no images

price range

Reviews

from

8 years ago

Tragic that this is discontinued. Benefit Lightening is such a fabulous lotion. Granted, this isn't the one to turn to if you're looking for moisture, this is strictly for sheen and it's absolutely stunning. It's a soft ivory with golden shimmer. What I love is that the "shimmer" is enough to give skin a really beautiful glow, but without the blingy over the top glow. The scent .... not fabulous, but that was an easy fix by adding a couple of drops of a vanilla scented oil into it. Voila, shimmer and beautiful scent! A winner, but one that I don't use often because it's no longer available. I reserve this for nights out.

About reviewer (1078 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

16 years ago

First let me say that I love this stuff, and hope that even though it's discontinued I'm able to continue locating random bottles of it floating around the swapping community for a long time to come. That said, it does have a couple of flaws....for one, it patently does *not* moisturize like the bottle says it does, in fact it goes on thin and dry and actually seems to suck the moisture out of your skin. Second, it smells bad, but upon close inspection I noticed a disclaimer on the bottle saying "no added fragrance", so at least we were warned. It gets into the wrinkles of your skin and accentuates them (like on your knees) and you have to wash your hands immediately after applying or you leave golden handprints everywhere until it wears off. Now, with the negatives out of the way, I'll tell you why I love this product and why I continue using it despite the drawbacks. It leaves my tanned skin with a gorgeous, very subtle, very sexy shimmery sheen that has just a hint of gold to it. It stays all day, basically until you take a bath. It looks fabulous and really accentuates what color you already have, and the darker your natural tan, the better---though it looks equally beautiful on paler skin as well. You get a lot in the bottle and a little goes a long way, so though the prodect seems cost-prohibitive, you do wind up with a good deal in the long run. Be sure to shake it up before applying so the golden shimmer mixes well into the "lotion". I can forgive Lightning its shortcomings, because its triumphs are soooooo worth it :-)

About reviewer (221 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

HairRed

EyesGreen

17 years ago

I'm not really a big fan of Benefit products and I like this stuff a lot. It's especially great for putting on your arms and legs before going out at night in the summer. It gives a subtle, golden sheen - no obvious glitter all over you, just nice and glowing. It's a good quality lotion, too, and not at all sticky or greasy. It smells a little bit like Desitin, but I like that smell so it doesn't bother me.

About reviewer (107 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBrown

17 years ago

this lotion has a golden sheen. good for all over the body, when i'm going out an night or in the day. enhances my skin colour. looks natural and does not have big chunky sparkles. you just shimmer.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

Age19-24