John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler
Joh Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I start to think that I should stay away from natural/organic beauty products since I've tried many but none of them was ever worked for me...
This one is another failure.
It doesn't detangle my hair, I even think it tangles it more.
It does a poor job as conditioner and weights my thin hair down. It's way too heavy for my hair, I can't imagine how it can be live-in product since I can't leave it for more than a minute without a feeling that five minutes rinse afterward does nothing to remove this product from my head.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a very lightweight conditioner with a soft scent of orange blossom. Smells like orange blossom water that I use for cooking. I liked the natural list of ingredients but this product did nothing for my fine, dry hair at all. It did not even detangle my hair which most basic conditioners can do. This product is also so thin and that I needed to use a lot of it. Left my hair feeling dry and frizzy.

on 10/19/2009 5:11:00 PM

I had tried this several years ago and didn't like it but the JM Zinc & Sage Shampoo is a staple for me so I thought I'd dig this out of the closet and try it again. Nope. I have static, my color looks weird and my second-day hair (I usually wash it every three days) is flat flat flat, in spite of using a volumizing mist on it this morning. And for something that is called a detangler rather than a conditioner, it didn't do much to detangle.

on 6/21/2008 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted this product to work for me because it's all natural/organic and it smells great, but after 3 weeks of using it (I usually wash my hair every day or every other day if I'm busy), my hair was so weighed down with residue that it would start to feel greasy less than 8-10 hours after washing my hair. After 24 hours, my scalp would be itching and my hair would feel stiff, coarse and greasy. Plus it was making it break out in sebaceous cysts along my cheeks and forehead. So unfortunately, this just didn't work for me.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Unfortunately his product line reminded me of Jonathan Product line. Expensive, pumped as natural and leaves my hair dry, frizzy and crunchy.

on 4/15/2013 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My fine hair becomes flat and greasy. Works better on my husband's dry hair as a leave-in conditioner.

on 6/11/2011 3:06:00 PM

This conditioner i way to light for my hair. It does absolutely nothing for my dry hair. Think it's better suited for fine hair that doesn't need a lot of moisturizing.

on 1/25/2011 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This conditioner smells great and feels really smooth. I really wanted to like it, but even thou it does detangle my color treated, long, thick hair, it also leaves it greasy and heavy. I really can't use this at all.

One of the few products I would go out of my way to not recommend. It has a nice scent, and I appreciate that it's not tested on animals. But that's where its good qualities end. My hair gets greasy almost immediately after conditioning with this, but it gives very little shine, softness, or slip. My biggest complaint would be how tangled my hair is in comparison to other conditioners. I've been looking for the perfect not-tested-on-animals, well-reviewed-on-skin-deep conditioner for awhile now. while some haven't given great results, this is the only one I wouldn't even suggest trying.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a sample of this, and 10ml lasted me 3 or 4 uses which is great & slightly justifies the price. Unfortunately it just didn't work for me. The packaging said 'great for coloured hair' and that it was suitable for dry hair - both of which I have! It made it a big tangled mess that wasn't at all smooth or shiny when dried. Oh well. If you can get hold of a sample please do, because it seems to work for lots of other ladies and John Masters has really great ethics.