no images

price range

Reviews

from

8 years ago

Lovely lemony scent, very light and refreshing. I combine it with wild fig and cassis sometimes and its quite interesting. My usualy Friday scent this one! As with all JM fragrances, not very lasting.

About reviewer (206 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

EyesBlack

3.0

9 years ago

Crisp green spicy scent that reminds me of the peppery grapefruit of Eau de Reglisse. Great summer scent. Uncomplicated, simple and crisply clean. Average longevity

About reviewer (1714 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

EyesBrown

10 years ago

Verbenas of Provence is a fabulous citrus scent! It is one of the few citrus fragrances that has any complexity to it at all, but the overall impression is still very simple and subtle. It starts out lemony, but as it dries down it becomes very soft and clean with notes you can't really put your finger on. It is a light scent, but, on me, has much more staying power than L'Occitane's Verbena or AG Eau D'Hadrien. I can see the comparisons to both of these, but Verbenas of Provence is more complex and lingers longer than L'Occitane's Verbena, and doesn't have that slightly masculine note that Eau D'Hadrien has. It is by far my favorite of the three, and is perfect for warmer weather. It's great on its own, but also mixes well with most other Jo Malone fragrances. I like it with French Lime Blossom for spring and summer, and with Nutmeg and Ginger for fall and winter. It's also nice with Red Roses and Honeysuckle and Jasmine -- anything you want to add a bit of brightness to. Try it! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

10 years ago

I love this fragrance, I tried JM Basil, Lime and Mandarin b/c smelled divine on my friend but didn't at all on me. This one is so gorgeous and more smooth than Goutal's Eau d' Hadrien and , the comparison between the two in almost invevitable but I personally think that this is almost a copy of Eau de Rochas (toned down a little bit) so if you can't afford to get this one all the time , Eau de Rochas might be also for you and a lot less expensive than this one (I think) Also many lemon fragrances tend to be very sharp and tend to be unisex and masculine, this one is very feminine and I do not think that a man can get away with this one. TOP: Lemon , Verbenas MIDDLE: Juniper Berry, Cypress, Rose, Jasmine BASE: Sandalwood, Oak Moss.

About reviewer (118 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

10 years ago

If I really have to pick up one winner out of JM's bodyspray .. I would choose "Verbenas of Provence." It's a citrus verbenas scent which is not too overpowering... it's a pick me up perfume in the morning .. zesty perfume when you are tiring. Uplifting perfume when you're in a bad mood. Anyway .. it reminds me of the scent of LUSH's Ocean Salt face scrub. It smells very much like Magarita, actually. It's good .. lasting power is okay .. with that scent .. I can bear to it. Don't take it personally, JM.. I said good things about one of your bodyspray ... On the other hand .. this one is a cologne .. aint a bodyspary.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

11 years ago

This is a very nice lemon/verbena type fragrance, very classic and beautiful for summer. The staying power is pretty good too I can still smell that fresh lemon four or so hours after application. Its also good that you can get the staying power of lemon without it evolving into a very woody more masculine type cologne which so many citrus fragrances do. Not sure it matchs up to my favourite citrus les nuits de hadrian but its close.

About reviewer (196 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

EyesBlue

11 years ago

Sharp and summery, very pleasant. More verbena/floral than pure lemon (that's a good thing). I wore it alone this summer, but I would layer it for winter--goes well with Pomegranate Noir and Blue Agava and Cacao. This lasts longer than most JM fragrances for me.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination

EyesGreen

3.0

12 years ago

This is a great lemon verbena scent - I see it as a spring/summer scent only - very vibrant. If you are a lemon/verbena lover, you should definitely try this - you are sure to love it! The only reason I would not repurchase is that I have since sampled some verbena products (i.e., l'occitane) that are much more reasonably priced and I don't see a big difference in quality or effect.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBrunette

12 years ago

It's frank verbenas as it was named, very crisp and refreshing, work very well with other JM spicy and floral colognes...my recommendation is to layer it with french lime blossom, vetyver, amber & lavender and blue agava & cacao....many many more because this is one of the most versatile cologne as well as grapefruit and orange blossom in my opinion.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily

HairBlack

EyesBlack

12 years ago

Verbenas de Provence is light, lemony, fresh, pristine. Crystalline palest yellow. Citroen yellow. If you like Cristalle edt and Eau de Hadrien, do try Verbenas de Provence. It's a sparkling shared fragrance that would also be fabulous in scented products for the home.

About reviewer (1117 reviews)

Age56 & Over