Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

4.8

on 2/10/2018 2:34:00 PM

This review refers to the brushes sold individually with the curvy black handles.

I started collecting these maybe ten years ago. In that time, I have also amassed a collection of IT, real techniques, and Sephora brushes. I always come back to these. Why?

Excellent quality and very little if any breakage with proper care. I use Parian spirit cleanser and it does the job. I prefer the version with the black ferrules (as opposed to gold) just for aestetics. They fit beautifully in the hand and have a great weight and balance.

The small multipurpose powder brush is my favorite eyeshadow blending brush of all time. It is the perfect shape and size. I am not very good with blending, but this makes the job so much easier. That brush was discontinued some time ago but you can still find them on eBay.

I also love the medium eyeshadow (white goat) brush, the medium fluffy (squirrel) brush, and the synthetic multipurpose brush. In all, I have about 20 of these brushes, with only a few duplicates.

Including:
large tapered powder
Synthetic flat top multipurpose (foundation)
domed multipurpose (white)
Synthetic foundation
Angled multipurpose
Dense blush/powder
Brow groomer/comb

I fear they are being discontinued as they are on clearance in the store and the Sonia Kashuk brushes page on target.com has been taken down.

Get em while you can. They are beautiful, useful, and downright cheap for the quality,

on 12/9/2009 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These brushes are amazing. When I first bought them I was a brush virgin and was following a couple gurus on youtube and decided to make the investment. I got the Blush Brush, the Foundation Brush, and the Large Eyeshadow Brush. I've had them for a year or so, and keep in mind since I had never owned brushes before, I didn't know to clean them as often as I should. (Yikes!) But even through the neglect, they are still holding up so well. I honestly don't think I have had any shedding. The bristles are so soft, but yet sturdy. And I have sensitive skin so some brushes will cause a rash. These have never bothered my skin, and I honestly can't imagine MAC or anyone else being any better. I have the black handled brushes that come in the hard plastic tubes. I'm even going to get my sister some for christmas so she can start using them. I HIGHLY recommend these!!!

Best drugstore brushes, by far. I even prefer them to most cosmetics counter brushes. I haven't really had a problem with hair falling out. The blush brush has lost some shape, but I suspect that is because I don't wash/reshpae them as often as I should.

I love these brushes. I've had an 8 piece set for a few months now and I've had NO problems with them whatsoever. It is cheaper to buy as a set but if I had to do it again I would buy them individually because there are about 3 or 4 that I don't even use and I replaced one of them with a Sonia Kashuk blender brush (which I love). I don't wear a lot of makeup every day and these work great for me, especially as a travel kit. These aren't the best brushes out there, but the are definitely the best for the price.

on 5/7/2002 12:29:00 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these brushes. First of all, they are cheap. Second of all, they compete with high end brushes. Just ask InStyle magazine!!! Contrary to other reviews, these brushes do not shed. I have had the same ones for almost 2 years. These brushes are stiff like people said but thats a good thing. I have no idea why people like flimsy brushes. They are okay when applying neutral shadows but when applying lots of color/drama you need control. These are soft, yet firm too. A must have for true makeup fanatics......especially the large and medium shadow brushes.

on 7/5/2001 7:01:00 PM

Sonia Kashuk's brushes are a fabulous deal! These brushes are as soft as my high-end brushes, at a small fraction of the cost! I am particularly pleased with the performance of the powder brush (the most expensive brush at the bargain basement price of $9.99) and the small eyeshadow brush (very nice for adding crease color). These brushes can compete with a number of high-end lines.

Popular Makeup Brushes