Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/18/2011 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I recently started experimenting with various Sonia Kashuk brushes (concealer, eyeshadow, blush, kabuki, travel blush brush--not the brush set in the photo above, but various brushes sold individually in her collection) and I am pleasantly surprised with the quality. These make up brushes are a true bargain. They are moderately priced and comparable in effectiveness, durability, and design with the more expensive brands I have tried, such as Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier.

I use these brushes every single day, and I could not imagine going back to the crappy ones I used to use. The bristles are packed in very close together, so they do their job without spreading makeup everywhere like some other flimsy brushes do. they are also very soft, which is a plus. the only one I do not like is the blush brush. I find that it's too small and makes my blush go on streaky. But one bad out of all of these isn't a big deal. The packaging is really nice too. It's pretty AND practical. I would definitely buy them again.

on 3/23/2007 5:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

The brushes are great. Very soft and after washing, they took their shape back. The only thing that bothers me is the smell. Is it just me or does the handles have a funny smell to them? I have washed them plenty of times but the smell is still there. Overall the bristles hold up and not prickly like some others.

I got the travel kit that sells for $20 @ Target (also available online) and it is more than worth what I paid for. Although they are not quite as thick as the brushes I got in the BE's mineral makeup brushes, I feel they are much softer and silkier on my face--they don't "prick" at all. After I sent back the starter kit and got a makeup that was bismuth oxychloride free, I needed some decent brushes that weren't the kabuki style. I read somewhere that you have to be careful about the "buffing" technique as it can cause tears in your pores and possibly cause more breakouts; it is better to use silky, fluffy brushes like the blush/powder brush in this kit. All the brushes (the big brush,a large, medium, & small eye shadow brush, a nylon brush, lip brush, a contour brush, and brow brush) are great and were what I actually needed!

on 5/14/2003 1:58:00 PM

So far, I've bought the powder brush, large eye shadow brush, synthetic brush for applying concealer, covered lip brush and liner brush and have not been disappointed. I'm in love with her line! I plan on buying her blush brush as well.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Almost all of my brushes are from Sonia Kashuk. Excellent quality. Can compete with any high end line. Definately recommend