John Masters Citrus & Neroli Detangler

John Masters Citrus & Neroli Detangler

4.2

on 3/31/2017 11:31:00 PM

This is by far the best leave in I have ever used. I also use it as a detangler and it's great, but it's just so much better as a leave in. I have waist length wavy hair and I apply a quarter size amount to my damp hair and let it air dry and it adds so much moisture and a bit of texture and light hold. I love the smell and the ingredients are pretty impressive. I have a two year old son who loves to have his hair styled and it adds just enough soft hold to last all day without having to use a hair gel with drying alcohols and chemicals on his sensitive skin. It's been a great buy even if it's got a bit of a higher price tag it's definitely worth the $$.

Got a sample of this from Ulta & I swear it's one of the best leave in conditioners I've ever used (and I've tried a lot.) My other faves are Paul Mitchell & Morrocan Oil. This John Masters rates right up there -maybe even bumped those other two down. It smells great too. I'm not a big fan of neroli but this is very pleasant. I'm definitely looking to buy a full size when this sample runs out -I was actually a little worried that I might not be able to find it! Glad to see it's not some one off product.

on 5/24/2016 10:58:00 AM

Considering this is billed as a lightweight detangler, I found it somewhat heavy. I like it and will continue to use it on days that my hair needs a lot of conditioning, but I don't love it.

It does smell really nice, a light neroli smell.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a very lightweight conditioner with a soft scent of orange blossom. Smells like orange blossom water that I use for cooking. I liked the natural list of ingredients but this product did nothing for my fine, dry hair at all. It did not even detangle my hair which most basic conditioners can do. This product is also so thin and that I needed to use a lot of it. Left my hair feeling dry and frizzy.

on 4/27/2016 8:18:00 PM

I must say I had higher expectations.

My hair always used to tangle easily but most of conditioners were successful in detangling it. However in the last year it changed: I could not detangle it so I got this product.

I had some initial success and helped me somewhat in detangling but not completely and the hair gets entangled over and over again. It is OK for softness. No particular volume or anti-frizz effects.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm obsessed with the smell, its luxurious and uplifting at the same time. Also it detangles and conditions lightly in a non-greasy way which is what I look for in a detangler! I would say it's medium weight so it could be too much for super fine/thin hair and maybe not enough for super coarse/dry hair?

on 10/29/2015 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Impressive as a leave in conditioner and rinse out, although my hair needs a lot. It has good slip and adds softness. It does not drag out my curls or make them feel like there is residue. I will certainly run through a bottle quickly since my hair is long. I like the ingredient list and the fact that this can be found at my local Whole Foods and Ulta.

on 4/19/2016 10:12:00 AM

Funny thing is it reads just a "detangler" and I find it to be one of the best heavy-duty conditioning treatments! I absolutely love the ingredients' list: the fact that aloe vera comes first and that there are no silicones. No heavy stuff in here, but it helps tame my frizzy, fine, porous, overcoloured hair. I leave it for 2-3 minutes then rinse out. My aim is: straight, shiny hair, no frizz - and this product delivers! When I use typical repairing masks, results are similar but my hair is weighed down and quickly starts looking greasy. I never have this problem with this detangler! The scent is very gentle, I expected it to be more citrusy, though.

I used this as my conditioner and let it sit on my hair for around 5 to 10 minutes during my pregnancy ( Thanks to my daughter, I started using all Organics/ natural hair/skin care products since I found out I was pregnant ). My hair became so smooth and looked healthy and shine. Overall, I liked it but it was not the best I used.

on 3/3/2016 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love it! It's perfect for my damaged hair, makes it soft and shiny. Recommend this for all the girls ;)