St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub

St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Juglans Regia Shell Powder (Walnut) , Glyceryl Stearate , Propylene Glycol , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn) , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Cetearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , PEG-100 Stearate , Cetyl Acetate , Ceteareth-20 , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Polysorbate 60 , Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol , Triethanolamine , Carbomer , Fragrance , Phenethyl Alcohol , PPG-2 Methyl Ether , Limonene , Linalool , Methylisothiazolinone , Glycerin , Prunus Armeniaca Fruit Extract (Apricot) 1/12/11

on 7/10/2016 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is too tough on my face. But I use it on my body

The granules (crushed walnut - I supposed includes shells) hurts! So beware, do not use on your gentle gentle face...

EDIT: It gives me the most severe allergic reaction! No more :( I so wanted to love you.

This scrub isn't exactly the greatest to use on sensitive skin: It's a bit rough,due to the crushed walnut shells that are in it. I also found it a bit too thick and difficult to remove. Little bits of shell seemed determined to remain on my face even after a washcloth removal method. However it isn't drying but all in all,not enough benefits to recommend.

To Read all 298 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is quite painful to use. The little exfoliating pieces are very sharp. I also got one in my eye which was terrifying to say the least. I know exfoliating has its benefits, but this seems like it would cause more damage than anything. The product as a whole seemed a bit dry...it feels like a tube full of sand with a tiny bit of paste added in. I like my cleansers to foam up, but this one doesn't at all.

This is the best scrub out there! I've tried plenty from Lush products to body works products and this is the only one that actually works. There are a lot of the "beads" in one squeeze so you really feel the deep exfoliation. To some it may be too harsh but I feel like it's what really makes it work. I have super sensitive, acne prone, dry skin and this does NOT dry my face after (having the tight feeling) or has made me break out. I still would use a moisturizer after for extra moisture. I've finished the whole bottle and it really made a difference on my skin. Pores have gotten smaller, I've seen fewer black heads and even lightened my skin (or just looks really clean lol). I have found my deep exfoliating scrub! Thanks St. Ives!

on 4/12/2015 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a very good product and I would recommend this if u have oily skin. My skin is quiet oily with some dry areas. And I applied this on my face and then used cold water to wash it off then apply a moisturiser/cream, make sure you use cold water to open your pores up

VERY harsh and abrasive to the face. I've seen quite a few people (including many dermatologists--research it!) saying that you can actually do damage to your skin with exfoliants like these--they cause micro-tears in the skin, that can eventually build up and start to cause visible damage.
A very gentle but still effective exfoliant that I would recommend instead is the St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub. It smells great and left my skin SO soft and glowing, unlike the apricot scrub, which left my face feeling very raw and irritated because of the harshness.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this product.
I've read a lot of bad reviews but this scrub works perfectly on my skin.
I love that it's course and rough, removing all the dead skin and preventing my face looking like ancient Pompeii, with little volcanoes everywhere.
This is the only product I've found that doesn't cause my face to break out. Love it and have been using it for years.
I would definitely recommend it.

on 3/4/2015 8:48:00 AM

Way to abrasive in my opinion to use on the face. Maybe ok for elbows, hands and feet though.

My FAVORITE scrub! This stuff has been around for a long time and there's a reason. It leaves my skin feeling so soft. I use it every other day. It's not a cleanser, so you should remove your makeup first. This is a great scub! It's the only one I buy.

It's not gentle AT ALL! I just don't believe that you could use it all over your face, really abrasive!

Have no idea how the high score come from.

If you want to use a gentle scrub on your face, try the Aveeno one.