, for some reason it sorta smelled like fish food flakes for a brief tiny second on my hair...but I asked other people and they say 'citrusy'..must be me. I guess it smells fine to me, I just like it bc it's a great product :) Oh yeah, my hair regimen now is condition and thoroughly rinse with organic coconut oil 1x weekly, paraben sulfate free shampoo/conditioner (avalon), this daily, John Masters honey hibiscus reconstructing 'poo 1x weekly. Ain't cheap but my long hair feels freaking fantastic!

on 6/27/2009 10:51:00 PM

In the past I would spend 20 mins or more in the shower brushing out my super long curly hair. Tried tons of detanglers n nothing helped. I use this and at most 5 mins my hair is completely tangle free!!! I love the smell as well! - fresh citrus.