John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

Filtered by age: 44-55
John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler
Joh Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

3.6

Got a sample of this from Ulta & I swear it's one of the best leave in conditioners I've ever used (and I've tried a lot.) My other faves are Paul Mitchell & Morrocan Oil. This John Masters rates right up there -maybe even bumped those other two down. It smells great too. I'm not a big fan of neroli but this is very pleasant. I'm definitely looking to buy a full size when this sample runs out -I was actually a little worried that I might not be able to find it! Glad to see it's not some one off product.

on 11/10/2010 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this conditioner. I have a lot of fine hair and as a leave-in this makes my hair too oily (even if I use just a little bit), but as a rinse out it is perfect. It detangles without making my hair too heavy.
Another pro, it is Organic without nasty ingredients. The only con is the price, 20 euro in The Netherlands.
Update 12/28: after adding some highlights in my hair, it became very dry. With this hair condition, this conditioner worked best as a leave-in.

on 7/9/2009 7:33:00 PM

Went to Whole Foods looking for a no cones (dimethicone, silicone, etc.) conditioner. My hair feels great at first with cone type conditioners, but over time the ends feel like straw. I was using my beloved coconut oil, but you with the summer, it was making my hair too oily. It's difficult to measure out just the right amount of coconut oil each time. The sale assistant at Whole Foods turned me onto the John Masters Citrus & Neroli Detangler. I have very long hair--fine, but a lot of it. Everything I've been reading says to eliminate "cones" from your conditioner. I was skeptical, but after a few shampoos to get rid of the build-up, this condtioner is working wonders. Soft, healthy looking hair. I use this conditioner as a leave-in treatment. No reason to wash it down the drain especially since it's expensive ($20 or so) for a small bottle. Smells fruity. Wasn't greasy, but was easier to comb than I thought. I am a believer now. No cones for me, ever.

on 4/25/2008 10:07:00 PM

This was a conditioner that I was considering after having my stylist recommend using a better conditioner for my fine and delicate long hair. I love it!! The smell goes away quickly and the conditioner does a marvelous job of taming my fussy hair.

I am so glad that I found it. I would like to try other John Masters products for skin and hair.

Oh yeah, what the other 5-lippie folks said! This is my HG now. I only need a dab of this thick & creamy conditioner. It has a gentle, sweet orange smell-to my nose there's also a bit of vanilla-w/absolutely no chemical undertones, only high-quality & effective natural organic ingredients, & best of all soft, manageable, shiny hair with lots of body. The only thing that was different for me was that my thick, coarse, dark brown & silver, mature, short & wavy hair still has a bit of frizz left when I air-dry it. No daily conditioner I've tried has made all the frizz go away when I've air-dried my hair, though. That takes a deep-conditioning, or for in between a bit of John Masters pomade makes it look better than I could've hoped for. The other thing is that I like it just slightly less as a leave-in than as a rinse-out, but so far I've only used it during the winter. I might have different results this summer. I'll repurchase this over & over!

on 11/23/2008 8:24:00 PM

Oh my stars....this stuff is incredible. I am very impressed. I've been wanting this for a while, but never got around to getting to Whole Foods or Earth Fare to pick it up. Well, I finally did and used it today for the first time. First off, about my hair....I did not have the pleasure of being blessed with fantastic hair. It's okay hair. Why? Basically, it is very fine, very straight and because of years of highlights and other torture treatments, it's also quite fragile and has a tendency to fly away and feel dry. I only use SLS free shampoos & natural conditioners. I find that natural conditioners usually aren't as user-friendly as their chemical counterparts in terms of smoothing hair and making it tangle free. That is...until I tried JM's Citrus & Neroli Detangler. I saw on the bottle that it could be used as a leave-in and because it is Sunday, I figured what the hey....if my hair came out looking icky, I didn't have anywhere to go. So I washed my hair, and squeezed the water out. Then I applied a couple TBSPs to my shoulder length hair and let it sit a couple minutes. Then I did a very quick rinse, leaving most of it in. When I took my towel off and blow dried my hair, I was nothing short of amazed at how soft it was, and how much swing & body it had. That's a miracle for my hair! It doesn't feel coated, heavy or any other thing I hate about bad conditioners. In the shower, it detangled my hair quickly and easily. I absolutely love this stuff. I will try it tomorrow rinsing it all out & see how it does. I know using it as a leave-in was spectacular. Hate the cost (took lippie away for that), but will buy it again as long as it performs! Love, love, love!

on 7/22/2006 6:59:00 AM

Paired with the Evening Primrose shampoo, my hair comes out very soft and manageable, even in 96 degree hot muggy Atlanta weather. My hair has better sheen than it's seen in a long time, even without the silcone de-frizzers I had always included in my blow dry ritual. Lighweight plastic container has convenient push cap top, so no flip cap to fall off. One lippie off because a small 8oz bottle is $16, but a little does go a long way. All in all, I really like this and will buy it again because it delivers great results to my fine wavy hair without dulling the color and without a ton of synthetics.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Okay, I guess. Hasn't made any great impression on me or my hair.

on 7/3/2005 9:50:00 PM

This conditioner smells wonderful, but paired with the Zinc Shampoo, doesn't leave enough moisture in my hair. Second (non-wash) day is rather fly-away, but on the other hand, my hair combs out easily right after washing. I look for conditioners to leave my hair soft and shiney, and this did an okay job...not great, not bad... My hair is fine and curly...shoulder length.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am allergic to most conditioners because of the fabric softener ingredients used in them, including many "natural" products - and this has several things in it that I try to avoid. Coconut and jojoba oils, wheat protein, all dry my hair out, herbal extracts/oils that tend to burn my skin, and aloe, which can burn me on occasion. So needless to say, I would not have gone anywhere near this product a year ago, but I've just been desperate to find something I can use. Most conditioners are just too heavy for my fine, but abundant hair, and I need something mid-weight. At first I really liked this, but within an hour my hair felt somewhat coated and oily (and my hair is slightly dry). I wouldn't consider it heavy, just oily - and I only used a pea-size amount. I had to wash it off, I felt a little overwhelmed by it. The smell is nice and I can see where many people would really like this. It also burned my hands and ears a little, so not for me