St. Ives Apricot Scrub - Invigorating

St. Ives Apricot Scrub - Invigorating
Apricot Scrub - InvigoratingApricot Scrub - InvigoratingApricot Scrub - InvigoratingSt Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot ScrubEnter Title

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Juglans Regia Shell Powder (Walnut) , Glyceryl Stearate , Propylene Glycol , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn) , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Cetearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , PEG-100 Stearate , Cetyl Acetate , Ceteareth-20 , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Polysorbate 60 , Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol , Triethanolamine , Carbomer , Fragrance , Phenethyl Alcohol , PPG-2 Methyl Ether , Limonene , Linalool , Methylisothiazolinone , Glycerin , Prunus Armeniaca Fruit Extract (Apricot) 1/12/11

I used to swear by this product when I was in my teens but now that I know more about skincare, this is SO HORRIBLE FOR YOUR FACE! It's way too rough and the beads are small plastic pieces that don't dissolve. I highly recommend you ladies look into this further, because it damages the skin longterm.

on 10/15/2016 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I love my Kiehls Dermabrasion scrub but coming to the end of the tube I wanted to try something different which, like Kiehl's, didn't contain plastic microbeads.
St Ives kept popping up during my research so I thought I'd give it a go while I figure out which premium brand scrub to buy (it's surprising how many still use plastic microbeads), and bought the travel size yesterday. I was very pleasantly surprised! There's a good proportion of grains suspended in a rich creamy base which has what I think of as a "happy" smell - fruity, floral and quite uplifting.
My skin had a nice glow afterwards and I applied some facial oil and cream, and this morning my skin felt like silk. I do think I overscrubbed a little in putting this product through its paces (slight tingling this a.m), but like any scrub you just have to start off gently and work up to whatever level of pressure suits your skin. Note to self - follow own advice next time....!
I was impressed enough to go out and buy the full size this morning which was on offer at Superdrug at £1.95. As high-end scrubs start at around £20-£25 this is an absolute bargain! Previous reviewers offered some very good advice which is well worth repeating, that you can use this product as a body scrub if it doesn't suit your facial skin.
I saw some earlier reviews which mentioned parabens in this product. The tube I bought today states "100% natural extracts" and "formulated without parabens and phthalates" so St Ives must have changed the formulation recently.
This product's ticked so many of my boxes for a facial scrub that I may not bother looking for a high-end alternative after all. Well worth a try!
*Update 27/10/16; I have to say I've read a lot of negative reviews elsewhere about the damage that the jagged particles in this product can do to the skin which have made me a little uneasy, but then many more people have said how great it is so I decided to persevere. I've used this a few times now,very gently, and the scrub action was fine. The problem's been the cream in which the scrub is suspended - it's made my skin very dry and tight, and ironically produced a patch of itchy, dry, flaking skin on my chin. I'm going to use this as a hand scrub instead and I'm sure it will help prevent the cracked skin I usually get during winter.

on 7/10/2016 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is too tough on my face. But I use it on my body

The granules (crushed walnut - I supposed includes shells) hurts! So beware, do not use on your gentle gentle face...

EDIT: It gives me the most severe allergic reaction! No more :( I so wanted to love you.

This scrub isn't exactly the greatest to use on sensitive skin: It's a bit rough,due to the crushed walnut shells that are in it. I also found it a bit too thick and difficult to remove. Little bits of shell seemed determined to remain on my face even after a washcloth removal method. However it isn't drying but all in all,not enough benefits to recommend.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is quite painful to use. The little exfoliating pieces are very sharp. I also got one in my eye which was terrifying to say the least. I know exfoliating has its benefits, but this seems like it would cause more damage than anything. The product as a whole seemed a bit dry...it feels like a tube full of sand with a tiny bit of paste added in. I like my cleansers to foam up, but this one doesn't at all.

This is the best scrub out there! I've tried plenty from Lush products to body works products and this is the only one that actually works. There are a lot of the "beads" in one squeeze so you really feel the deep exfoliation. To some it may be too harsh but I feel like it's what really makes it work. I have super sensitive, acne prone, dry skin and this does NOT dry my face after (having the tight feeling) or has made me break out. I still would use a moisturizer after for extra moisture. I've finished the whole bottle and it really made a difference on my skin. Pores have gotten smaller, I've seen fewer black heads and even lightened my skin (or just looks really clean lol). I have found my deep exfoliating scrub! Thanks St. Ives!

on 4/12/2015 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a very good product and I would recommend this if u have oily skin. My skin is quiet oily with some dry areas. And I applied this on my face and then used cold water to wash it off then apply a moisturiser/cream, make sure you use cold water to open your pores up

VERY harsh and abrasive to the face. I've seen quite a few people (including many dermatologists--research it!) saying that you can actually do damage to your skin with exfoliants like these--they cause micro-tears in the skin, that can eventually build up and start to cause visible damage.
A very gentle but still effective exfoliant that I would recommend instead is the St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub. It smells great and left my skin SO soft and glowing, unlike the apricot scrub, which left my face feeling very raw and irritated because of the harshness.

on 3/4/2015 8:48:00 AM

Way to abrasive in my opinion to use on the face. Maybe ok for elbows, hands and feet though.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this product.
I've read a lot of bad reviews but this scrub works perfectly on my skin.
I love that it's course and rough, removing all the dead skin and preventing my face looking like ancient Pompeii, with little volcanoes everywhere.
This is the only product I've found that doesn't cause my face to break out. Love it and have been using it for years.
I would definitely recommend it.