Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

Price: $

on 5/26/2011 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Sonia Kashuk brushes will always be a favorite. The best part is that they are very affordable. Most of my brushes are SK. I only own one MAC brush (217) because these do the job for me. I will repurchase these guys forever and ever. They are of high quality. I still have many brushes that I've had for years, and they all work perfectly.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I started with one brush, then went back a month later for more, and on and on until I wound up with the complete set. I picked up the white-handled skunk brush initially, as I didn't want to shell out the cash for MAC. I don't have the 187 or 188 to compare it to, but it works great for me. I got hooked and I kept on with the white brushes so they'd all match. There are 17 brushes in the collection: a powder brush, blush brush, angled contour brush, small, medium, and large shader brushes, a concealer brush, a bullet-shaped crease brush, medium and large foundation brushes, a spoolie, a lash/brow comb, angled liner brush, a "fluffy" shadow brush that's similar to the small shader but more dense, a crease brush, a stiff, thin pencil brush, and the highlighter skunk brush. The packaging leaves quite a bit to be desired, unfortunately. The black-handled brushes are sold in rounded hard plastic cases, but the white ones are in soft plastic sleeves that keep the brush heads rather flat. Most of the brushes didn't suffer for it, but the fluffy ones--powder, blush, highlighter, and contour--needed an overnight stay or two in brush guards after cleaning. After a couple of months, they're fine, but I'd rather not have had to do brush surgery right away.
There is minimal shedding with some of the brushes when they're washed, but none when I use them on my face. They aren't as dense as they could be, but the shading brushes are nice and firm and they all do the job well. I'm not completely sold on the foundation brushes. The bristles aren't the best-quality synthetic out there, and they work better for moisturizer or primer instead of foundation. The natural bristle brushes are some of the softest I've ever felt and apply like a dream.
Long story short, these brushes are a safe bet. They apply well, wash well, and dry relatively quickly. I keep hearing great things about the black-handled brushes, so I might retire these to travel and backup if they're worth it. Total cost of the 17 brushes was under $150, but that's including 10.25% sales tax. All in all a great buy.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

An SA at the MAC counter recomended these brushes to me as an inexpensive but comparable alternative to their own line.
I started off with an 8 piece travel kit and have since added quite a few to my collection. I recomend these to everyone I know.
I havent had any problems with shedding and they keep their shape well after washing.
Ive just recently started learning which e/s brushes do what.. so I am really making use out of these brushes and they are holding up strong!
Eventually I will try the higher quality brushes.. but for now.. Sonia Kashuk has done me well!

on 4/21/2002 10:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Wonderful brushes. I bought the medium and the large eyeshadow brush. I also have the lip brush. These brushes are very soft and work very well. Great for application and blending. And they're also very cheap.

Popular Makeup Brushes